THANK YOU DANNY AINGE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: THANK YOU DANNY AINGE

I don't get to see a ton of Celts games out here on the west coast but I watched today.

I was pretty shocked at how little impact Green and Krstic had on the game.  They were out there and didn't get a rebound, score, nor play defense.

They combined for 31 minutes, 6 points, and 3 rebounds.

That is terrible.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigJoedaddyBoston. Show BigJoedaddyBoston's posts

In Response to Re: THANK YOU DANNY AINGE:
    [QUOTE]Danny Ainge is officially an imbecile. took the most dominant defensive squad with best record in the East and turned it into a team that will not get past the second round of the playoffs. Totally insane. And spare me all the talk about how Jeff Green was the best player in the deal and that when you get the best player you make the best deal. Jeff Green is pathetic. He does nothing for this team. We lost our starting center and team chemistry for a weak wing player, a weak defensive center in Kristic, and we added Murphy who is uncoordinated and out of shape. What nonsense!!!! Fire this lunatic Ainge now!!!!
    Posted by bramrok[/QUOTE]

Agree!  Well said.   WHy do people think Jeff Green is the next Michael Jordan.  He is over-rated. Terrible trade! Disgusting!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KenDNP. Show KenDNP's posts

When KG was out in the 2009 playoffs, Kendrick Perkins was our DEFENSIVE ANCHOR..

Go watch the Bulls and Magic series we had in the '09 playoffs (and we almost pulled it off against the Magic) to refresh the minds of all you defenders of the TRADE THAT THREW IN THE TOWEL FOR '11.

All of you who ridicules the stats of Kendrick, please go play basketball yourself. it's not just plain stats that KP is measured, it's the intimidation he brings to opposing offensive players. he makes opposing players change shots.

Its not just his rebound stats, but also the body and agressiveness he puts out there in the paint which allows his teammmates to get the rebound.

KP gives one of the meanest picks among all Cs. and count the fear he strikes among opposing defensive players guarding allen, pierce and rondo.

ALL of these are GONE now. we have Jermaine Oneal and Shaq. Gawd bless us!

I want to p.u.k.e. Kendrick Perkins is no longer a Celtic.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from great-1957. Show great-1957's posts

Is it in your comprehension what the "we almost pulled it off against the Magic" statement mean? English 101 says it's a NO.

Kevin Garnett, our defensive anchor was out in the "09 playoffs, yet we got into a 3-2 lead against the Magic in the 2nd round.  we almost pulled it off (again Mr. Fiercest 34, that statement means "NO")

the point being, Mr. Fiercest34, is that it's a testament of how Perk did a gargantuam task of filling up and taking over the defensive anchor role.

Comprehension 101 says that the Celtics Defense will never be the same again without Perkins in the middle.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Is it in your comprehension what the "we almost pulled it off against the Magic" statement mean? English 101 says it's a NO. Kevin Garnett, our defensive anchor was out in the "09 playoffs, yet we got into a 3-2 lead against the Magic in the 2nd round.  we almost pulled it off (again Mr. Fiercest 34, that statement means "NO") the point being, Mr. Fiercest34, is that it's a testament of how Perk did a gargantuam task of filling up and taking over the defensive anchor role. Comprehension 101 says that the Celtics Defense will never be the same again without Perkins in the middle.
    Posted by great-1957[/QUOTE]

I had never really thought of this before.  We really did have an outstanding playoff season that year even without KG.   Perk was the difference.   Even though we didn't win,  I don't believe that anyone expected us to make it that far without KG. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

[QUOTE]I'm sorry I cannot buy that the trade has effected this team this much. It's disgusting that the stars, especially Rondo have packed it in since the trade. It's pathetic, if Rondo is hurt sit him Doc. These guys aren't playing with heart, not hustling, stupid decisions, over passing, timid on offense and being manhandled in the paint. If this team fizzles out in the playoffs, if I were Ainge Rondo would be the first to go. Someone needs to tell Jeff Green to start playing like a man and stop being a wallflower.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Amen...........that is it except for Jeff Green. He should be on the court and playing more. When they posted him up 4-4 from the foul line. The guy only took one shot. This one is on Doc. They looked like they didn't even want to play yesterday. This is on the Big Four not the trade.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ednr. Show ednr's posts

Very sad indeed. Why did they sign all these free agents last month & don't play them? What was the point in convincing Troy Murphy to come here? They said he would score, rebound...shoot threes! Can't do any of that from the bench. Green is a bust. He can't play defense...period. Krstic can't really do much. Terrible on defense. Doc has made poor decisions with all this also. He chose to go with Green & Krstic, and they just can't do it. Actually I'd take Nate Robinson at this point! They'll be lucky to make it past the first round.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

