Thanks Paul - This Play Made My Day!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Thanks Paul - This Play Made My Day!

Paul Pierce commits the preseason hard foul against LeBron James (VIDEO)

Oct 18, 2013, 12:29 AM EDT

In case you were wondering if the Nets, now with Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett in the fold, would be taking on any portion of the Celtics’ past rivalry with the Miami Heat, we saw in Thursday’s preseason game in Brooklyn that the answer was a resounding “yes.”

In addition to the Nets making sure to come away with the 86-62 victory, Pierce let it be known early on that even though it was only the preseason, nothing would come easy for LeBron James if he had anything to say about it.

Midway through the first quarter, with LeBron getting out on a fast break, Pierce was back, and essentially made sure to body check James in the open floor before he could make his move to the basket.

It wasn’t a flagrant foul, and it wasn’t a dirty play. And sure, Pierce easily could have tried to legitimately defend the play, or half-heartedly reached in for the steal as LeBron drove around him and to the basket for an easy two points.

Instead, Pierce sent a message, however small, that there will be nothing easy against his new team — even in a meaningless preseason contest.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Thanks Paul - This Play Made My Day!

Le-Queen did not need to flop/act on that play! Love it Paul!!!! 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

For the record, if the Heat don't suffer any significant injuries until the Finals in June 2014, they will another championship.

But I don't think Wade's knee will hold up.

I think injuries will be the reason the Heat will not 3-peat and it will be a Nets vs. Clippers Finals.

[/QUOTE]

It will not be the Nets and the Clippers in the Finals.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

Baby rockets and Netics head to head

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

My only reason for choosing the Clips over the Rockets is because of CP3.

CP3 is more clutch than Harden.

yes it is, but remember how howard brought the magic all by himself last 2009 nba finals.

Dwight is a immovable force, he could easily crash DJ down at the paint.

Cp3 vs D12, its either way imo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Good to see PP get physical with Lebron... really didnt matter if PP tried to defend Lebron, in the open floor Lebron will get the call anyway...even when he uses his patened bull rush charge..he gets the call

So I thought the way Pierce fouled him was clever..sent a message, wasnt flagrant and put him on the line instead of an easy 2..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fierce - Doc played CP3 42-mins last night in a meaningless exhibition game. One of CP3's knees is not fully healthy, i.e. bone on bone condition. 

The mixture of Doc playing his starters heavy minutes and CP3's ongoing health issue will likely not produce a happy ending in Clips land this season or next!

We do agree on this - the Clips will go as far as CP3 takes them!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

yes it is, but remember how howard brought the magic all by himself last 2009 nba finals.

Dwight is a immovable force, he could easily crash DJ down at the paint.

Cp3 vs D12, its either way imo

[/QUOTE]

I am with you on the Rockets! Rockets versus Heat! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Good to see PP get physical with Lebron... really didnt matter if PP tried to defend Lebron, in the open floor Lebron will get the call anyway...even when he uses his patened bull rush charge..he gets the call

So I thought the way Pierce fouled him was clever..sent a message, wasnt flagrant and put him on the line instead of an easy 2..

These players do not like each other at all! Goes back to Pierce spitting towards the Cavs bench during an exhibition game in 2004! Bad Blood! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In that 2004 preseason game at Ohio State, Pierce scored twice in a row on James during the third quarter. On the second hoop, he used a crossover dribble to shake James on the way to the basket and let everyone know he’d just beaten the young kid. James answered with a jumper and then picked Pierce’s pocket and ran to the other end for a dunk. 

Soon after the two got into each other’s faces and were hit with technical fouls. Then Pierce spit toward the Cavs’ bench, for which he was later fined $15,000. But that’s not where the fight almost happened; it was in the dressing room area after the game. The team locker rooms were next to each other and the tempers flared again in the hallway. Pierce’s teammates had to literally carry him away to prevent an altercation. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fierce - Doc played CP3 42-mins last night in a meaningless exhibition game. One of CP3's knees is not fully healthy, i.e. bone on bone condition. 

