Thank you, Boston!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indiansbacker. Show Indiansbacker's posts

Thank you, Boston!

Thank you for beating the Heat on opening night, and thank you for losing to my Cavaliers last night.  The loss was no big deal for the Celtics, who will win many games this season, but it was a HUGE win for the Cavs' franchise to finally get the "MeBron" stigma off their backs!  I predict a .500 season for the Cavs -- I think the national pundits are way off base!  Byron Scott has run a "boot camp" training camp, so the Cavs are probably the fittest team in the NBA.  It showed last night when Celtics wore down at the end!  When a team lacks talent like the Cavs, they have to make up for it in team work and being fitter than the other guy!  Their lack of size up front will hurt them as season goes on, but they will be aggresive and well-coached all year!  No quitters on Cavs now that "MeBron" is gone!  I wish Shaq would tell us all the true story about what happened in Cavs' locker room during playoffs last year!  But he is being discreet....       

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Re: Thank you, Boston!

I think every fan outside Miami was happy to see the Heat lose on opening night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In Response to Thank you, Boston!:
    Thank you for beating the Heat on opening night, and thank you for losing to my Cavaliers last night.  The loss was no big deal for the Celtics, who will win many games this season, but it was a HUGE win for the Cavs' franchise to finally get the "MeBron" stigma off their backs!  I predict a .500 season for the Cavs -- I think the national pundits are way off base!  Byron Scott has run a "boot camp" training camp, so the Cavs are probably the fittest team in the NBA.  It showed last night when Celtics wore down at the end!  When a team lacks talent like the Cavs, they have to make up for it in team work and being fitter than the other guy!  Their lack of size up front will hurt them as season goes on, but they will be aggresive and well-coached all year!  No quitters on Cavs now that "MeBron" is gone!  I wish Shaq would tell us all the true story about what happened in Cavs' locker room during playoffs last year!  But he is being discreet....       
    Posted by Indiansbacker

As a die-hard C's fan, I gotta give the Cavs serious props for last night's win. Congratulations on a well-deserved victory at home.  This is so huge for Cleveland!  I loved their entire approach to the game's start, as well as their ability to win without what's his name.  Awesome team approach, awesome team win.  Double-bonus for Cavs' fans over the last couple of days.

Solid win. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Great win for the Cavs. Anything to make Bron look bad I'm all for. The Cavs seem to have more balance now. Meanwhile the Heat look like the Cavs when LeBron has the ball...stand and watch.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to Re: Thank you, Boston!:
    Great win for the Cavs. Anything to make Bron look bad I'm all for. The Cavs seem to have more balance now. Meanwhile the Heat look like the Cavs when LeBron has the ball...stand and watch.
    Posted by BiasLewis

I agree 100% That's why I feel Pat Riley should coach the Heat. Spo just doesn't have the personality they need to coach and take control over huge personalities like their Big 3. Riley would get LeBron in line and have him pass the ball more.

Spo looks like he's starstruck, too timid to coach and take control of a team like the Heat.

I don't think he's the right fit for that team. It won't work with him at the helm.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indiansbacker. Show Indiansbacker's posts

In Response to Re: Thank you, Boston! : I agree 100% That's why I feel Pat Riley should coach the Heat. Spo just doesn't have the personality they need to coach and take control over huge personalities like their Big 3. Riley would get LeBron in line and have him pass the ball more. Spo looks like he's starstruck, too timid to coach and take control of a team like the Heat. I don't think he's the right fit for that team. It won't work with him at the helm.
    Posted by Waynestarr

Spo is in same situation Mike Brown was in!  Not enough cred to coach these huge egos!  His time is limited, like Brown's was....  That's why I would have liked to see Byron Scott coach "MeBron"!  He would have kicked his behind!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Indiansbacker, I give you credit for hanging around even though as a Cavs fan there is really nothing for you in this forum now. I warned you Lebron would leave - though it didn't take a genius to see that coming. Having said that, I do believe that with Scott's conditioning of your team of athletes, I think you not only have a shot at .500 ball, but actually making the playoffs in the 7th or 8th seed with just above a .500 record. I really think that could happen and it would be a relative triumph for your team so I'll be rooting for it to happen. Of course, you'll get your tails whipped in the first round of the playoffs if you make it, but it would still do a lot for the city if it happened. Hickson looks like he can ball, even moreso than what we saw last year. Congrats on kicking our behinds, you deserved the win - even with that homer game clock manipulation. I'm sure we have some of that in Boston also....Good luck!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indiansbacker. Show Indiansbacker's posts

