The amazing Phil Pressey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

The amazing Phil Pressey

Per 36 minutes Pressey is averaging 6 points and 7 assists a game.

He is shooting 30 percent from the floor.

He has a per 0f 8.4. This is 67th out of 71 PG's in the NBA. He is undersized and lacks skill. In every area.

If you don't like Rondo I can respect that. I respect you more if you can agree how good he is at certain things, and that he has had some success.

The guy has his ups and downs. He is a bad shooter, probably a bad leader. I get it. He makes you mad. Grr.

But please, please don't write things about how much you like Pressey.  Please.  

It makes me sad for humanity.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: The amazing Phil Pressey

Another stupid thread

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Pressey is here to ensure a lottery record, other than that, he's useless.  As I've said before, Paul is the Pressey I'd still want, if one were required.  I don't think running around and being out of position is a skill.  He get used defensively by every player in the NBA who he's tried to defend; remember, Bynum ate his lunch and took every penny he had for milk money.  If the Celtics had higher expectation (making the playoffs), another guard woudl be wearing Pressey's jersey.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

If Pressey wants to stay in the NBA he must be a more willing and prolific shooter. The career expectancy of an undersized PG that can't shoot,about 1 year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Another stupid thread

^angry old guy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

The Boston Celtics' most encouraging player for the month of March? You could make a case that, in limited floor time, it was rookie point guard Phil Pressey given the way he often spearheaded a second unit that played some of Boston's most inspired basketball.

Consider this:

* Over 177 minutes of floor time in 13 appearance in March, Pressey was a team-best plus-35 in plus/minus, one of only five players -- all limited-minute reserves -- to finish in the positive. Starting point guard Rajon Rondo was minus-113 over 442 minutes in 12 appearance (while Jeff Green was a team-worst minus-120). Given Boston's lack of success -- the team finished 3-12 for the month -- it's no surprise that the starters were in the negative, but Pressey's number simply reflects positively on the team's performance during his court time.

* Maybe the more encouraging numbers come in Boston's ratings (points scored/allowed per 100 possessions) with Pressey on the court in March. Pressey owned a team-best offensive rating of 109.7, which was nearly nine points higher than the team's average (100.8) for the month. What's more, his defensive rating was 98.7, or 9½ points less than the team's cringe-worthy average (108.2).

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4712041/pressey-a-bright-spot-in-a-gloomy-march?ex_cid=espnapi_public

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I get it, but you have to look at his size especially on defense, and his shooting stats are worse than Rondo.  Not a starting point guard on a top NBA team.. If you love him as a roster guy, fine.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Boston Celtics' most encouraging player for the month of March? You could make a case that, in limited floor time, it was rookie point guard Phil Pressey given the way he often spearheaded a second unit that played some of Boston's most inspired basketball.

Consider this:

* Over 177 minutes of floor time in 13 appearance in March, Pressey was a team-best plus-35 in plus/minus, one of only five players -- all limited-minute reserves -- to finish in the positive. Starting point guard Rajon Rondo was minus-113 over 442 minutes in 12 appearance (while Jeff Green was a team-worst minus-120). Given Boston's lack of success -- the team finished 3-12 for the month -- it's no surprise that the starters were in the negative, but Pressey's number simply reflects positively on the team's performance during his court time.

* Maybe the more encouraging numbers come in Boston's ratings (points scored/allowed per 100 possessions) with Pressey on the court in March. Pressey owned a team-best offensive rating of 109.7, which was nearly nine points higher than the team's average (100.8) for the month. What's more, his defensive rating was 98.7, or 9½ points less than the team's cringe-worthy average (108.2).

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4712041/pressey-a-bright-spot-in-a-gloomy-march?ex_cid=espnapi_public

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. Since Rondo came back, Pressey has played less and his production has been less. His turnovers have been up. But while Rondo was out, Pressey had a good run with very VERY few turnovers. Am like you, tired of seeing Rondo hog the ball..Celtics games have become UNWATCHABLE.. Even with Crawford things were more entertaining. The ball moved quicker out of Crawford hands..I dont believe in the whole Yo-yo that Rondo brings in.. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

Consider this:

[/QUOTE]

Man that is awesome! i guess the month of march is what raised his Per from 7 to 8 and his shooting percentage up to 30 percent.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I get it, but you have to look at his size especially on defense, and his shooting stats are worse than Rondo.  Not a starting point guard on a top NBA team.. If you love him as a roster guy, fine.

