Thanks for Trying

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Re: Thanks for Trying

Love? Who cares now?! He's not here and he would not have made a bit of difference towards the Celtics winning a championship...none!

Good luck to him in Cleveland...if they don't win it he'll be thinking about the west coast soon...can't trust these hyper coddled rich NBA stars.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to cshashaty's comment:

I think DA had a fine plan to get Kevin Love, but he didn't expect LeBron to go back to the Cavs nor the domino effect that followed. I feel he would have found a way to outbid the Bulls. Just no way to match the package that CLE offered. Wiggins allows Flip to save more face versus a bundle of first rounders. So I cant slam DA for trying. It just didnt work out.

June 17, 2008
    Boston 131
    L.A. Lakers 92

I feel the exact same way.

I'm certainly disappointed we didn't get Love and maybe try a quicker rebuild, but I'm also very content with what the team did this offseason outside of that. I love the draft and acquiring Zeller for nothing was nice as well.

Now, time to continue tanking, and get rid of the crappy contracts, develop the young talent and draft well and in 5-10 years we will be back

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

In response to cshashaty's comment:

I think DA had a fine plan to get Kevin Love, but he didn't expect LeBron to go back to the Cavs nor the domino effect that followed. I feel he would have found a way to outbid the Bulls. Just no way to match the package that CLE offered. Wiggins allows Flip to save more face versus a bundle of first rounders. So I cant slam DA for trying. It just didnt work out.

June 17, 2008
    Boston 131
    L.A. Lakers 92

I feel the exact same way.

I'm certainly disappointed we didn't get Love and maybe try a quicker rebuild, but I'm also very content with what the team did this offseason outside of that. I love the draft and acquiring Zeller for nothing was nice as well.

Now, time to continue tanking, and get rid of the crappy contracts, develop the young talent and draft well and in 5-10 years we will be back

THIS^

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

THIS^

come on, melly. 5-10? i had you penciled in for at least another 20 years of celtic bad road.

bp

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I honestly believe that Ainge will continue to shuffle the deck until it's time to play his hand.  By this, I expect that he'll continue to acquire short-term contracts and additional draft picks by moving his own players that don't fit the long term plan.  He'll ride out the next few seasons trying to develop the talent he has in order to maximize player value.  If he gets a top 3 pick in a loaded draft then it will help the rebuild.  Otherwise, he's going to have to take the long, slow path of drafting and developing until such time that he has enough young talent and expiring contracts to land a disgruntled All-Star or two.   

6. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts