Thanks Glen Davis Big Baby

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Thanks Glen Davis Big Baby

Thanks  for the many good games and I hate Doc was such a problem with you, you are a very good player and I wish you the best and hope you get a good contract.  A sign and trade could help the Celts.  We would be lucky to resign you at a modest salary.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

Re: Thanks Glen Davis Big Baby

Coaches tend to not always see eye to eye with immature players.
    Someone will overpay Baby and fortunately it won't be the C's.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

The fact that he's still called Big Baby after four seasons is hardly a ringing endorsement.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Thanks Glen Davis Big Baby:
    [QUOTE]Coaches tend to not always see eye to eye with immature players. Someone will overpay Baby and fortunately it won't be the C's.
    Posted by spewey[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't expect that Glen has a lot of offers from other teams.  Not sure what happened to him, but he was very ineffective towards the end of the season and during the playoffs.  Any team that was thinking of offering him a contract may be rethinking that decision. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Good sentiment, MarynGary.  I wish him the best.  There's little chance we get to sign him.

Unfortunately for him, he's not starter material for a team as good as the C's.  Unfortunately for the fans in Boston, our short memories and overly high expectations make us angry at him because of a poor last few weeks of the season and terrible playoffs.  We'll forget that he improved EVERY SINGLE YEAR.  We'll forget his grate bench play in the playoffs when KG was hurt or the next year in the Cleveland and Orlando series (where he guarded Howard when perk didn't and we DID NOT HAVE TO DOUBLE TEAM).  They'll forget he was a candidate for 6th man of the year until he fell off in the last 1/3 of the season.  

He will go to someone who will remember all that and pay him too much....more than we would.....and while he may not be worth the money - we'll see Ryan Gomes or Tony Allen - strong fight in the guy, brings a tough attitude to the team.  Meanwhile on the Celtics, we will have lost Tony Allen, Kendrick Perkins, and BBD......and we'll wonder why our defense is softer and softer and softer.

This guy is not my favorite player, but I give him respect and I'll miss him.  He gave us a lot more than Celtics fans will ever appreciate.  He'll likely be another in a long line of former Celtics who aren't the stars but who really help their teams flourish (Billups, Gomes, Allen, West (who we got back), Perk, Jefferson) many of which got young tutelage from Doc or KG and Ray.

The name "Baby Davis" is not indicative of how tough this guy is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I say go after Landry.  I wanted him  before this year, and after watching the playoffs, if we could get him on the cheap it would be great.   He is athletic, which we need, and works hard.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

[QUOTE]I won the bet thanks to Glen Davis.  HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]  sad

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thanks Glen Davis Big Baby :  sad
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

A little oversentimental for a player that dicked us over big time by punching his friend in the head the first week of the season and breaking his thumb.

Jeez who is the Big Baby here-Glen Davis or maryngary?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

[QUOTE]Good sentiment, MarynGary.  I wish him the best.  There's little chance we get to sign him. Unfortunately for him, he's not starter material for a team as good as the C's.  Unfortunately for the fans in Boston, our short memories and overly high expectations make us angry at him because of a poor last few weeks of the season and terrible playoffs.  We'll forget that he improved EVERY SINGLE YEAR.  We'll forget his grate bench play in the playoffs when KG was hurt or the next year in the Cleveland and Orlando series (where he guarded Howard when perk didn't and we DID NOT HAVE TO DOUBLE TEAM).  They'll forget he was a candidate for 6th man of the year until he fell off in the last 1/3 of the season.   He will go to someone who will remember all that and pay him too much....more than we would.....and while he may not be worth the money - we'll see Ryan Gomes or Tony Allen - strong fight in the guy, brings a tough attitude to the team.  Meanwhile on the Celtics, we will have lost Tony Allen, Kendrick Perkins, and BBD......and we'll wonder why our defense is softer and softer and softer. This guy is not my favorite player, but I give him respect and I'll miss him.  He gave us a lot more than Celtics fans will ever appreciate.  He'll likely be another in a long line of former Celtics who aren't the stars but who really help their teams flourish (Billups, Gomes, Allen, West (who we got back), Perk, Jefferson) many of which got young tutelage from Doc or KG and Ray. The name "Baby Davis" is not indicative of how tough this guy is.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Why are defense is softer and softer? Really? How about our offense with these guys. Are some of you people kidding me. Hey, that line-up of Tony Allen, Kendrick Perkins, BBD and Rondo looks like a power to me. I wish we would have kept them all because the opponents would have never scored. The problem is, we would not have either. Please get your heads out of the sand. The only player you mentioned that has left or we have released who has done anything is Jefferson and we had to make that trade for the Big 3. Billups was ages ago when we were terrible.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"A little oversentimental for a player that dicked us over big time by punching his friend in the head the first week of the season and breaking his thumb."

