Thanks Glen Davis Big Baby

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Thanks Glen Davis Big Baby

In Response to Re: Thanks Glen Davis Big Baby:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thanks Glen Davis Big Baby : nummnuts, celtsfan4life brought that point up, not me.  nothing about doc ruining davis.  the comment was all about doc being too loyal to davis via continuing to play him when there was obviously something awry.  my comment was that my perception was doc was afraid to blow up jerlame's minutes by giving him more time and obviously doc ignored krstic and murphy nearly totally in the playoffs. and i therefore agreed with celtsfan4life that maybe the c's should have looked elsewhere after it was apparent that davis was stinko and totally off his game.  but a nice(?) yet sloppy try to stuff words in my mouth.  next time maybe a little more creativity in your contrivedness might bring you further. 
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

I stopped reading at nummnuts.  Seriously man.  Try making your points without acting like a petulant child.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Let's be clear.  I did not say Doc was hurting BBD's career by playing him too much.  Acie - I was challenging your notion that Doc did not stick by BBD and that Doc was hurting BBD.  I was clear in stating that its the opposite - Doc stuck by him longer than we'd all like and supported BBD more than we'd like.   To be clear, I like BBD.  I hope we keep him (at a reasonable price).  But, I don't think Doc hurt him AT ALL.  I think he's what he is because Doc developed him AND Doc stuck by him by playing him.  BBD himself made the mistake of focusing too much on his offense....forgetting that his value is in defense and rebounding and hustle.  Yes, he can add offense when he's on.....BUT HE CANNOT BECOME THE GUY WHO TRIES TO SHOOT TOO MANY JUMPERS AND POST UP TOO MANY PEOPLE!!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I like BBD as well.   As i have said on other threads he works hard on D, hustles, has a nice little jumper and is a garbage man on the offensive boards. He has been a total steal for a second rounder.  His only real negatives are that he falls in love with his jumper too much and can't board well at all.

The amazing thing is that the only thing I have commented on this whole thread has been Acie blaming Rivers for the way Davis has played.  Acie has come back again and again at me and hasn't even realized that I am not disparaging Davis.  I fact I am poking fun at Acie's need to blame Rivers for Davis not progressing as a player. And of course I also commetned that Acie wears a BBD t-shirt to bed.  Which is becoming more and more obviously true by the day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from upforglory. Show upforglory's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thanks Glen Davis Big Baby : I wouldn't expect that Glen has a lot of offers from other teams.  Not sure what happened to him, but he was very ineffective towards the end of the season and during the playoffs.  Any team that was thinking of offering him a contract may be rethinking that decision. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

I think Davis has had two concussions (oe last year and one this year), both in games against the Magic. In the game where Daniels hurt his spine in February, Davis hit the floor hard with his head, and although he came back quickly, I dont think he has been the same since.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Other than taking charges I can't think of any one thing the Big Baby does really well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

I don't think Glen is a starter for the Celts as long as we have KG, but I hear the Celtics have a fifty fifty chance of getting him back for around 4 million.