1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Thank you KG and Pierce!

Forgive Fierce, he acts this way but its likely not his fault. Something to do with how he was raised,,, 

No respect, limited intelligence, a need to always be right even when hes obviously wrong, a deep desire to always get the last word and flood a thread with nonsensical posts.  Even more his need to make bold statements, which sadly contradict his other bold statements so he can refer to one of them later to prove he was right again... LOL

Now when a poster starts a thread to look back at KGs and PPs careers and acknowledge what theyve brought to the table and say thanks, this low life inserts his criticisms (mainly so he can be the center of attention which was surely lacking during his formative years) and destroys yet another thread.

Che, you were right... this guy is a FUNGUS!! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Richard1965. Show Richard1965's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Forgive Fierce, he acts this way but its likely not his fault. Something to do with how he was raised,,, 

No respect, limited intelligence, a need to always be right even when hes obviously wrong, a deep desire to always get the last word and flood a thread with nonsensical posts.  Even more his need to make bold statements, which sadly contradict his other bold statements so he can refer to one of them later to prove he was right again... LOL

Now when a poster starts a thread to look back at KGs and PPs careers and acknowledge what theyve brought to the table and say thanks, this low life inserts his criticisms (mainly so he can be the center of attention which was surely lacking during his formative years) and destroys yet another thread.

It's kinda like arguing with people at a funeral by coming out and saying, "Hey, that old man lying in the coffin owes me 20 bucks."  Maybe KG never provided the optimal Celtics experience for this guy.  Intangibles are hard to put in a stat sheet.  Maybe he should of been more of a me guy and carry the Celtics by scoring more points...who knows.  All I know is KG lead this team (not PP) with his leadership and defense.  Depending on how you are looking at this, maybe he shouldn't be talked about in the same breath as Bird, etc.  All I know is that KG was the Celtics inspirational force that helped them succeed for many years, and unfortunately, that time is over.  Lets not quibble over who is the best or whatever in Celtics history.  Lets remember KG for what he brought to this team...heart.  RIP Big Three.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Maybe FUNGUS should be talked about in the same breath with Bird, Russell, Couz, etc....

He's that knowledgeable... that dominant... that transcendent... that commanding... that pervasive a read.... for a freakin FUNGUS.

He nails it... everytime!!!

Pud

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Maybe FUNGUS should be talked about in the same breath with Bird, Russell, Couz, etc....

He's that knowledgeable... that dominant... that transcendent... that commanding... that pervasive a read.... for a freakin FUNGUS.

Pud

Pud is simply bringing it these days! No question. I'm starting to see a Rondo parallel in Fierce's singleminded refusal to bow @ the Temple KG. Our refusal to give the requisite love to Rondo is perhaps fueling this stand(last? no, who are we kidding...) There are many similarities between the two; massive talent, not particularly clutch, inappropriate behaviors that cause us to scratch our heads, championship pedigree ect...Where I start to differ is what appears to me to be is both effort and passion. Perhaps our preferences in personalities and how they are perceived to us as well as the possibility that our reading of them is faulty could be in play here. I am as guilty as anyone. We just know that, we like who we like and build our arguments accordingly to support our prejudices. And we try and chip away @ what we want or need to be the lesser ones. I guess its just who we are. It's like who was the best centerfielder in NYC in the 50's(Mays). We all win, but we all lose too. Some might even say that it's just Monkey Business...

P.S. Speaking of Mays-Our Cap'n was looking like Ol Say Hey in Shea stadium last night. Sad. @ minimun he should be thinking of  the 6th man...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:

Pud

Pud is simply bringing it these days! No question. I'm starting to see a Rondo parallel in Fierce's singleminded refusal to bow @ the Temple KG. Our refusal to give the requisite love to Rondo is perhaps fueling this stand(last? no, who are we kidding...) There are many similarities between the two; massive talent, not particularly clutch, inappropriate behaviors that cause us to scratch our heads, championship pedigree ect...Where I start to differ is what appears to me to be is both effort and passion. Perhaps our preferences in personalities and how they are perceived to us as well as the possibility that our reading of them is faulty could be in play here. I am as guilty as anyone. We just know that, we like who we like and build our arguments accordingly to support our prejudices. And we try and chip away @ what we want or need to be the lesser ones. I guess its just who we are. It's like who was the best centerfielder in NYC in the 50's(Mays). We all win, but we all lose too. Some might even say that it's just Monkey Business...

P.S. Speaking of Mays-Our Cap'n was looking like Ol Say Hey in Shea stadium last night. Sad. @ minimun he should be thinking of  the 6th man...

I can't think of Mays without thinking of Mantle, To this day i think he was the greatest talent to ever walk on a baseball field. Who else could hit them 500 ft. and yet be the fastest to first base in the game.  The combination of Mantle power and speed, will probably never be seen again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

I can't think of Mays without thinking of Mantle, To this day i think he was the greatest talent to ever walk on a baseball field. Who else could hit them 500 ft. and yet be the fastest to first base in the game.  The combination of Mantle power and speed, will probably never be seen again.

And probably playing the game hungover from the night before.

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Pud

That makes it even more amazing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

The Celtics are down to four players to build around:

Rondo

Sullinger

Jeff Green

Bradley

The rest of the roster needs to be replaced.

