The Antoine Walker Joke

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

The Antoine Walker Joke

I'm sick of the garbage some posters have foisted on members of this forum with the Antoine Walker posts.

If you don''t agree with them they try to label you a racist or a hater.

Walker had a bigger opportunity than most of us will ever have to set himself and his family up financially for generations to come and he blew it.  He has only himself to blame, and he deserves none of my sympathy and has earned all of my disdain.  He was never as good as he thought he was and never played to his potential, and it's a shame, the situation he got himself in, but I see no reason to try to make him a sympathetic character or make him out to be a victim. Maybe a victim of his own hubris. 

I think he should go back home and get a job in the Sanitation Department picking up garbage in his home town, build his life back up from the roots down. Then he will earn my respect and have me pulling for him. 

The more garbage and propaganda I read from these posters the less support I feel like giving Walker.

How many of you are sick of the Antoine Walker garbage?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toineson. Show toineson's posts

Re: The Antoine Walker Joke

In Response to The Antoine Walker Joke:
    [QUOTE]I'm sick of the garbage some posters have foisted on members of this forum with the Antoine Walker posts. If you don''t agree with them they try to label you a racist or a hater. Walker had a bigger opportunity than most of us will ever have to set himself and his family up financially for generations to come and he blew it.  He has only himself to blame, and he deserves none of my sympathy and has earned all of my disdain.  He was never as good as he thought he was and never played to his potential, and it's a shame, the situation he got himself in, but I see no reason to try to make him a sympathetic character or make him out to be a victim. Maybe a victim of his own hubris.  I think he should go back home and get a job in the Sanitation Department picking up garbage in his home town, build his life back up from the roots down. Then he will earn my respect and have me pulling for him.  The more garbage and propaganda I read from these posters the less support I feel like giving Walker. How many of you are sick of the Antoine Walker garbage?
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

Purposely trying to start a fight today, Rondowski?  Well I'm not ready to oblige, at least not all out, sorry.  At least you're showing your true colors; I never bought the b.s. in a previous post about how you "have a soft spot" for the guy or something to that effect.  That's fine and perfectly reasonable that you don't have sympathy for him, but disdain?  Calling a guy a joke after he sincerely tried to make Boston a winner?  What happened to Boston both times after he left?  Personally I think the bigger joke is that guys like Scalabrine and Brian Cardinal get training camp invites but Walker has not thus far.  And just because someone has a favorable opinion of Walker doesn't mean that it's about "propaganda."  If anything, the mere fact that you would distort his career and accomplishments this way speaks to how much unfair anti-Walker crap has been out there since the beginning.  Guys like Tim Thomas and Darius Miles are much better examples of lottery picks that underachieved, let's not lose all sense of perspective just because of your irrational disdain for the guy.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

In Response to The Antoine Walker Joke:
    [QUOTE]I'm sick of the garbage some posters have foisted on members of this forum with the Antoine Walker posts. If you don''t agree with them they try to label you a racist or a hater. Walker had a bigger opportunity than most of us will ever have to set himself and his family up financially for generations to come and he blew it.  He has only himself to blame, and he deserves none of my sympathy and has earned all of my disdain.  He was never as good as he thought he was and never played to his potential, and it's a shame, the situation he got himself in, but I see no reason to try to make him a sympathetic character or make him out to be a victim. Maybe a victim of his own hubris.  I think he should go back home and get a job in the Sanitation Department picking up garbage in his home town, build his life back up from the roots down. Then he will earn my respect and have me pulling for him.  The more garbage and propaganda I read from these posters the less support I feel like giving Walker. How many of you are sick of the Antoine Walker garbage?

Well I do agree that Walker's days are over. I already had that feeling when he first left the league. I do believe he lived up to his potential for some time. I think he had still more to offer but he has been out of the league too long(and had many problems) to be focused on the nba game. I believe he won't make a team...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Toine was a good player when he was here.  I didn't always like his game, but I always liked his competitiveness.  He obviously made some bad choices in his life, first and foremost financially, which is sad.  To have made all that money and to have nothing left to show for it is truly sad.   But I do agree that the "bring Toine back" threads are tiresome, as much as I admit that I liked him when he was here and I liked when Danny brought him back for an encore.  I hope he gets himself in shape and can get someone to give him a shot.  But to me, he's old news and not likely to help this team at all.

Not trying to pick fights or tell people what to post.  But I think hoping for Antoine to have his swan song with this current C's team is wishful thinking.     