Ha yeah, not to mention came up small in the playoffs, partially due to an unfortunate and perpetual battle with weight problems and the unwillingness to come up with a post up game. Chucking up jump shots only gets you so far.

"I hate Doc was such a problem with you"

more like

"I hate you were such a problem for Doc"

Baby played his way off this team and I doubt we'll see him again. 

If you really want Baby to come back tell him to take a large slice of calorie-free humble pie and sign back on our team for a low salary in line with what he has earned of late. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thanks Glen Davis Big Baby : A little oversentimental for a player that dicked us over big time by punching his friend in the head the first week of the season and breaking his thumb. Jeez who is the Big Baby here-Glen Davis or maryngary?
    Posted by spewey[/QUOTE]

So.....tell me how BBD punching his friend (which I would have done as well had he swung at me!!!) affected our season at all?   We started off well that year and BBD played well when he got back and in fact, played great in the playoffs that year.     This is a completely irrelevant issue.

As for our offense, I continue to be AMAZED at how short the memories are on this board.  Before Perk came back, before Danny made the trades, before Green and Krstic, and WHILE SHAQ WAS OUT FOR A SIGNIFICANT PERIOD BEFORE THE ALLSTAR BREAK, our team had the number 1 FG percentage, 2nd in point spread, #1 in points allowed, and #2 in opponent field goal percentage.  So, with KG, Rondo, Ray, Paul, and BBD as our starting 5, we had an offense that was JUST FINE.  I'm not arguing BBD should start.....I'm just noting how as 6th man he had to step in for the old guy at center and we did just fine.   

BBD is not a problem for us.  he had a bad playoffs, but our problem didn't stem from BBD as much as it did getting Sasha, Arroyo, Murphy, Krstic, and Green all in at the same time and none of the knowing the offense/defense.  Restated:  NO bench (and yes, BBD was a PART of that but at least he's shown over the last 2.5 years that he can step up!).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

SheperdCall......

Very good points.  If you're correct, Danny is being smart to drive down the cost.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

time to take out the garbage and clean the garage:

1)Murphy-worst Celtic in history
    2) Big Baby Davis- had his moments but he is done folks
    3)Arroyo- really helped with Miami LoL!
    4)Pavlovich- not much there

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]time to take out the garbage and clean the garage: 1)Murphy-worst Celtic in history 2) Big Baby Davis- had his moments but he is done folks 3)Arroyo- really helped with Miami LoL! 4)Pavlovich- not much there
    Posted by bramrok[/QUOTE]

Worst Celtic in history?  No way.

Thomas hamilton.  that dude was so fat he had more chins than a Chinese phone book.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Murphy is not the worst Celtic in history because he's not really a Celtic.  he was a rental for a couple of months.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]I say go after Landry.  I wanted him  before this year, and after watching the playoffs, if we could get him on the cheap it would be great.   He is athletic, which we need, and works hard.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]+

geez. the landry that i saw in the playoffs did not really knock 'em dead so much.  he did okay.  but i wouldn't say he did great.  it was his time to shine and i'd say he did maybe 6.5 out of a scale of 10 toward doing that.

i'd say glen davis did a 2 out of 10 on that scale too.

i love davis as a player.  i think he was still injured with the knee tendonitis.

unfortunately, with five more years of doc shivers coming up, davis would probably rather poke his own eyes out a bit at a time than play for doc.  and i can't say i would blame him.  i despise doc rivers as a coach.  he was passable with other guys to carry the nut of the coaching work and now that the real coach left for chicago, doc was seen as the lousy coach that he is.  and no more clifford ray.  anothre classy move by the c's.

i'd still like to see davis back for another run.  he does a lot of things that are not easy to find.  yes, he's sshort and has limitions and no, you can't find anyone to push around big people like he does on defense.  the celts will really miss that.

and i am going to miss having a DIFFERENT head coach in boston.  i thought doc would surely move on and we'd have someone who can relate to young people and manage rotations.  i'm not sure if i'm going to be able to watch this next year. 

