Thank Goodness

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Thank Goodness

I am glad the deal is off, the last thing we need is a big center without an offensive game clogging up the middle where Sulllenger is king.  I like our bigs they are learning just fine and they can shoot.  Fact is I am beginning to like this team.  Get RONDO OUR OF COLD STORAGE AND LET US SEE WHAT WE HAVE.  Fav has impressed, he needs time on the court.  NO 15 MILLION FOR A 10 MILLION DOLLAR PLAYER , PLEASE.  Go after a all around big with the skills similar to C. Anthony.  These guys we have are doing just fine.  They only need a superstar to take the late shots or be a decoy for the late shots.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Re: Thank Goodness

The guy is not that great, why did Houston go after Howard?  Because the buy was in the way on offense.  or something

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Use the $$$$$$ and picks to get a shooter very good shooter with size that can defend.   I don't think we are getting that much through the draft, we need to save our picks to move up  in the draft.   The Houston Center is good but not that good.   Yes we need to move Bass and Lee for the good of our future but this is an expensive way to go with a Center is going to turn right around and want HUGE MONEY EXTENSION NEXT YEAR.  He is not a allstar because of his shooting range.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to romneywins' comment:

The guy is not that great, why did Houston go after Howard?  Because the buy was in the way on offense.  or something

Yes, the guy is not that great, but we were only trading garbage for Asik.

Mabey, but I do not consider our first round pick next year garbage, if they take the Clipperrs ok, but they want our first round pick.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Sullinger is carrying extra weight now that he could lose and move better if he played power forward.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

You all are crazy if you think the deal is off.

This is a power move by Houston to gain more leverage in the negociations ... except that they have NO LEVERAGE. They have a self-imposed deadline, a player who is not contributing to their team and who doesn't want to be there.

It is inevitable and in Houstons best interest to move Asik. They are just trying to get the best deal available and using every tactic at their disposal to generate a bidding war.

The trouble is that there are only a couple of team with mild interest and no team DYING to get the guy. 

My bet is Danny has a standing offer, something like Bass & Lee or Humphries & a pick. Houston will have to take it or leave it. If they don't take it, they may need to send a pick of their own to Philly with Asik in order to get Hawes (who I think they really covet)

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I too think this deal gets done tomorrow.  I think Houston has a plan and it entails trading Asik and then flipping who they acquired for him as part of a package around the trade deadline.

I just can't see Houston taking on someone now for the long-term.

Oh yeah, Fav should be sent to the D-League to develop more.  His footwork of late has been terrible, both offensively and defensively.  He'd prefer launching 3 pointers than working in the paint for a basket-all with no footwork.  Bigs can't always rely on gettings baskets finishing at the rim with a dunk!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:

I am glad the deal is off, the last thing we need is a big center without an offensive game clogging up the middle where Sulllenger is king.  I like our bigs they are learning just fine and they can shoot.  Fact is I am beginning to like this team.  Get RONDO OUR OF COLD STORAGE AND LET US SEE WHAT WE HAVE.  Fav has impressed, he needs time on the court.  NO 15 MILLION FOR A 10 MILLION DOLLAR PLAYER , PLEASE.  Go after a all around big with the skills similar to C. Anthony.  These guys we have are doing just fine.  They only need a superstar to take the late shots or be a decoy for the late shots.

I like your opinion..we might differ in politics but Yes stay the course!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

Sullinger is king?

You really think we will make the playoffs now and in the future if Sullinger is the starting Center?

No way!

The eastern conference is so weak, the 13th seed of the western conference can win the Atlantic and become the 4th seed in the east.

And please, Fav has impressed?

This is not the NFL where Fav only plays offense.

Every time Fav is in the game, bad things happen on defense.

Last night Petey was so frustrated with Fav, he said Fav should be sent to the D-League!

How good would you be if you hardly ever played? The man needs playing time to gradually improve his skills. He can already do better than any center that the celtics have. He is actually better than Asik right now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

I read there is a requirement for teams to hold a guy acquired via trade for  60 days before he can be flipped

"Houston wants to make a move by Thursday, exactly two months ahead of the February trading deadline. That would allow the assets obtained in an Asik deal to be traded again (league rules call for a 60-day moratorium on re-trading players)."

So, maybe it's off altogether.

also, Fierce, Bass isn't garbage;he is a good all around player, especially in this system.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

In response to maryngary's comment:

Use the $$$$$$ and picks to get a shooter very good shooter with size that can defend.   I don't think we are getting that much through the draft, we need to save our picks to move up  in the draft.   The Houston Center is good but not that good.   Yes we need to move Bass and Lee for the good of our future but this is an expensive way to go with a Center is going to turn right around and want HUGE MONEY EXTENSION NEXT YEAR.  He is not a allstar because of his shooting range.

If your picks are not in the top 10, you're not going to get into the top 10 using picks outside the top 10.

The Celts already tried that in 2012.

The picks could be huge in a trade, they could be the difference.  Skin a squrill more than one way.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Sully has played admirably at the center spot , but he is just a temperorary stop gap. You cant expect to have a 6'8 -6'9 guy playing center in the nba and expect to be succesfull LONG  TERM. Its just not going to happen.  Asik would have been a very nice pickup. Everyone keeps talking about the 14'draft, but where do you see a starting caliber center falling in the 18-25 range? I dont. Our biggest need is the center spot. Which I dont think is this years strong suit, mostly 3s and 4s.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts