Thank you Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Thank you Celtics

First let me say thank you to the big three, Kevin, Paul, and Ray. I have not enjoyed basketball more than during the last four years. The personalities, emotion, grit, and championship credentials have made this more fun for me than even the Bird Era. You guys have been a credit to your profession.

Every season has been inspirational. The first season was awe inspiring. Going from worst to first. The establishment of the Celtics as a defensive juggernaut, with team first pick-your poison offenses were the keys, but the determination, personalities, and Laker show down was the best. When they won and KG asked Russell if he was proud of the team, was a special moment.

The other years were also inspirational. Injuries and grit made the Celtics appear to be larger than life, taking on all comers against all odds to win. They may have lost, but they were never defeated.

Doc says that he will be back, and that means the big three will be back to charge up the hill one more time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schleprechaun. Show Schleprechaun's posts

Re: Thank you Celtics

nice post. It sucks to lose, but the past four years have been a lot more fun that the previous decade or two.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Some times it is important to take stock of what has happened, and put it into perspective.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Winning a championship is damned hard.  This Celtic team accomplished a great feat.  Two of my greatest sports memories ever are games four and six of the 2008 championship series.  Thanks, Celtics, for some great times. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

The last four years have been like a breath of fresh air, Gary at 68 and Mary at 66 see no reason why Danny can not come up with a very good team next year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Great OP.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

M&G it could happen, Danny is a gambler. Sometimes he wins, sometimes he loses. I do have to thank him for the ride.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Thanks Fivekatz.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

It took 22 years for the Celtics to matter again. Good job guys!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Man, the season is over.  We have had FOUR great years.

Remember after NOT winning a road game and being taken to 7 games against Atlanta and then Cleveland, we eventually got to the Finals.  Then Ray drove the lane right around Sasha for the win in LA after coming back from a 20-plus point deficit.  That was after E House hit the corner jumper.  Then we went back to Boston and Tony Allen put the exclamation point on banner #17 with a nasty rim shattering dunk.  World Champions.  As best said by Kevin Maurice Garnett, "anything's possible".

Remember the next year with KG sidelined due to injury, we had that epic 7 game 1st round series with Chicago in which Ray erupted for FIFTY-ONE and hitting a clutch 3-pointer over Noah's outstretched hand.  Then in Orlando, Big Baby hits the game winner and the little fat kid got grazed and Baby was called an out of control thug.  Although we fell short in 7 games against Orlando, it was a great season.

Then last year, in the 2nd round with the series tied 2 -2 we go back to Cleveland and DESTROY Lebron and Cleveland by 32.  We close them out the next game in Boston and hasten Lebron's departure.  Then Rondo's memorable hustle, dive, possess, get up and lay in against Orlando.  The Garden crowd went off!  Unfortunately, the injury bug hit us again in losing to the hated Lakers in the Finals in a hard-fought 7 game series.

We had a great four years.  Can't wait til next season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from santafesino. Show santafesino's posts

i agree. thank celtics. next year young people

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

agreed. loving the fact that i'm loving celtics basketball again. the 20-year drought was painful.

Sections
Shortcuts