i already know what will happen.  ray allen 35.8 minutes a game.  rondo 50% FT's.  kg runs out of gas and pierce over-used.  all the while capable bench pieces never assimilated because doc is too busy winning us the 4 or 5 spot in the playoffs.  yawn.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thanks Glen Davis Big Baby : + geez. the landry that i saw in the playoffs did not really knock 'em dead so much.  he did okay.  but i wouldn't say he did great.  it was his time to shine and i'd say he did maybe 6.5 out of a scale of 10 toward doing that. i'd say glen davis did a 2 out of 10 on that scale too. i love davis as a player.  i think he was still injured with the knee tendonitis. unfortunately, with five more years of doc shivers coming up, davis would probably rather poke his own eyes out a bit at a time than play for doc.  and i can't say i would blame him.  i despise doc rivers as a coach.  he was passable with other guys to carry the nut of the coaching work and now that the real coach left for chicago, doc was seen as the lousy coach that he is.  and no more clifford ray.  anothre classy move by the c's. i'd still like to see davis back for another run.  he does a lot of things that are not easy to find.  yes, he's sshort and has limitions and no, you can't find anyone to push around big people like he does on defense.  the celts will really miss that. and i am going to miss having a DIFFERENT head coach in boston.  i thought doc would surely move on and we'd have someone who can relate to young people and manage rotations.  i'm not sure if i'm going to be able to watch this next year.  i already know what will happen.  ray allen 35.8 minutes a game.  rondo 50% FT's.  kg runs out of gas and pierce over-used.  all the while capable bench pieces never assimilated because doc is too busy winning us the 4 or 5 spot in the playoffs.  yawn.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Yeah.  Doc Rivers also makes Davis eat too many Twinkies.  Get some perspective man.  This post makes you sound like a little kid with a big baby T shirt.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]" A little oversentimental for a player that dicked us over big time by punching his friend in the head the first week of the season and breaking his thumb." Ha yeah, not to mention came up small in the playoffs, partially due to an unfortunate and perpetual battle with weight problems and the unwillingness to come up with a post up game. Chucking up jump shots only gets you so far. " I hate Doc was such a problem with you" more like "I hate you were such a problem for Doc" Baby played his way off this team and I doubt we'll see him again.  If you really want Baby to come back tell him to take a large slice of calorie-free humble pie and sign back on our team for a low salary in line with what he has earned of late.   
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Very good points ! 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thanks Glen Davis Big Baby : Yeah.  Doc Rivers also makes Davis eat too many Twinkies.  Get some perspective man.  This post makes you sound like a little kid with a big baby T shirt.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

who is bringing up twinkies and who is a little kid? 

what are my points that are ridiculous?  i think rivers did a horrendous job post- perkins trade and was the second sulkiest to rondo.  that's not professional.  by the time he realize perkies was gone and not coming back, he still hardly worked on any rotations. 

bozo: imagine wafer coming in and providing a boost for those times when ray allen went stone cold due to exhaustion?  i would have enjoyed that!  how many games did delooonte have 3 FGA's and 14 mins of playing time?  what about after rondo's wing was hanging by a loose tendon and rondo STILL gets played 388 or more minutes a night and gets 3 assists and 3 turnovers and delonte, showing signs that he is shooting very nicely, is not used enough? 

get the doc blithers colored sunglasses off.  doc has always hated davis.  doc relates to very few young people.  yet davis has time and again played his way into important rotations and done a lot of things for this team. 

for a player that has had weight problems, you can't just go from a conditioning routine to not being able to work out at all and then likely on a limited basis due to the patellar tendon issue- not just a hang nail you freak. 

did davis handle it perfectly with his diet?  i'm sure he could have done better, like most of us can do better at most that we do.  would it have cost ANY PLAYER a significant amount in terms of conditioning?  yes.  look at how shak blobbed out when he couldn't work out.  how about some fate hate on shak, or is your mind too weak to pick on a "legend" and just a guy who you hate for being "fat". 

get your "biggest loser" tv show t-shirt off and stop acting like the biggest loser.  this coach has some serious issues with roster playing time management, and he has also had some serious issues relating to davis, a likeable guy by every report i've ever heard about him.  it's more than obvious that davis has for years been doc's favorite hating object.

and RASHEED WALLLASSE did much worse than punching his buddy in self defense, sheeds showed up with double d-cups and collected a paycheck on us for a WHOLE 82 games before he started even trying, and then when he did, there was nothing left because his conditioning STILL STANK.  and people have the audacity to think glen davis is a bad professional player.  yes, he made a mistake.  and yes, others have made mistakes that were just as big if not bigger.

