The 2004 Pistons' Blueprint

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Re: The 2004 Pistons' Blueprint

In response to "The 2004 Pistons' Blueprint":
    The Pistons won a championship with this: C - Ben Wallace PF - Rasheed Wallace SF - Prince SG - Rip Hamilton PG - Billups *Sheed was acquired at the trade deadline. We can do the same by doing this: C - KG PF - P. Gasol SF - Pierce SG - Pietrus PG - Mo Williams The starting 5 don't look so old anymore and we still have Bass and Wilcox coming off the bench. Posted by Fiercest34
    Its funny u mentioned that pistons team. I was trying to think of another time a team essentially rebuilt itself on the fly and won a championship, and that was the only team I could think of. In a way the lakers did it too, but it took them an offseason and another complete season together after getting gasol to win.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Very good analogy... They were a good defensive team with a defensive minded coach. Hopefully, the C's get Gasol and he can be there Sheed

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'd tinker with that a bit more

KG, Gasol and Johnson makes 1 of Wilcox/Bass expendable

team needs an athletic wing

and we know that LA really isn't going to swap Gasol for RR and JO

The Celtics can have Gasol, Pierce and another 5 million in contracts next season and offer a max contract to Williams

Mo Will's 8.5m doesn't fit

If you trade Rondo for Gasol I'd rather trade Ray for more of a pure PG with an expiring contract or one under 4 million combined with an expiring contract

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Unfortunately we are already that team(one and done). Hopefully we will not drop as low as they have

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

In Response to Re: The 2004 Pistons' Blueprint:
    Unfortunately we are already that team(one and done). Hopefully we will not drop as low as they have
    Posted by tomobo

We won't if we can draft or sign a super star talent. If not we're in trouble!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: The 2004 Pistons' Blueprint : It's about the needs of the other team. The Clips are in desperate need of a SG after Billups went down and JR Smith chose NY. Mo Williams played well for the Cavs in the playoffs back in 2009 and 2010.  Even if we have Pierce, Gasol, and Mo Williams on the roster we can still sign Jeff Green for 5-7m per year in the offseason. And you're right, if we have KG and Gasol, Bass or Wilcox is expendable.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Mo Williams is a good shooter and barely passable point guard. He would have to play major minutes with this team.  You would have to have someone else.

Dooling has looked awful and of course that is if he is healthy enough to get on the court.  Rameakap is right in that we need to get someone at the point guard position who can play minutes to go with Mo Williams. If you watched the Cavs over the years you know Mo can't log heavy minutes.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

It wasn't a blueprint, it was an exception. They could never get another ring and no one else has been able to pull that off since so it's clealry not a bluerpint. Only injuries to key players on the Lakers and internal fracture on that team made it possible anyhow. 

It was the only team since the 70s to win without a bonafide superstar. 

On the other hand, if Lebron and Derrick Rose suffere season ending injuries, you can repost this.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

It wasn't a blueprint, it was an exception. They could never get another ring and no one else has been able to pull that off since so it's clealry not a bluerpint. Only injuries to key players on the Lakers and internal fracture on that team made it possible anyhow.  It was the only team since the 70s to win without a bonafide superstar.  On the other hand, if Lebron and Derrick Rose suffere season ending injuries, you can repost this.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

You are exactly right!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I honestly, and don’t want to be the prophet of doom, see us going beyond the 1st round in the playoffs even if we make a trade.  And, if it is any consolation, neither will the hated Lakers.  If we could combine our 2 teams…YES !!! (HA!) LA needs a PG and we need a Center.  LA with just Bynum , Gasol and Kobe(Fisher & Artest past their prime & others are mediocre) can win some games but as Bynum & Gasol can relieve eachother and also play together, they are the 2 best combined big men I think since McHale & Parish.  But unless Kobe can score 30+, they are vulnerable.

We, on the other hand, don’t have a Bynum & Gasol.  KG is a Power Forward so we have no one to complete like they do for rebounds. But the rest of our players combined, although not one of them is as good as Kobe and that includes Pierce, Allen & KG, are better so we have a better shooting team but live or die basically with a few exceptions of driving to the basket with Rondo, Pierce or Allen on the jump shot. If we shoot 50% we can win but if not, losing the battle of rebounds we lose.

So, I don’t think LA trading Gasol & getting a PG will win them a championship this year as Bynum, injury prone, has no backup. We could trade Pierce but he broke Bird’s scoring record to be 2nd highest scorer in Cs history so should retire a Celtic and I don’t really know who would want him. I would trade Ray Allen if it would get us Gortat or Kaman & toss in willingly JO and a draft pick and others too but I still don’t think we’d win a championship this year with one of those Biggies. I do like a Allen for Mo Williams trade although doesn't address our need for a center.

Rondo for Nash/Gortat or Gasol & we get a PG elsewhere I don’t think still would make us a championship team. Keeping Rondo & having Gasol or DH to whom to toss the ball too would be a different story but no trade is possible to do this. I believe Jeff Green’s return next year will help tremendously.  So, I am almost in favor of standing pat and in the off season part with all or some of the BIG 3 & rebuilt.  And I’m a septuagenarian who knows how much more time I have to be patient for another banner. It’s really too bad we didn’t beat the Lakers in game 7 a few years back because the BIG 3 ain’t gonna do it again and that loss hurts as much as the Red Sox collapse last year & the Patriots losing to the Giants in the Super Bowl.  OK, I’ve rambled on enough…..

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: The 2004 Pistons' Blueprint : 3 of the top 5 east Centers, Bogut, Horford, and Varejao are already out indefinitely. A season with a schedule like this, anything's possible come playoff time. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

hmmmm... Chandler, Lopez, Howard, Bargnani, Noah, McGee, and ummmm  Hibbert.... exactly 3 of the top 5 centers are out indefinitely......... do you even watch games? 

Sections
Shortcuts