Re: The Amazing Kobe...

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

In response to shonasty's comment:

In response to 003323344's comment:

if it was severley sprained he would barely be able to walk on it. just more drama from wheelchair bryant.

ROFLMAO

Mark Medina ‏@MarkG_Medina 
    Kobe Bryant on ankle: "It was really stiff. It continued to swell. I couldn't put any weight on it so I had to call it a night."

You are truly an idiot of epic proportions with no knowledge of what you try to speak about. The Celtics and Lakers have a rivalry, and some trash talk is fine, but you, just blabber disrespectful trash, you lie, you are pettiness personified. Kobe has always gone above and beyond, playing injured when few others would, and downplaying it the whole time. 

If someone injurred one of your all time greats the way Kobe's injury went down, the squealing, whining, and crying around these parts would be non stop. And your little mealy mouth would be the loudest. You are an embarassment to Celtics fans. 

Greatness is greatness, no matter the uniform. You would never catch me talking with disrespect toward a guy like Garnett, or Bird, or any other great player. I would gladly tell any Lakers fan he is a piece of trash if they acted the way you do, with utter disrespct, and flat out lies. 

He shouldn't have played at all.  The DRAMA is that he had to try to play to show the world how tough he is.

We already know that, kobe, now shut up and take a night off....before you play on it and have to miss the next two.

The problem, you see, is that it's all about HIM...will he play or won't he?

If he plays - he's a warrior

If he doesn't - wow, it must really be bad to keep him on the sidelines.

And....oh, yeah, was there a game???  Who won???

So, he got injured, and to Boston Celtics fan, every path he takes, he is made out to be a bad guy, because all of you know so much about this. As if you are in any kind of position to deicide whether or not he should try and play. You people are ridiculous. A bunch grown men who are nothing but petulant children. 

Ah, no- you should read the comments on the LA Times today.  EVERY post mentions him - talk about children.

"we play better without him"

"we dont' play beter without him"

"all the kobe haters are out today"

ONE person mentions the game..........................and you don't see anything wrong with that?

He is one of the elite of the elite players in the game, this is how it goes down. He is one of the most popular players in NBA history, he is one of the greats. People who can only afford to go to one game of their teams season, they go to the game when Kobe is in town. Arenas all over the league fill up with people wearing Kobe jerseys, he is one of those players, that is the way it is.

You jealous you don't have one on your team? You sure sound like you are bleeding green, with envy.

If you can't respect what Kobe does on a basketball court, you don't repect the game itself. It would be the same thing with a player like Garnett. Anyone who can't respect what he has done throughout his career, you aren't repecting the game. This childish mealy mouthed hatred, is just silliness, fueled by all kinds of immaturity.

You are completely baked!!!  AND delusional.

Are you really saying that the fans of the IND Pacers who went to the game last night are MORE upset that kobe didn't play?  Or that their team lost, and they played horribly?

I find it very hard to believe you can write this trash with a straight face!

I don't like kobe the person, but you have to respect kobe the player.  Regardless, no one player is above the team.

The FACT he only played 12 mins, and did not return shows clearly he was too injured to play...

I guarantee that if he played on BOS, Doc would sit him.  The fact D'Antoni doesn't have the stones to tell him to sit out (like Phil did), is a clear indication that kobe runs the show.

Look at this thread, for God's sake.

The idiot lakersavenger started the thread by saying kobe will play, kobe is tough, kobe is a warrior..............blah blah blah

HE is the topic of conversation, overshadowing your best road win of the year, over the 3rd best team in the East!

A FAN of the game can appreciate that the lakers won on the road.  The fact kobe didn't play SHOULD be secondary.  But it isn't, because HE won't allow it.

kobe is a top 10 player of all-time.............and I hope he didn't do further damage to his ankle by trying to "tough it out" in a game he clearly should not have played in.

And, oh yeah, they won!

These problems you talk about, only exist to the petty and childish. These little hate based fications are your inadaquencies, your personality defects on display. The fact that you think you are the best person to decide whether or not he should play shows what distorted view you have on the situation. The very instance you got irriitated and went into demonization mode because he dared to try and play showed just how weak you are. You are all upset because he got too much attention, that is your defect.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Way to not answer the question.  Answering the question would show how weak your argument is.

Face it, you are KOBE fan, not a lakers fan.  You will probably stop watching them when he retires.

I fail to see how "hate" is saying he's one of the 10 best players ever!!

To use your own words - suppose he now has to miss two games.....then "fans" in TWO cities won't get to see him play........should those people demand their money back??

Lastly, I am not the least bit "upset."  I am not a lakers fan.  And if I went to a lakers/Celtics game, and he didn't play, I wouldn't care!!!!!!!!!

He shouldn't have played - and I'm not a doctor.  But I know he was not thinking of the "fans" of IND when he decided to play.  He was not thinking of you, either.  He was only thinking of himself, and is mentality that his team cannot function without him.

It is YOUR view that is distorted, not mine.  Fans would be upset because he didn't play??????  WOW!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

Way to not answer the question.  Answering the question would show how weak your argument is.

