Thanks for quitting on us Doc and KG

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: Thanks for quitting on us Doc and KG

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

As for Ray Allen, I still see him as a turncoat trader. I ould care less if he won a title. The minute he had a chance to put down his gun, he went and picke up a gun with the enemy and fought us. Some look at it as a smart decision, I look at it as a punk decision.

Rondo's the reason RA left, so if you want to blame someone, blame Rondo.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

KG and Doc are two different stories. 

KG doesn't owe us anything, and besides, has reasonable trade value so if he is traded we get something in return. His contract is not crazy given his value and it's not long term. 

Doc on the other hand signed a huge contract and has acted like a fool since the season ended. Clearly if he did not have a non-compete on his contract he would have left already. When he signed this contract, he knew the writing on the wall with this team. His behavior is baffling.

These two situations are not remotely comparable. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I actually think they are both leaving one season too late. It's time to get serious about rebuilding the team. To do that...some pieces have to go away. I don't see Doc or KG as part of the rebuilding process. No one is a bigger fan of Paul Pierce than I am...but I hope Paul decides to retire.

After this season..I am even thinking you have to reconsider keeping Rondo. Ainge has been blowing up the team for years....perhaps it's time to go nuclear and just start from scratch. It's better than this slow, painful decline.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

As for Ray Allen, I still see him as a turncoat trader. I ould care less if he won a title. The minute he had a chance to put down his gun, he went and picke up a gun with the enemy and fought us. Some look at it as a smart decision, I look at it as a punk decision.

I love Ray Allen.  Model citizen who helped inthe community and was a hard working, hard practicing guy who played hurt and risked his health for us the year before.  So, Ray left because of Danny and Rondo.  I don't blame him.   Now Doc wants to fight to produce a winner and Danny wants to give up.  I'm with Doc - Danny needs to stay competitive by getring another player in FA, maybe trading Rondo, getting Sully back, using the draft choice wisely this time and not gambling, and competing.  Probably can't win a championship - but they'll get cap room next year and can start the rebuild later.   

I don't want to go back to being an irrelevant team, again.  I remember what it was like.  I also remember that teams like Charlotte, Minnesota, Atlanta, Phoenix, Sacramento, and others have all tried to build from the bottom and are terrible - most not even making the playoffs.   Teams like Miami, Nets, Lakers, Spurs, etc didn't build by going to the bottom or "blowing it up".  They kept their core and built through free agency and trades.   Danny needs to be more innovative and not take the easy way out.

I want a winner - not 5 to 10 years of losing.   I remember the last time and I had to hang my head in shame so many years.  I've LOVED the Celtics since the big 3 arrived.  Let's not go backwards.

Doc and KG don't give up - they want to WIN.....and so do I!!!!

6. This post has been removed.