thanks, danny-and i'm not being sarcastic...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

thanks, danny-and i'm not being sarcastic...

i'm as frustrated as any of you with the way this team looks right now, and i've managed to spout off about it a time or two, but i'm going to do my best to treat the rest of the season as what it is-a series of basketball games-no more, no less.

i have thrown danny, doc, rondo, the big 3, perk and others under the bus at times, but i'm going to try and sit back and enjoy the ride the rest of the way-win or lose-because, win or lose, danny, doc and this team have given me a lot to enjoy these past 4 seasons. after wandering the proverbial desert for 20 or so years, the celtics finally became interesting and entertaining again. so, for that, i thank danny, doc and the rest. our 3-year window of opportunity has become four, and has yielded two finals appearances and one title. who knows what will happen this year or next. maybe nothing. but i'll be something worth watching.

so, while i will probably get frustrated again before this season is over, i do appreciate what the celtics have done the past four seasons. it got me back to watching celtics games and the NBA in general again. now, here's hoping they get healthy, get their **** together and take out a team or two in the playoffs!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lalakerman. Show lalakerman's posts

Re: thanks, danny-and i'm not being sarcastic...

Its gonna be a bumpy ride friend!! And its gonna end with a big semi (Lakers or Bulls) shreeding you to bits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

In Response to thanks, danny-and i'm not being sarcastic...:
    i'm as frustrated as any of you with the way this team looks right now, and i've managed to spout off about it a time or two, but i'm going to do my best to treat the rest of the season as what it is-a series of basketball games-no more, no less. i have thrown danny, doc, rondo, the big 3, perk and others under the bus at times, but i'm going to try and sit back and enjoy the ride the rest of the way-win or lose-because, win or lose, danny, doc and this team have given me a lot to enjoy these past 4 seasons. after wandering the proverbial desert for 20 or so years, the celtics finally became interesting and entertaining again. so, for that, i thank danny, doc and the rest. our 3-year window of opportunity has become four, and has yielded two finals appearances and one title. who knows what will happen this year or next. maybe nothing. but i'll be something worth watching. so, while i will probably get frustrated again before this season is over, i do appreciate what the celtics have done the past four seasons. it got me back to watching celtics games and the NBA in general again. now, here's hoping they get healthy, get their **** together and take out a team or two in the playoffs!
    Posted by kaktug

Good post, kaktug, shame we seemed to have a bit of a irritating fly in the room there.

Taking a step back, I think one of the things I'm so frustrated about is that we know this team is on its last lap and we so want them to go out in a stirring manner.  I'm under no illusions about our chances, as there are a real bunch of championship-worthy teams out there, but you just want to see Doc and the big 3 wrap up their Celts' legacies in a fitting way.  Banner 18 would clearly be an unbelievable achievement but we want the Celts to go into the play-offs purposefully and fighting like the battle-toughened vets we've known them to be.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lalakerman. Show lalakerman's posts

In Response to Re: thanks, danny-and i'm not being sarcastic...:
    This Celtic team already did something that NO OTHER NBA team has done in the history of the NBA. And that is beat the Lakers by 39 points in A FINALS GAME! Laker trolls and fans will make excuses but once you're in the Finals THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR LOSING BY 39 POINTS!
    Posted by Fiercest34

Keep living in the past buddy!! I guess i would too if my team has no shot to win anything this year or in the  future!!!   Good luck on that sinking ship Fiercest hahaha!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lalakerman. Show lalakerman's posts

No not when my Lakers got that sweet revenge last year!! Makes it a whole lot better.  Lakers 2010 champs!!!!!! hahahahah

I get the last laugh!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

No not when my Lakers got that sweet revenge last year!! Makes it a whole lot better.  Lakers 2010 champs!!!!!! hahahahah I get the last laugh!!
    Posted by lalakerman

Yeah but we didn't have Perk!  Oh wait, that must be why Danny traded Perk, the one element everyone from Doc Rivers on down said was the difference in Game 7,... jesus, I hate that trade.  It'll go down in history as Ainge's Folly.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

the celtics came very close last year. their approach this year has always been to use the lessons they learned last year to be even more successful this year. such as get bigger, get deeper, figure how to better use rondo's quirky skill set, etc. but all the injuries and comings and goings have made it more difficult to implement this chosen approach. i don't think they're overly concerned with chicago or miami or any of the others. they're more concerned with themselves. doc said he still thinks they can win it all this year. i think he means it. i agree with him. 

the naysayers here may be right. but for there to be this many, this loud, with this much yet to unfold is disappointing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bailey,
    I am usually with you. A lot has happened, watch the Association the third installment.  I am not privy to all that goes on but you can see the team was undercut by a freight train when the trade came down.

The idea that this was done during a championship run seems absolutely counter productive to achieving that goal.

We will see.  I put myself into the flexible mode when the trade was done, but I did not expect Shaq to not come back for two months.  I believe this was a crazy gamble taken by Ainge now. I hope it works out but don't really feel it is going that way right now.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

our chances have always been dicey. but fairly attractive nontheless. that hasn't necessarily changed in my book. not yet.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

the celtics came very close last year. their approach this year has always been to use the lessons they learned last year to be even more successful this year. such as get bigger, get deeper, figure how to better use rondo's quirky skill set, etc. but all the injuries and comings and goings have made it more difficult to implement this chosen approach. i don't think they're overly concerned with chicago or miami or any of the others. they're more concerned with themselves. doc said he still thinks they can win it all this year. i think he means it. i agree with him.  the naysayers here may be right. but for there to be this many, this loud, with this much yet to unfold is disappointing.

Posted by BaileyPowe

-

I'm not jokin' either when I say, "Ya can't look at much, can ya, Man."

The nay-sayers can't put their fingers on a single reason why the C's can't right their ship and make a great run towards the championship:  their panic is illogical at best, most likely delusional in reality.  Only one team can win it all, so the odds are against most teams which is why gamblers gamble.

"People don't do what they believe in, they just do what's most convenient, then they repent." words written by a great poet, who also said, and both apropos to the ever-present nay-sayers, "If you don't under-estimate me, I'll never under-estimate you."

The atmosphere on this board just goes to show that, "Everybody must get stoned."  No matter what you do. They will stone you.

According to the doomsday naysayers the Celtics are finished, their hopes dashed because of a little bump in the road, because of a slump which anyone and everyone could have predicted given all they have been through.  Scumbug and Crapoola: lawyers at large.

These EIO's bring this panicky crapolla here every season and get their panties all in a bunch with every loss, and if a slump occurs, OMG, the sky is falling!

And so the song remains the same:  "It was all so very painless when you went out to receive all that false instruction that you never could believe.  And now your heart is filled with gold as if it was a purse, but, oh, what kind of love is this, that goes from bad to worse."

Mark this date on the calender;  this is the date that the No Nothings abandoned ship. 

We know who you are, and we know where to find you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

word.

basment tapes or music from big pink?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

Blonde On Blonde

Knocked Out & Loaded (Brownsville Girl - w/Sam Shepared)

John Wesley Harding

Blonde On Blonde

Basement Tapes & Music From Big Pink (The Band w/Rick Danko)

Sections
Shortcuts