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: The Antoine Walker Joke:
    [QUOTE]In Response to The Antoine Walker Joke : Purposely trying to start a fight today, Rondowski?  Well I'm not ready to oblige, at least not all out, sorry.  At least you're showing your true colors; I never bought the b.s. in a previous post about how you "have a soft spot" for the guy or something to that effect.  That's fine and perfectly reasonable that you don't have sympathy for him, but disdain?  Calling a guy a joke after he sincerely tried to make Boston a winner?  What happened to Boston both times after he left?  Personally I think the bigger joke is that guys like Scalabrine and Brian Cardinal get training camp invites but Walker has not thus far.  And just because someone has a favorable opinion of Walker doesn't mean that it's about "propaganda."  If anything, the mere fact that you would distort his career and accomplishments this way speaks to how much unfair anti-Walker crap has been out there since the beginning.  Guys like Tim Thomas and Darius Miles are much better examples of lottery picks that underachieved, let's not lose all sense of perspective just because of your irrational disdain for the guy.  
    Posted by toineson[/QUOTE]

-

No mas, ok?  LoL

I don't think Antoine is a joke, I think the Antoine "agenda" is a joke that we had foisted on us here on the forum, and I just wanted to see if others felt the same way.  I may even have pulled for him if that dead horse agenda had not been whipped to death ad infinitum before all of our very eyes.

*  I guess my posts disappeared for a few days, but I never knew it because I could always see them.  It's fixed now, I guess, and thanks to my friends who alerted me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toineson. Show toineson's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Antoine Walker Joke : - No mas, ok?  LoL I don't think Antoine is a joke, I think the Antoine "agenda" is a joke that we had foisted on us here on the forum, and I just wanted to see if others felt the same way.  I may even have pulled for him if that dead horse agenda had not been whipped to death ad infinitum before all of our very eyes. *  I guess my posts disappeared for a few days, but I never knew it because I could always see them.  It's fixed now, I guess, and thanks to my friends who alerted me.

You're ridiculous.  You're tired of hearing about Antoine Walker, so naturally you decide to start an Antoine Walker thread.  Only you.   If you want to cover your ears or eyes anytime someone has something positive to say or write about the guy then go right ahead!  You seriously felt the need to make an announcement about this?  Who the heck cares whether you're pulling for the guy or not??  Stop pretending like you'd have any rooting interest for Walker if only there hadn't been a couple of threads over the course of the offseason where myself and others chose to reminisce about the the positive things the guy has done both on and off the court.  "Agenda"?!!  Hey, most of those threads were deleted anyway, what more do you want??    Carry on with your disdain and have a nice day.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Jeez, get sensitive why don't cha! 

Now you know how we all felt with that uncalled for onslaught of Antoine verbiage and the insulting accusations if anyone disagreed.

I'm sorry I'm not being politically correct, but a lot of us are sick of these pampered, self-indulgent, self-entitled atheletes being portrayed as victims.

The fact that there's a back-lash after the manner in which you beat that dead horse into a pulp and castigated anyone who dared to disagree should not surprise you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toineson. Show toineson's posts

[QUOTE]Jeez, get sensitive why don't cha!  Now you know how we all felt with that uncalled for onslaught of Antoine verbiage and the insulting accusations if anyone disagreed. I'm sorry I'm not being politically correct, but a lot of us are sick of these pampered, self-entitled atheletes being portrayed as victims. The fact that there's a back-lash after the manner in which you beat that dead horse into a pulp and castigated anyone who dared to disagree should not surprise you.

I never castigated anyone who disagreed... I've got the entire "BRING BACK TOINE" thread saved and I think you've got that backwards.  I'd rather not repeat some of the names Antoine was called.  If you'd like we can rehash the entire episode, but frankly I'm not in the mood.  I'm not quite sure what you mean by "backlash"... your poll at the top doesn't even make sense and is designed to lump the Walker bashers together, so I didn't even vote.  More recently it was OTHER people that brought him up, so I guess it's ok to discuss the guy from time to time.  Normally all you hear about Walker are the negatives, so yes, I do like to use these times to remind people that he did a lot of solid things in his career.  Just trying to inject a little proportionality into these discussions.  It's pretty sad and telling that anything positive said about him is now "propaganda" Frown.  You can't discuss Walker in soundbites, it's a complicated mix.         

If you recall, the context of the "BRING BACK TOINE" thread was that it was early August, not much happening.  And I passed along the information I had that wasn't making the papers, that Antoine Walker was looking good in workouts and was back in great shape and that I thought he'd be a good understudy for us in a future game 7 should others get hurt again, and just under 50% agreed.  Some people like yourself questioned my credibility, but one week ago the claims I made were verified by Rick Bonnell from the Charlotte Observer.  I never challenged anyone that preferred to not sign Walker, but inevitably Walker's past is brought up in these discussions and distortions/inaccuracies are then frequently presented about his career.   Obviously he's one of my favorite players so naturally I'm going to correct people where they are wrong or off base.  But I haven't even advocated a Bring Back Toine stance since early August since the roster is now full.  Luke Harangody is our man this year should our frontcourt become undone in the playoffs once again.  I'd prefer Walker, but hey I hope the rookie will be up to the challenge.  You have nothing to worry about sir, Antoine Walker will never be a Celtic again.      