[/QUOTE]

He doesnt shoot as much as Rondo..NOt close..and his defense, we have seen Pressey being a pest..his size, true, doesnt help him..but he is on top of his opponent all the time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]

Another stupid thread

[/QUOTE]

One of those Sarcastic threads ALA Fungie's...just because there is different opinions doesnt mean that one is right and the other is wrong.. This thread is a mock on those who like Presseys game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Another stupid thread

[/QUOTE]

One of those Sarcastic threads ALA Fungie's...just because there is different opinions doesnt mean that one is right and the other is wrong.. This thread is a mock on those who like Presseys game.

[/QUOTE]

Yes. It is. Good catch.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

He comes in at number 8 on this "worst players in the NBA list.

8. Phil Pressey

Team: Boston Celtics
    Position: Point Guard
    2013-14 stats: 2.4 PPG, 2.5 APG, 1.1 RPG, 0.8 SPG

This man has the worst true shooting percent in the NBA, and turns the ball over as much as a point guard humanly can at a 14.9 turnovers per 100 possessions clip. He's shooting 28.4 percent from the field overall—his shot chart looks like a firetruck. Phil Pressey is the worst back-up point guard in the NBA, and he's made it a non-competition for the time being.

http://www.complex.com/sports/2014/02/25-worst-players-in-the-nba-right-now/phil-pressey

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Clearly the kid tries hard but he just isn't tall enough or talented enough to make it long term in the NBA...won't happen...that he's on the roster speaks more to the fact that the C's have a complete lack of true NBA talent on the roster than anything else...we seem to have cornered the market on short and incompetely talented NBA guards...we've got short guys who can't shoot or short guys who can't defend or short guys who can't get assists or short guys who can't dribble....Heck, a short guy can play but he's got to have an all around game, or  multiple parts of an all-around NBA  game they do well in order to stay on a roster....$8 mill/year for AB?..NO WAY!!!!! The man is worth about $4-5/mill  right now....Pressy?...he won't make the squad next year if they keep Bayless and draft a guard with one of their #1 picks...

Just sayin'...and if he does make the squad next year, it's NOT a good sign for their chances at improvement.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

For the month of March, Synergy data reveals that Pressey allowed only a mere 0.717 points per possession, with opposing players shooting just 32.7 percent against him. For the season, players with a minimum of 350 possessions defended (Pressey's total through 62 appearances), Indiana's David West tops the league at 0.745 points allowed per play.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Shortish and heavyish, but I can shoot 25% and would play for half of Pressey's salary.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

[QUOTE]

Shortish and heavyish, but I can shoot 25% and would play for half of Pressey's salary.

[/QUOTE]

For the month of March, Synergy data reveals that Pressey allowed only a mere 0.717 points per possession, with opposing players shooting just 32.7 percent against him. For the season, players with a minimum of 350 possessions defended (Pressey's total through 62 appearances), Indiana's David West tops the league at 0.745 points allowed per play.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Its a dream, but not a dream come true.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Pressey reminds me of Michael Jordan....when he was like 3 years old.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Pressey wants to stay in the NBA he must be a more willing and prolific shooter. The career expectancy of an undersized PG that can't shoot,about 1 year.

[/QUOTE]  Nicely put.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

Pressey reminds me of Michael Jordan....when he was like 3 years old.

He did dunk one the other night.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It is cool that Chris likes stats so much, but doesn't comment on the fact that Pressey has a Per that ranks him 67th out 0f 71 point guards, or that he shoots 30 percent and averages 6 points and 7 assists per 36 minutes.

I wonder why?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

another stupid thread

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

[QUOTE]

Another stupid thread

[/QUOTE]

I AGREE, JUST PLAIN STUPID AND UNNECESSARY.

PHIL PRESSEY IS GIVING A GOOD EFFORT EVERY NIGHT, HE MAY BOUNCE AROUND FOR A FEW YEARS BEFORE HE FINDS HIS ROLE AND SPOT IN THE NBA , LOOK AT GERALD GREEN , HE HAD TO GO TO RUSSIA AND CHINA TO GET HIS GAME TOGETHER AND LEARN HOW TO BE A PROFESSIONAL. WHATEVER SKILLS PRESSEY SEEMS TO BE CURRENTLY LACKING, PROFESSIONALISM IS NOT ONE OF THEM, WHICH PUTS HIM IN A GOOD POSTISION TO SUCCEED GOING FORWARD.

HE'S PROBABLY NOT ON NEXT YEAR'S CELTICS TEAM, BUT WHY RIP ON THE GUY IN SUCH A PERSONAL WAY ?

CAN'T WAIT TILL DRAFT NIGHT , CAN ONLY WONDER WHAT SURPRISES AINGE HAS IN STORE FOR CELTICS FANS.......I SAY AINGE ENDS UP WITH TWO OF THE TOP TEN PICKS, EVEN IF IT MEANS CASHING IN SOME FUTURE CHIPS ......FAST FORWARD REBUILD 2014 !