The athleticism and offensive game of Bass makes him a starter

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

The athleticism and offensive game of Bass makes him a starter

For me he can put the same numbers of David West with the difference that he's younger and healthy. I watched this kid since his early days in Dallas and always liked his professionalism , work ethic, and all around game. Strong guy who rebounds the ball consistently and great defender, good jumper and attacks the basket helped by his leaping abilities. I see him fitting well with Rondo's game and KG's.

Garnett
    Bass
    Pierce
    Allen
    Rondo

Johnson
    Wilcox
    Green
    Moore
    Dooling

Daniels, O'neal, Bradley, Pavlovic, and Stiemsma should fight for garbage minutes..If we drafted those kids let them play and let O'neal and Daniels rest for the playoffs so they can be healthy!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

Re: The athleticism and offensive game of Bass makes him a starter

In Response to Re: The athleticism and offensive game of Bass makes him a starter:
    If it's just to entertain the fans then why not.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Fierce this team is good enough to go deep and in a short season everything can happen..Last year I never saw Dallas as a real contender..Did you?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

It makes him a capable starter but he'snot gonna start. i thinks it's best that we bring him of bench, the second unit will need his scoring and yes i do think we're good enough to go deep and make some noise.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

In Response to Re: The athleticism and offensive game of Bass makes him a starter:
    It makes him a capable starter but he'snot gonna start. i thinks it's best that we bring him of bench, the second unit will need his scoring and yes i do think we're good enough to go deep and make some noise.
    Posted by GreenaboveGold

Who should you think can be that 5th starter?? Jermaine O'neal with his girly knees??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

He may have to start.

Pierce and Rondo are already hurt and sat out practice today.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: The athleticism and offensive game of Bass makes him a starter : The Mavs added Tyson Chandler last year. They already had Brendan Haywood but they insisted on acquiring Chandler so that would be able to match up with the Lakers. I didn't expect the Mavs to make it to the Finals last year. But I knew they got better when they got Chandler. Now, will Brandon Bass enable us to go deep in the playoffs? Remember, right now Bass and Wilcox are our only new additions. And both are not exactly starter material. If we had David West, CP3 or both, then that's another story. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

Haha,  I did predict the Mavs to get to the finals last year. They are always tough on SA so I thought they could handle the best record in the league. I believe they ran off two pretty good winning streaks last year. I knew they were for real. Until they hammered the Fakers I didnt expect them to win it all, but you could start to see the writing on the wall. Dallas is one of two teams that I can watch in person. Halfway between OK City and Dallas. See them play a lot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: The athleticism and offensive game of Bass makes him a starter : The Mavs added Tyson Chandler last year. They already had Brendan Haywood but they insisted on acquiring Chandler so that would be able to match up with the Lakers. I didn't expect the Mavs to make it to the Finals last year. But I knew they got better when they got Chandler. Now, will Brandon Bass enable us to go deep in the playoffs? Remember, right now Bass and Wilcox are our only new additions. And both are not exactly starter material. If we had David West, CP3 or both, then that's another story. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

CP3 is not walking through the door.  So the only possibility is if JJJ becomes a surprise contributor and Billups walks through the door.  Then the Celts can have a good season.  Otherwise Danny should wait until the trade deadline and then decide whether to continue or blow it up.

Bass and Wilcox are known commodities.  So I can't pin my hopes on them.  Hence JJJ.

Oh well!  At least the last few days have been fun.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

Posted by Fiercest34

Fierce I'm positive guy who loves basketball and my opinions will always be as coach point of view..We have to work with what we have now!!!  We do't need to finish first in the conference neither we need to win the Atlantic..We just need to make the playoffs and then we can separate the boys from the men. If we don't reach the finals..so what?? At the end only 1 team wins, we can give those young guys quality minutes to see if they got material and next year see the results of giving them that confidence..

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

Count me in Fierce34, the Celts is just a playoff team with this present line up, however if we can add a solid border line all star center then it's another story until then we are just wishing the 18th banner.

"No Body Does it Better than the Boston Celtics"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

WE are short on three point shooters, sign De. West and take the 3 mil and get a second rate center.  We should be good for #4 in the East.  But you never know we could suprise like the first year of the big three.  Bulls, Nicks, and Heat fight it out with Boston the dark dark horse.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

I think they need another center .... I see O'Neill contributing 18 minutes a game tops.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

If Bass will come off the bench then my guy to start is JJ Johnson 6'10 shotblocker and big ten defensive player of the year!!

J O'neal is not respected in this league!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

In Response to Re: The athleticism and offensive game of Bass makes him a starter : You want to start a rookie that's only 220 lbs.? Ugh! Have you seen a picture of JJJ?
    Posted by Fiercest34

He's well educated with 4 years of NCAA basketball and some good achievements..Like I say before J O'neal isn't going to get better anymore!! Just for your knowledge Fierces Anthony Randolph from the Timberwolves weight's 220 and has the same body frame of Juan Juan. Go to his profile and check his stats as a starter with Golden State..Do your homework and good night!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I cant figure the current C's being even as good as last years team.

Of players that meant anything, we lost BBD, Shaq & DWest...and added Bass... net loss imo

Big 3 older and they were playing very inconsistently last season already....and who knows how screwed up Rondos head will be now, after being shopped around the league..

I dont share the optimisim but I hope I'm wrong

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Everybody is a year older after some years of going deep in the playoffs.  We need a game changer. Danny may do it later in the season.  He has to.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: The athleticism and offensive game of Bass makes him a starter : Delonte wants that MLE ... Ain't gonna happen!
    Posted by Mployee8

I think DWest signed with the Mavs for the league minimum.

Sections
Shortcuts