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

well, at least morrison is going to someone else's camp and we don't have to deal with that washed up "player" coming to town.............

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Antoine Walker Joke : I never castigated anyone who disagreed... I've got the entire "BRING BACK TOINE" thread saved and I think you've got that backwards.  I'd rather not repeat some of the names Antoine was called.  If you'd like we can rehash the entire episode, but frankly I'm not in the mood.  I'm not quite sure what you mean by "backlash"... your poll at the top doesn't even make sense and is designed to lump the Walker bashers together, so I didn't even vote.  More recently it was OTHER people that brought him up, so I guess it's ok to discuss the guy from time to time.  Normally all you hear about Walker are the negatives, so yes, I do like to use these times to remind people that he did a lot of solid things in his career.  Just trying to inject a little proportionality into these discussions.  It's pretty sad and telling that anything positive said about him is now "propaganda" .  You can't discuss Walker in soundbites, it's a complicated mix.          If you recall, the context of the "BRING BACK TOINE" thread was that it was early August, not much happening.  And I passed along the information I had that wasn't making the papers, that Antoine Walker was looking good in workouts and was back in great shape and that I thought he'd be a good understudy for us in a future game 7 should others get hurt again, and just under 50% agreed.  Some people like yourself questioned my credibility, but one week ago the claims I made were verified by Rick Bonnell from the Charlotte Observer.  I never challenged anyone that preferred to not sign Walker, but inevitably Walker's past is brought up in these discussions and distortions/inaccuracies are then frequently presented about his career.   Obviously he's one of my favorite players so naturally I'm going to correct people where they are wrong or off base.  But I haven't even advocated a Bring Back Toine stance since early August since the roster is now full.  Luke Harangody is our man this year should our frontcourt become undone in the playoffs once again.  I'd prefer Walker, but hey I hope the rookie will be up to the challenge.  You have nothing to worry about sir, Antoine Walker will never be a Celtic again.      
    Posted by toineson[/QUOTE]

-

Your threads and posts gave me the impression that you had your opinions and your agenda and that you were trying to force these things on other people.

It really has little to do with Antoine Walker and everything to do with you, Sir. 

Thanks for stopping by.

They say revenge is a dish best served cold:  how do you like your soup, Sir?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

please no more antoine

it is a joke.

cant be serious

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]You forgot the fourth and fifth options: /> This is another self serving voter poll by Rondowski and is as stupid as he /> I abstain from voting as this is BS and only represents the poll taker's hidden agenda I'd vote twice if I was able but the pole is fixed by the presenter and hence the failure to attract more than a few haters. PS: Make mine Vichyssoise
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

-

Thanks for sharing, Mp, now please tell the group how you feel having gotten that off your chest.

Now, lets talk about maturity and hidden agendas.  Maturity, well, you appear to have none, and hidden agendas, I asked Rondowski, and he said he has no hidden agenda, that his agenda is clear for everyone to see and that is to mock the people who shoved the Walker propaganda in our faces.

Now, what part of the word "joke" don't you understand.

The "joke" is on you?  Is that too hard to understand?

The title of the thread is The Antoine Walker Jokenow, is there a light bulb going off in your head yet or are you still densing out on us?

Lighten up and have some fun.  If you can't have fun here, you can't have fun anywhere.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Hey Romanowski...lay off the steroids.  You're making a fool of yourself...again

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah ... let's talk about maturity! " I think the Antoine "agenda" is a joke that we had foisted on us here on the forum, and I just wanted to see if others felt the same way." So you were looking for a 30 -10 bashing in favor of your point of view so you could claim some kind of moral victory as to the relevance of Antoine Walker's contribution as a Celtic or even his career as a baller? When people discuss/debate the pros and cons of different players that's fine and you enjoy it. But when Antoine is the issue you refer to it as "propoganda." Very funny ... your significant other (man/woman) must really get a kick out of your sense of humor and witt ... especially the dumb Pollock bit. I thought it was funny at first myself but now I can see that it's really just an act you use to subtly inject your opinions in some passive-aggressive technique ... devious and lacking in testicular fortitude. Don't take this personal now ... I'm only putting you on, haha!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

-

We cool, Mp, I dont' take it personally at all.  Just having some fun at the expense of those who pushed the Antoine agenda so hard.

But I'm done with it now.  It's over as far as I'm concerned.  But anyone who wants to discuss it ad infinitum should feel free to do so.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Romanowski...lay off the steroids.  You're making a fool of yourself...again
    Posted by Eldunker[/QUOTE]

-

Hi, Edith Bunker, Roman, here, I think we'd make a lovely couple, what do you think? What say we go out for a few shots.

Sections
Shortcuts