[QUOTE]Very sad indeed. Why did they sign all these free agents last month & don't play them? What was the point in convincing Troy Murphy to come here? They said he would score, rebound...shoot threes! Can't do any of that from the bench. Green is a bust. He can't play defense...period. Krstic can't really do much. Terrible on defense. Doc has made poor decisions with all this also. He chose to go with Green & Krstic, and they just can't do it. Actually I'd take Nate Robinson at this point! They'll be lucky to make it past the first round.
    Posted by ednr[/QUOTE]
    Both Krstic and Green are averaging 9 points a game with the Celtics since the trade. Who last year off our bench averaged that? Nate? Tony Allen? This is on the starters, not the bench. Post some facts before you write next time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ednr. Show ednr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THANK YOU DANNY AINGE : Both Krstic and Green are averaging 9 points a game with the Celtics since the trade. Who last year off our bench averaged that? Nate? Tony Allen? This is on the starters, not the bench. Post some facts before you write next time.
    Posted by terrrapin[/QUOTE]

From 1st to 3rd place in the East. How's them for facts terrapin! You can't play mid 30 year olds 30-35 minutes a game. Listen to Heinsohn on the broadcasts..."Tired legs" Points off the bench tells me nothing about defense. You must have missed yesterday's game. By the way Krstic has been starting most of the time he's been here...so your 9 points off the bench is blurred.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Now his punk a#$ won't come out his office and address the heat (not that Heat) that he put on his team. But let's not put all the blame on him....Doc  and the owners should have been defiant about letting Perk go. I think letting a Tony Allen go also hurts just as much.... especially for the few dollars he left for. If you want to dis-mantle a team call 1-800-DANNYIT!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THANK YOU DANNY AINGE : From 1st to 3rd place in the East. How's them for facts terrapin! You can't play mid 30 year olds 30-35 minutes a game. Listen to Heinsohn on the broadcasts..."Tired legs" Points off the bench tells me nothing about defense. You must have missed yesterday's game. By the way Krstic has been starting most of the time he's been here...so your 9 points off the bench is blurred.
    Posted by ednr[/QUOTE]
    Wow, big drop. What was the excuse last year for playing terrible down the stretch. Where was Perk then? You haven't the first clue about defense. When Rondo, Pierce and Allen  don't defend anybody on the perimeter, it makes it easy to drive and dish. See Derek Rose the other night. Our perimeter 3 defense has been terrible also. How about countering that with some facts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Everyone knew that the Big 3 were finally going to show their age, but Rondo playing like he's 36 is inexcusable. He should be making it easier on the Big 3 and infusing the team with energy, notmoping about and making their life more difficult!

This season was lost in the offseason. Doc asked for height and a strong bench but DA aquired an old, fragile bench which piled up so many injuries and DNP's that it put a lot of added pressure on the starting 5. 

I know DA tried to bring young legs in with the trade to inspire the Big 3 but he really underestimated the psychological aspect of trading Perk. On top of that, the trade put more stress on the starting line-up because the new pieces haven't had enough time to fit in and contribute. 

In short, DA tried to extend the championship window but he inadvertently closed the window and the team may never get back to the level they had in recent years.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THANK YOU DANNY AINGE : Wow, big drop. What was the excuse last year for playing terrible down the stretch. Where was Perk then? You haven't the first clue about defense. When Rondo, Pierce and Allen  don't defend anybody on the perimeter, it makes it easy to drive and dish. See Derek Rose the other night. Our perimeter 3 defense has been terrible also. How about countering that with some facts.

Perk, was there. kevin Garnett was on one leg. he is not this year. Paul Pierce had fluid leaking from his knee. His knee is fine this year. Doc rested them. That is why the slippage last year. 

This year, we traded for scoring off the bench. It worked out so well yesterday that our starters (who you blame)

were outscored by 3 points! You may have noticed we lost by more than three points. Enter the bench

Miami bench 32 points.

Celtics bench 12 points.

You are right Danny is genius. Krystic and Green dominated Miami's bench (which was supposed to be the worst in the league..)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from richieg300. Show richieg300's posts

Hi. I am a Celtic fan who lives in New York. When I first heard that the Celtics made the Perkins trade I immediately felt sick to my stomach. I cant believe that Ainge was stupid enough to do this. Kristic is one of the worst defensive centers in the league (and I am sure that OKC couldnt wait to unload him on someone; and did they find themselves a sucker). Jeff Green is no better; another poor defensive player. This trade has crushed this team, right in the middle of what was a great season, they had a legitiment chance to win it all. 
    And even if they didnt win it, after two years we would have at least had a good center and a good point guard to build around. Now we have nothing. Its back to the drawing board.  You cant win in the NBA without a good defensive center and rebounder. It may take years to find a replacement. What an awful trade. maybe it is time for Ainge to move on to somewhere else.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ednr. Show ednr's posts

Terrapin...you can't see the forest for the trees. And the trees are falling fast! One FACT you forget is that last year they also had Wallace!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I posted this in a similar thread, but since this thread is the biggest I'm copying it here:

The thing about Danny Ainge is he's a risk taker.  We all give him credit - rightfully - for bring RA and KG, but neither of those - especially the KG deal - were a sure thing.  If even a small detail was different, we probably would have not only NOT gotten those two but also lost Paul Pierce.  And Danny would have likely gotten fired because that's what teams in competitive minded cities like Boston do.  Even Ray was a gamble because he'd just had surgery on BOTH his ankles.  Same scenario if he didn't come back right away - especially if we'd gotten him but not KG.