Face it, you are KOBE fan, not a lakers fan.  You will probably stop watching them when he retires.

To use your own words - suppose he now has to miss two games.....then "fans" in TWO cities won't get to see him play........should those people demand their money back??

Lastly, I am not the least bit "upset."  I am not a lakers fan.  And if I went to a lakers/Celtics game, and he didn't play, I wouldn't care!!!!!!!!!

He shouldn't have played - and I'm not a doctor.  But I know he was not thinking of the "fans" of IND when he decided to play.  He was not thinking of you, either.  He was only thinking of himself, and is mentality that his team cannot function without him.

It is YOUR view that is distorted, not mine.  Fans would be upset because he didn't play??????  WOW!!

You haven't got the foggiest idea what he was thinking or what motivated him to try and play, and the fact that you think you do, is your defect. The fact that you are bothered about him trying  is nothing but a spotlight, shined all over your petiness.

Tim Cary's tweet: 

@kobebryant wanted to say thanks for trying to go tonight. For those of us in Indy w/ tix who didn't expect it, your effort was appreciated. 

Kobe's response: 

@TimCary thank you. That means a lot I couldn't imagine going to see mj as a kid and him not playing eventhou he could have #countonfans 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

You haven't got the foggiest idea what he was thinking or what motivated him to try and play, and the fact that you think you do, is your defect.

And you haven't the foggiest idea that people would be upset if he didn't play.  And that is your delusion.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

You haven't got the foggiest idea what he was thinking or what motivated him to try and play, and the fact that you think you do, is your defect.

And you haven't the foggiest idea that people would be upset if he didn't play.  And that is your delusion.

You are just throwing out more pettiness, look at what you chose to focus on. You are a child, in a grown man's body. You think everyone is like you, a little bundle of immature hatred. You project this, because you can't imagine in your pea brain, that there are tons of peole worldwide who feel nothing like you do. That is your delusion, your overblown opinion of yourself running amock in your own head.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

You are just throwing out nore pettiness, look at what you chose to focus on. You are a child, in a grown man's body. 

I chose to focus on the FACT that the lakers won the game.  They beat a very good IND team on the road.

Is that not the point of the NBA???????????????????

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

You are just throwing out nore pettiness, look at what you chose to focus on. You are a child, in a grown man's body. 

I chose to focus on the FACT that the lakers won the game.  They beat a very good IND team on the road.

You clearly chose to focus on much more, like whether or not he should play, as if, or whether or not fans buyn tickets specifically to come to see him play, and on and on.

"But it is all about him, But he is just trying to show how tough he is, But I know his motivations were selfish.."

But now, you come out with this, "I just chose to focus...." You are full of it, obviously. Talking out of both sides of your mouth in the same conversation. I would say your in no postition to judge anyone, slick. A minute ago, you were focued on what fans were saying in the comment section of the LA Times, to justify your petiness. Integrity much?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

No, YOU mentioned people who bought the tickets.  I mentioned the FACT the lakers won, and all anyone can talk about is kobe Bryant, who didn't even play.

THAT, is sad - SLICK!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

No, YOU mentioned people who bought the tickets.  I mentioned the FACT the lakers won, and all anyone can talk about is kobe Bryant, who didn't even play.

THAT, is sad - SLICK!!!

I mentioned it because it is the truth, a truth you can't come to grips with. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

THAT, is sad - SLICK!!!

That is your opinion - are you a lakers fan or not?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

As much as I hate the slackers,Kobe is amazing,no doubt. Nobody can question his toughness,he has played through injuries that would end many other players season. I still think the fakers are missing the POs and if they do get lucky and make them  they are 1 and done,but you won't be able to blame Kobe

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

THAT, is sad - SLICK!!!

Kobe is a marquee player, that isn't my opinion, and the fact that you chose to make this an arguement, and then had the gaul to misdirect with this "are you a lakers fan or not?" nonsense is again your petulant inner child showing through. You will never grow up, you will go in the ground with a child's mentality.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

As much as I hate the slackers,Kobe is amazing,no doubt. Nobody can question his toughness,he has played through injuries that would end many other players season. I still think the fakers are missing the POs and if they do get lucky and make them  they are 1 and done,but you won't be able to blame Kobe

I agree 100% with your comments.  But don't you think the fact they won last night taking a back seat to whether he played or not?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

I agree 100% with your comments.  But don't you think the fact they won last night taking a back seat to whether he played or not?

You don't see how you suddenly changed directions, tried to change your own argument? You really think anyone is buying this sudden 180 turn you just made? It is as if, the whole "Kobe's motivation was about him" nonsensical stuff never came out of your mouth from your viewpoint.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

THAT, is sad - SLICK!!!

Kobe is a marquee player, that isn't my opinion, and the fact that you chose to make this an arguement, and then had the gaul to misdirect with this "are you a lakers fan or not?" nonsense is again your petulant inner child showing through. You will never grow up, you will go in the ground with a child's mentality.

It's GALL - not gaul - fool!

It's also ARGUMENT - no E, son!!

kobe IS a marquee player - show me where I said he wasn't??