See you all on Draft Day.......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In response to Skins and Heart's comment:

Using that finals MVP logic Cedric Maxwells efforts ranks higher than those of Kevin McHale?

There is also the stupidity of Bill Russell winning the league MVP award a mere five times! Different discussion I guess with that one. 

Very good "Skins and Heart's", this Fierce guy is an idiot.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Karllost's comment:

Oh really?

You bash Doc Rivers every chance you get. That's almost everyday, including Sundays.

Are you having a hard time understanding plain English?

I said KG brought a lot to the Celtics and the Celtic fans. But saying that KG is on the same level with the likes of Bird, Russell, and even Tim Duncan, is simply not true.

What is wrong with speaking the truth?

Has KG won a Game 7 for the Celtics?

KG is not clutch and in two Game 7s, he failed to rise to the occasion.

Its not the truth, its your opinion.   KG came off a season of knee surgery and helped take this team to a game 7.  Bird lost his share of game 7's AND got swept by Milwaukee, on top of it.  Try not to rew2rite history.  Only the great Bill Russell had the kind of record that is unquestionable.   If KG had been with the C's in his prime with Paul and Ray around him in their prime (as Bird had in DJ, Danny, McHale, etc), he'd have more championships, too.   I love Bird and I love KG - why spend time trying to say KG failed because in the latter part of his career, with knee surgery and very little help from Danny - he could not deliver a second championship.   

Get a life man.  I, like others, want to thank KG for his great heart, he wonderful defense, his teaching of younger players, and his love for this franchise, and for Chamionship #17.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Jump-ball-overtime's comment:

After tonight, we are witnessing the end of an era. With that in mind, I want to thank both of you for a great run. I have not had so much fun watching the NBA since 1986.  The team play of the Celtics has been a joy to watch. KG, with out you, the team would just be another team. With you, the team has been a heroic icon. Win or lose, your play has always made Celtic efforts feel like the good would always triumph over evil, and the right would always prevail. Your drive during games felt like the Celtics were either Achilles defeating Hector,  or in defeat, your games felt like the Spartans against the Persians at Thermopylae. Win or lose, both of you have been epic. Piece, the great clutch shooter, and KG, the great all around player. It was a great combination that I will never forget.

Thank you

Agreed...the difference between Class and idiots...True Celtics fans appreciate great efforts...

We knew this day was coming...Only the Trolls and others refuse to recognized it...

or bail when the end comes....

KG will never make excuses about injuries...period..

should he limp around just to make drama???

Celtic GReatness...Can't wait for the next ride...and i don't think its that far off...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

He won nothing in Minnesota and was teamed with two HOF and was expected to win multiple titles. He wins one because of Bynums injury and you all think he was special? What did he do other than blow multiple 3-2 series leads?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to lakersavenger's comment:

He won nothing in Minnesota and was teamed with two HOF and was expected to win multiple titles. He wins one because of Bynums injury and you all think he was special? What did he do other than blow multiple 3-2 series leads?

The ole' Bynum injury excuse..............no Bynum injury = no Gasol.........

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to lakersavenger's comment:

By your rediculous logic, the Lakers won a championship ONLY because Perkins was injured.  With Perk in, we would have won another one against the Fakers.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:

"If Pierce won the finals MVP, it was because, KG allowed him to do so. Thank you KG."

That's what I mean when I say you love KG too much.

Seriously, that is so lame!

Sure KG led the Celts in scoring in the 2008 playoffs. But it was Pierce who led the Celts in scoring in the Finals of 2008.

You're really a bullsh!t artist. 

Bird is my favorite player of all time. The best clutch shooter of all time. As always, I never said he was better than Bird, but is is great player. It was NBA reference.com that listed KG as the best player in the NBA compared to similar players, not me. (read the post) It was Basketball referece that listed the other players lower not me. Bird is a top 5 player all time. KG is not.

I only saw Russel occationaly, and it was a different era, with different styles of play, different rules, and a different social environement. His wins are epic, and I am sure that he would be great today, but I don't know how that translates to today's game.

The Celtics crushed the lakers in 2008. The finals MVP in that contest could have been given to anyone because an MVP was probably irrelevant in 2008. The reason that you keep making the point about who was the MVP is because it is one of the few acholades of all the available acholades where your favorite player "Fierce" -Pierce can claim priority. I am not the one that is being silly here, you are. Both players are great. Pierce is a better clutch player that KG. KG is one of the best all around players and one of the best defensive players in NBA history. The two should also enter the Hall together.

Both guys should retire together and should be cherished by the Boston faithful instead of this crap that you keep spreading. If you truely loved KG, as you claim, then you response would have been less of a put down and more of a toast. This about you, picking fights, this is about you, having the last word, this is about you.

I give you the last word, because after today, I no longer feel the need to talk to anyone like you. Be well, and if you can't be well, see a Doctor.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Pud

I believe you're right about Mantle's potential. I read that Mantle was never the same after having stepped into a drain/sprinker system in Yankee stadium. Putting up better numbers than  the Duke even after that calamity is further testiment to his unbelievable promise. My father was born & raised in the Bronx and liked the Giants. He influenced me about Mays and his favorite player before Willie was Mel Ott(a decent HOFer, himself). Those were the days... 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Fierce, Atilla the Hun once said: It is not enough that, I suceed, everyone else must fail. Are you related?

Sections
Shortcuts