Half our team - literally half our team - was injured at the time of the trade.  That includes 4 of the 5 players traded.  Currently, 3 of those 5 are still injured - Quis, Nate and Semih.  I initially hated the trade for emotional reasons, but once Green and Krstic got here I realized Danny was trying to pull a mini-version of what he did in '07.  We'll never know who it's "on" - if anyone - that this new lineup hasn't gelled the way it seemed to do that 1st week post-trade.

But that is what happens when you take risks.  When it falls into place, you change the course of history.  When it doesn't, well, you have what you have now.  But it is unfortunately the price you pay when you have a GM with the guts that was necessary to put us on the map and in some ways save our franchise in '07.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from richieg300. Show richieg300's posts

Although it may be true that Ainge is a risk taker; when he made the trade for Garnett he knew in advance that he was a great ball player, and when he made the trade for Ray Allen he knew that he was also a geat ball player.
    but Kristic and Jeff Green, come on. Is Danny that blind? Kristic has been around the league for quite a while now, and he wasnt good enough to start for OKC. What in the world did he expect to happen? That he would magically start playing great? He has a good attitude and tries hard, but he doesnt have the body, the speed, the quickness or anything to back that up with. Jeff Green was out of favor in OKC; they were looking to unload him as well. He was a defensive liability on that team; as evidenced by his +- record. This was just stupidity.

[QUOTE]I posted this in a similar thread, but since this thread is the biggest I'm copying it here: The thing about Danny Ainge is he's a risk taker.  We all give him credit - rightfully - for bring RA and KG, but neither of those - especially the KG deal - were a sure thing.  If even a small detail was different, we probably would have not only NOT gotten those two but also lost Paul Pierce.  And Danny would have likely gotten fired because that's what teams in competitive minded cities like Boston do.  Even Ray was a gamble because he'd just had surgery on BOTH his ankles.  Same scenario if he didn't come back right away - especially if we'd gotten him but not KG. Half our team - literally half our team - was injured at the time of the trade.  That includes 4 of the 5 players traded.  Currently, 3 of those 5 are still injured - Quis, Nate and Semih.  I initially hated the trade for emotional reasons, but once Green and Krstic got here I realized Danny was trying to pull a mini-version of what he did in '07.  We'll never know who it's "on" - if anyone - that this new lineup hasn't gelled the way it seemed to do that 1st week post-trade. But that is what happens when you take risks.  When it falls into place, you change the course of history.  When it doesn't, well, you have what you have now.  But it is unfortunately the price you pay when you have a GM with the guts that was necessary to put us on the map and in some ways save our franchise in '07.
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THANK YOU DANNY AINGE : Amen...........that is it except for Jeff Green. He should be on the court and playing more. When they posted him up 4-4 from the foul line. The guy only took one shot. This one is on Doc. They looked like they didn't even want to play yesterday. This is on the Big Four not the trade.

um, what? did you write something? a little distracted!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

I am not going to judge the Perkins trade until the season is over. DA knows a helluva lot more about basketball than anyone who posts here, and so I will defer to his judgment and let the results speak for themselves.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigJoedaddyBoston. Show BigJoedaddyBoston's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THANK YOU DANNY AINGE : Did the Celtics beat the Magic in 2009 when Perk was the anchor on defense?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

You are missing the point man.   No one is saying that Perk by himself alone is a Dwight Howard or KG.   What he is and was is an essential role player on this team and combined with a KG or IBAKA now for OKC a great duo for interior defense and the hustle play.  Coach Thibs called Perk and KG the best defensive duo.   No one is saying he is Jordan.  But to us, he was a very valuable part of our success.  Shaq if healthy could fill the perk role as we saw in the beginning of the year.  However, Shaq is 39 and it was foolish to put all our hope in a 39 year old and throw away Perk and Erden and ignore how why we lost in the finals last year.  Every time we were outrebounded we lost that game. DA knew that and suddenly forgets this.  He must have been hungover lusting after Jeff Green who is overrated.   Defense and rebounds wins champoinships not Jeff Green and his timid play and occassional good games.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

I thought everybody here loved the trade and Perk su cked Kristic was soooo much better than him and Jeff Green was our savior.... plus Shaq was gonna be younger and healthier and save our season..... what happened...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]I thought everybody here loved the trade and Perk su cked Kristic was soooo much better than him and Jeff Green was our savior.... plus Shaq was gonna be younger and healthier and save our season..... what happened...
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

HINDSIGHT happened.....

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.