look no further than rondo's lazy asse non-development of his shot if you want a BIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGG mistake that haunts this team every playoff series.  pick on that guy who shot FIFFFFFFY PERCENT from the stripe nearly the whole year long, a career low and he's a five year veteran!!  madgin that!  but all you can do is throw rocks at glen davis, who gave 100% all the time, not 100% on just what he chose to excel at.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Celts should not sign ANYONE, including Baby to anything more than a one year contract. Save the cap space!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thanks Glen Davis Big Baby : who is bringing up twinkies and who is a little kid?  what are my points that are ridiculous?  i think rivers did a horrendous job post- perkins trade and was the second sulkiest to rondo.  that's not professional.  by the time he realize perkies was gone and not coming back, he still hardly worked on any rotations.  bozo: imagine wafer coming in and providing a boost for those times when ray allen went stone cold due to exhaustion?  i would have enjoyed that!  how many games did delooonte have 3 FGA's and 14 mins of playing time?  what about after rondo's wing was hanging by a loose tendon and rondo STILL gets played 388 or more minutes a night and gets 3 assists and 3 turnovers and delonte, showing signs that he is shooting very nicely, is not used enough?  get the doc blithers colored sunglasses off.  doc has always hated davis.  doc relates to very few young people.  yet davis has time and again played his way into important rotations and done a lot of things for this team.  for a player that has had weight problems, you can't just go from a conditioning routine to not being able to work out at all and then likely on a limited basis due to the patellar tendon issue- not just a hang nail you freak.  did davis handle it perfectly with his diet?  i'm sure he could have done better, like most of us can do better at most that we do.  would it have cost ANY PLAYER a significant amount in terms of conditioning?  yes.  look at how shak blobbed out when he couldn't work out.  how about some fate hate on shak, or is your mind too weak to pick on a "legend" and just a guy who you hate for being "fat".  get your "biggest loser" tv show t-shirt off and stop acting like the biggest loser.  this coach has some serious issues with roster playing time management, and he has also had some serious issues relating to davis, a likeable guy by every report i've ever heard about him.  it's more than obvious that davis has for years been doc's favorite hating object. and RASHEED WALLLASSE did much worse than punching his buddy in self defense, sheeds showed up with double d-cups and collected a paycheck on us for a WHOLE 82 games before he started even trying, and then when he did, there was nothing left because his conditioning STILL STANK.  and people have the audacity to think glen davis is a bad professional player.  yes, he made a mistake.  and yes, others have made mistakes that were just as big if not bigger. look no further than rondo's lazy asse non-development of his shot if you want a BIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGG mistake that haunts this team every playoff series.  pick on that guy who shot FIFFFFFFY PERCENT from the stripe nearly the whole year long, a career low and he's a five year veteran!!  madgin that!  but all you can do is throw rocks at glen davis, who gave 100% all the time, not 100% on just what he chose to excel at.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

This post isn't about Rondo.  It's about Davis.  The fact that you wrote another 5 paragraphs about how Doc river's "hates" Davis and how Rondo ruined everything once again shows that you have no ability to be reasonable in this matter.  It is also probable that you not only have a t-shirt but a poster as well. Especially since you totally flipped out and  called me a freak, a bozo and a loser.  Dude I am seriously sorry if I made you cry.  It's okay.  It really is.

Like I said.  Get some perspective and stop making excuses for your favorite player and blaming everyone else. Davis has an okay game except for the fact that he can't rebound.  He isn't special.  Just because you adore him doesn't make it any different for the rest of us.  

I will say thanks  to Davis though.  It was fun watching him while he was here.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Hopefully big baby will get signed to a lucrative deal. Then he can go buy a treadmill and get on the Jenny Craig diet.  Laughing

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Snakeoil,

Acie is generally a pretty good guy and often has good posts except when it comes to Doc.  he simply hates Doc and I think he admits that.  Nearly everything  that is bad about the C's is Doc's fault while anything that is good is "despite Doc" in his mind.  When the topic turns to Doc, he gets so angry he starts throwing darts in all directions and becomes "angry" at too many people (thus the tirade above).

Acie - you have to at least consider the "possibility" that you could be too hard on Doc.  Maybe, just maybe the world isn't wrong about him being a great coach and you are overstating your case.    Just because you disagree with his coaching decisions doesn't make you right and him wrong!   

BBD is one of my favorite players and I think he's benefitted significantly from Doc's being hard on him.   Doc is honest with BBD and over time, BBD has gotten better because he wasn't coddled and expectations for him were high.  Doc has admitted that he likes BBD but he knows BBD is tired of Doc riding him and may want out. 

IMO, BBD is better than folks on this Board think and we'll find after he leaves that his defense and hustle and ability to stand in for multiple positions will be missed.  

Sections
Shortcuts