Indiansbacker, I give you credit for hanging around even though as a Cavs fan there is really nothing for you in this forum now. I warned you Lebron would leave - though it didn't take a genius to see that coming. Having said that, I do believe that with Scott's conditioning of your team of athletes, I think you not only have a shot at .500 ball, but actually making the playoffs in the 7th or 8th seed with just above a .500 record. I really think that could happen and it would be a relative triumph for your team so I'll be rooting for it to happen. Of course, you'll get your tails whipped in the first round of the playoffs if you make it, but it would still do a lot for the city if it happened. Hickson looks like he can ball, even moreso than what we saw last year. Congrats on kicking our behinds, you deserved the win - even with that homer game clock manipulation. I'm sure we have some of that in Boston also....Good luck!
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

Thanks!  Scott has made Hickson his "special project"!  Scott is determined to turn JJ into a reliable 15 PPG, 7-8 rebounds a game player....   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Indiansbacker, Welcome back !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Thank you, Boston! : I agree 100% That's why I feel Pat Riley should coach the Heat. Spo just doesn't have the personality they need to coach and take control over huge personalities like their Big 3. Riley would get LeBron in line and have him pass the ball more. Spo looks like he's starstruck, too timid to coach and take control of a team like the Heat. I don't think he's the right fit for that team. It won't work with him at the helm.
    Posted by Waynestarr

i disagree entirely

spo has been with the heat for a very long time and been around some very good teams...the man breathes basketball and if anything...is anti-star struck...happy to have the talent but a little unsure of how to manage it and i think even the best minds in basketball would have a little trouble with a team where its 3 best players are all better facing the basket

the team just needs to time to grow into itself...which should be around february-march range and then they will start to really play their best basketball

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indiansbacker. Show Indiansbacker's posts

Indiansbacker, Welcome back !
    Posted by cavaliersfan

Thanks, but as some posters on here have said, Cavs fans have no reason to be here -- we are no longer in the discussion.  I agree, so I doubt I'll be here much....  I will be happy with Cavs finishing at 41-41 and an 8th seed....  Good luck to everyone in NBA, EXCEPT the HEAT, I mean "CHEAT"! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I think every fan outside Miami was happy to see the Heat lose on opening night.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget

I agree with you.  I can't imagine that they will be popular anywhere that they play except in Miami.  They will definitely be one of the most disliked teams in the NBA. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Thank you, Boston! : As a die-hard C's fan, I gotta give the Cavs serious props for last night's win. Congratulations on a well-deserved victory at home.  This is so huge for Cleveland!  I loved their entire approach to the game's start, as well as their ability to win without what's his name.  Awesome team approach, awesome team win.  Double-bonus for Cavs' fans over the last couple of days. Solid win. 
    Posted by soups

I agree with you and also believe that Cleveland will still have a decent team this year and probably make the playoffs.  Scott will be a good coach for this team. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

I love the C's, and always will....but I certainly like the Cav's now
    that they are a balanced team, I really hope they win more games,
    not against the C's when they meet again, but against other teams.

Thanks you C's for winning against the Heat on Tuesday, good
    luck C's this season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Good to hear from you, Indiansbacker.
    Best luck this year for the Cavs (unless they're playing the Celts)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i feel bad for spoestra.  he will inevitably be replaced by narcissist "good times coach only" riley at some point.  i don't know how you could get that excited to go to work every day.  i haven't really formed much of an opinion of him than a coach, other than he doesn't deserve the typical riley yanking around.

on the other side of the thread, i hope the cavs pull a .500 season.  i really do.  i don't think anyone had much fun on that team last year.  I perceived it was like being totally under the (psycho....?!) reign and at the whim of lebron and do whatever lebronnie wants and agree with him, always make sure to smile with him and then never question him even when he lays down and dies on his team. 
    Nobody could confront kingbron on how stupid the sideline photo shoots were even if the team HAD actually won anything of consequence, and they hadn't.  i could see that being a real nightmare and the riddance of bron being like a new day dawning.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indiansbacker. Show Indiansbacker's posts