The mixture of Doc playing his starters heavy minutes and CP3's ongoing health issue will likely not produce a happy ending in Clips land this season or next!

[/QUOTE]

42 mins, is that true?

Same old dopey Doc..  Im glad people are finally realizing what a bone head this guy is

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

42 mins, is that true?

Same old dopey Doc..  Im glad people are finally realizing what a bone head this guy is

[/QUOTE]

Box score from last night: 

Chris Paulg 42:07 13-21 2-5 12-13 0 7 7 11 5 0 0 4 23 40

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Doc - why play CP3 42-mins in a meaningless exhibition game?

I've stated my reasons several times why I wouldn't do the Rajon Rondo/Chris Paul trade, but the scariest part of the trade would be if the Celtics re-signed Paul for $100 million over 5 years and he ceased being a top point guard. The reality is this is very possible. In case you're curious about Chris Paul's knee, here's a synopsis from last year via NOLA.com

Paul underwent surgery on the knee in early February. Noted orthopedist Dr. James Andrews, unable to sew the damaged piece of cartilage, cut it away instead, one of the primary reasons Paul played in just 45 games last season, and New Orleans found itself in the draft lottery instead of the playoffs.

Paul returned at the end of last season after rehabbing the knee, perhaps unwisely, which led to an offseason of further rehabilitation to get the knee as close to 100 percent as possible.

With Paul wearing a knee brace from the outset of training camp this season, speculation grew about the condition of his knee, fueling bizarre rumors about his health, whether there was any cartilage remaining in the joint, even if it would be necessary to go into the knee again perhaps once this season has ended.

Knees have two meniscus cartilages between the femur and the tibia bones, which provide a cushion so the bones do not grind together.

Because Paul’s torn meniscus could not be repaired by knitting it back together and the tear was sliced away, there’s the prospect of less cushioning cartilage between the bones, making it possible for some bone-on-bone wear and tear in the knee.

Portland’s Brandon Roy recently underwent surgery on both knees because of that issue. Microfracture surgery is sometimes an option for athletes who’ve had cartilage removal

So even if I wasn't a huge Rondo fan, this is why I don't want to make the trade. I don't want to be paying the name Chris Paul 100 million, but getting the game of Mike Bibby. Portland made this mistake. Minnesota previously made the same mistake with Wally Szczerbiak (and then Danny made it as well trading for him). The Kings made the mistake with Chris Webber (and then the Sixers trading for him). T-Mac is a shell of his former self. So is Jermaine O'Neal.

When a basketball player's knees go it's like Cinderella midnight time. Chris Paul will be playing with bone on bone knees before it's all said and done. Danny needs to get over this obsession. If you hate Rondo and want to move him, trade him to the Magic for Dwight Howard. But I'm not cool with the idea of Rondo averaging 20 and 15 on another team while getting paid $11 million a year, while we're stuck with damaged goods hogging up our cap making $20 mil a year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Doc is the bigger story here imo..

After reading what you posted about CP's knee and removed cartilage...Doc plays him 42 minutes in an exhibition game...

Just imagine CP coming up limp in the 4th quarter.. it would rival how Rex Ryan did in Mark Sanchez in the preseason this year, only Sanchez is garbage and CP is the franchise.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

It's preseason.  What Pierce did was uncalled for. He could have hurt Lebron.  The only thing it did was show he doesn't have much class.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to darkman20's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's preseason.  What Pierce did was uncalled for. He could have hurt Lebron.  The only thing it did was show he doesn't have much class.

[/QUOTE]

lol.... wrong answer. Try again. Paul epitomises class in the NBA. Lebrat is the one with no class. Could have hurt a guy bigger/younger then him, who also had a full head of steam? Hardly.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BongPapa. Show BongPapa's posts

Good luck to PP!

Sections
Shortcuts