Isn't the goal to win as many games as you can and make the playoffs?  Question - do you have a better chance with him missing ONE game, or multiple?

Your team won last night, you should be happy!  But, instead, you are coming on here defending this nonsense.  Does it not count as much because HE didn't play?  You gained ground on HOU, Utah AND GS!  THAT should be the focus. I couldn't care less if you agree with that or not.

LA Times today:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1569387-kobe-bryants-rough-outing-proves-mamba-shouldnt-have-rushed-back-for-lakers

IMO - he should not have played - he jeopardized the rest of the season - THAT, my friend, is selfish!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

After beating them last Wed and seeing the  Lakers do it. I am not so sure Indy is a very good team.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

After beating them last Wed and seeing the  Lakers do it. I am not so sure Indy is a very good team.   

I think we can beat them in the playoffs, and they play very good D.  They don't have a big time scorer, and that will be there downfall.  It's one reason I want the 6 seed, so we can beat them, then get the Knicks.

They were god-awful last night, though!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

THAT, is sad - SLICK!!!

It's GALL - not gaul - fool!

It's also ARGUMENT - no E, son!!

kobe IS a marquee player - show me where I said he wasn't??

Isn't the goal to win as many games as you can and make the playoffs?  Question - do you have a better chance with him missing ONE game, or multiple?

Your team won last night, you should be happy!  But, instead, you are coming on here defending this nonsense.  Does it not count as much because HE didn't play?  You gained ground on HOU, Utah AND GS!  THAT should be the focus. I couldn't care less if you agree with that or not.

LA Times today:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1569387-kobe-bryants-rough-outing-proves-mamba-shouldnt-have-rushed-back-for-lakers

IMO - he should not have played - he jeopardized the rest of the season - THAT, my friend, is selfish!!

And another spin, he tried to play, realized it wasn't prudent and called it a day.

If that was a Celtics player, he would be applauded for the effort, praised for the sacrifice in the run for the playoffs, but Kobe going out and giving it a try, is selfish. As if Celtics fan knows better than the 17 year veteran playing at a level no one could image at this stage doesn't know better. But of course, the hatred fueled beat goes on.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

You don't see how you suddenly changed directions, tried to change your own argument? You really think anyone is buying this sudden 180 turn you just made? It is as if, the whole "Kobe's motivation was about him" nonsensical stuff never came out of your mouth from your viewpoint.

Not changing anything.  kobe is a great player, who can't see his own flaws.  He should not have played last night.  It was his ego talking, not his 34 yr old body.   Rajon-Hondo said he is tough and plays through injuries.  I agree, he is tough and plays through injuries.

I'm saying two things, let's be clear here:

1.  It is MY OPINION that he shouldnt' have played last night - I think it was very selfish on his part to jeopardize the team's playoff chances to show how tough he is

2.  It is a FACT that the lakers won, beat a good team on the road, and all anyone is talking about is kobe.............who didn't play...............that is sad, any way you slice it!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Kobe represents everything that is wrong with the NBA. He is the I in team. If he were not on the Lakers, a team that has the financial resources to suround him with quality minions, (He won't accept others that compete for the spotlight) he would forever be known as selfish scoring machine that never won anything.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

Not changing anything.  kobe is a great player, who can't see his own flaws.  He should not have played last night.  It was his ego talking, not his 34 yr old body.   Rajon-Hondo said he is tough and plays through injuries.  I agree, he is tough and plays through injuries.

I'm saying two things, let's be clear here:

1.  It is MY OPINION that he shouldnt' have played last night - I think it was very selfish on his part to jeopardize the team's playoff chances to show how tough he is

2.  It is a FACT that the lakers won, beat a good team on the road, and all anyone is talking about is kobe.............who didn't play...............that is sad, any way you slice it!

Kobe has done just fine, has been an excellent job in the stewartdship of his career, don't think he needs your input, but you are going to go ahead and over-rule his own judgement with your own, because you have such a great stewardship of your own ego.

Anyone with a casual interest can see him playing at a very high level in year 17, playing in a way that defies what most thought possible at this stage,.I think he might know a little teensy bit more about the game, and his body than you. But, then again he doesn't have to come up with a petty justification to feed some need to critisize and hate. 

And to take the specific conversation in this thread, the lets be petty and demonize Kobe thread, and then project it as if no one cares about the win is just idiotic. It was a very nice win on the road, against a good team, of course all the fans enjoyed the win. Calling out all the childish attacks doesn't preclude the satisfaction of a road win against a good team. That is a silly insinuation.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Silly is what you are. Coming to a Celtics board, and playing bully? What do you expect?

Of all the players in the NBA I can not think of one that I think less of as a man than Kobe. Talent is not a free pass. Get over yourself.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Jump-ball-overtime's comment:

Silly is what you are. Coming to a Celtics board, and playing bully? What do you expect?

Of all the players in the NBA I can not think of one that I think less of as a man than Kobe. Talent is not a free pass. Get over yourself.

Do you feel my comments are demoralizing to kobe?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

I love the "ignore buffoon" button!

You can't ignore yourself, Buffer.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger.

Sections
Shortcuts