Good to hear from you, Indiansbacker. Best luck this year for the Cavs (unless they're playing the Celts)
    Posted by breaktime

Thanks!  If Cavs play .500 and make playoffs as 8th seed, and Boston -- and not the Heat or Orlando -- goes to The Finals, it will be a good year!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

i feel bad for spoestra.  he will inevitably be replaced by narcissist "good times coach only" riley at some point.  i don't know how you could get that excited to go to work every day.  i haven't really formed much of an opinion of him than a coach, other than he doesn't deserve the typical riley yanking around. on the other side of the thread, i hope the cavs pull a .500 season.  i really do.  i don't think anyone had much fun on that team last year.  I perceived it was like being totally under the (psycho....?!) reign and at the whim of lebron and do whatever lebronnie wants and agree with him, always make sure to smile with him and then never question him even when he lays down and dies on his team.  Nobody could confront kingbron on how stupid the sideline photo shoots were even if the team HAD actually won anything of consequence, and they hadn't.  i could see that being a real nightmare and the riddance of bron being like a new day dawning.
    Posted by aciemvp

riley has said repeatedly its spoelstra's team and he isnt interested in coaching anymore...he never said such things with van gundy was around

and spoelstra is riley's protege...has worked with the heat for over a decade now...he is the coach for the foreseeable future

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Didn't they say the same thing in Cleveland last year about Mike Brown?

Winning games 2 years in a row, and he gets the ax?  Means it could happen to anyone..........and if Jackson wants to coach the Heat next year, "Spo" is out!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

In Response to Re: Thank you, Boston! : Thanks, but as some posters on here have said, Cavs fans have no reason to be here -- we are no longer in the discussion.  I agree, so I doubt I'll be here much....  I will be happy with Cavs finishing at 41-41 and an 8th seed....  Good luck to everyone in NBA, EXCEPT the HEAT, I mean "CHEAT"! 
    Posted by Indiansbacker

Yes, but I am Cavs fan 1st and Celtic fan 2nd, so I have some reason to be here.  The Celtic players seem to be real decent guys, I like the Boston area and because I'm 59 yrs. old I want to root for the old farts.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Didn't they say the same thing in Cleveland last year about Mike Brown? Winning games 2 years in a row, and he gets the ax?  Means it could happen to anyone..........and if Jackson wants to coach the Heat next year, "Spo" is out!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

i dont know but i dont think cleveland's club president is a hall of famer who holds a tremendous amount of clout around the NBA the way riley does

and are you talking about phil jackson? because if you are...you are delusional...the heat would have no interest in bringing him in

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from habssuck09. Show habssuck09's posts

I hope the CAVS make the playoffs, so all the people who were saying  Prince James didn't have the supporting cast to win can shove it Jordan would of won with that team but Prince James will never be Jordan or close to it he is a sell out punk b&%ch

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Thank you, Boston! : This is pointless.  Since you contradict and belittle everything I write, and I think you are a coward for hiding after the Celtics beat the Heat, why can't we just agree to not respond to each other?  It only gets nasty and unnecessary.  You think I am a snotty individual, and I think you are a coward for not showing your face the day after the Celtics beat the Heat. You think I am a "sore winner", and I say how do you know since you didn't have the guts to come on here the day after you lost? I'll agree to not respond to you ever again, if you do likewise!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

i dont contradict and belittle everything you write, i do however think that miami bringing in phil jackson is an absurd idea

see...riley and jackson dont really like each other...its been that way for a long time since the days of the bulls-knicks rivalry

and actually...i do enjoy reading your thoughts on the celtics...you are an informed poster and know your team...but your thoughts on the heat are generally other-worldly and being that they are my team...ill call anyone out who doesnt get their facts straight(thats just the way i am)

if you want to ignore me, then thats your right and i encourage you to do so but i ask that you not be so sensitive, again...its just the internet man, not life or death...and good luck

Sections
Shortcuts