The Bench, D-West, Big Baby and Kristic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

The Bench, D-West, Big Baby and Kristic

-

The bench seemed to perform admirably in Game 2, giving the team 27 points, and holding the lead before the starting 5, with and without Davis, gave it up again and again.  
     But this bench seems to be a shot in the dark, maybe not as good as the numbers look.  Glen Davis has been mostly abysmal in this series.  He suddenly can’t finish, and he seems to have forgotten how to rebound by getting position and putting a man on his back – he’s no leaper and he keeps getting out-leaped and having rebounds stolen from him by more athletic jumpers. 

D-West remains a shooting guard at heart, a Two, and asking him to distribute the ball is akin to asking Ray to play the point. . .  at this point, it is a pointless exercise in futility.  Give Delonte the ball and tell him to look for his shot:  he’s one of the few guys off the bench who can create their own shot.  

With Davis playing so ineffectively where is Nenad Kristic?  He’s a perfectly serviceable, professional NBA center who has played well for the C’s and can do so again if he ever gets the chance.  Kristic needs more minutes and Davis needs fewer minutes.  Doc, wake up and smell the coffee.

Ski on Twitter

http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Re: The Bench, D-West, Big Baby and Kristic

Where are the hard fouls of Pavlovic on james and Wafer on Wade?
    Why are Green and West are always taken out of the ballgame after they just made a 3?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

West and Green picked it up, I think Glen has had a belly full of Doc Rivers jumping him and is looking forward to playing somewhere elese next year. With the injuries it may be time to let the bench play significant minutes.  Mega minutes for KG and let the bench play and Doc should turn them loose and let them play, they should not be worried about shooting the ball.  Build the team around Rondo and watch the losses pile up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I bet BBD's poor play has absolutely nothing to do with his relationship with Doc.  Doc has backed him and played him when others think he should be benched.  That's a coach supporting you.

I hate to go here, but when a player continues to play this poorly after his injured knee was revealed, I have to wonder if he just doesn't have the lift/speed with that knee.   While I'm a Doc fan, I do blame Doc for sticking with BBD when he clearly is either injured or just not clicking.   This is just way too many games where BBD is not delivering and i think Doc has to abandon him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

In Response to The Bench, D-West, Big Baby and Kristic:
    [QUOTE]- The bench seemed to perform admirably in Game 2, giving the team 27 points, and holding the lead before the starting 5, with and without Davis, gave it up again and again.     But this bench seems to be a shot in the dark, maybe not as good as the numbers look.   Glen Davis has been mostly abysmal in this series.   He suddenly can’t finish, and he seems to have forgotten how to rebound by getting position and putting a man on his back – he’s no leaper and he keeps getting out-leaped and having rebounds stolen from him by more athletic jumpers.   D-West remains a shooting guard at heart, a Two, and asking him to distribute the ball is akin to asking Ray to play the point. . .   at this point, it is a pointless exercise in futility.   Give Delonte the ball and tell him to look for his shot:   he’s one of the few guys off the bench who can create their own shot.    With Davis playing so ineffectively where is Nenad Kristic?   He’s a perfectly serviceable, professional NBA center who has played well for the C’s and can do so again if he ever gets the chance.   Kristic needs more minutes and Davis needs fewer minutes.   Doc, wake up and smell the coffee. Ski on Twitter http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

I hear ya!

Kristic, Murphy, and JO are 18 fouls that can be used on those drives to the basket.

But, Doc won't play it like that. He's committed to slowing down our racehorses and trying to speed up our dead men. Those 18 fouls could slow down their big 3 plenty.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Thats one thing about Doc, he sticks with his guys until they kill him. BBD has been a big ZERO for some time now.  As well as JON has played, DOc opts for BBD for mega minutes while JON rots on the bench.

BBD is going 1on1 in the crucial minutes last game, Doc so much as calls him out for it post-game, yet during this period of time... Doc allows BBD to remain in the game. He killed us and helped Miami pull away and DOc leaves him in with a much better playing JON on the bench. Go figure.

Once West gets past his pump faking when hes wide open, hes played pretty well.

Kristic is too hard to judge these days cause he gets yanked out quick with his first misstep. Funny how DOc will do that to him but not BBD or ROndo..

Since BBD has been getting beat pretty bad defensively too, I dont know how Kristic doesnt get a little more time.... but then, JON doesnt get much time either and hes been playing exceptional.  Doc just loves BBD and the team suffers for it

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: The Bench, D-West, Big Baby and Kristic:

[QUOTE]Thats one thing about Doc, he sticks with his guys until they kill him. BBD has been a big ZERO for some time now.  As well as JON has played, DOc opts for BBD for mega minutes while JON rots on the bench. BBD is going 1on1 in the crucial minutes last game, Doc so much as calls him out for it post-game, yet during this period of time... Doc allows BBD to remain in the game. He killed us and helped Miami pull away and DOc leaves him in with a much better playing JON on the bench. Go figure. Once West gets past his pump faking when hes wide open, hes played pretty well. Kristic is too hard to judge these days cause he gets yanked out quick with his first misstep. Funny how DOc will do that to him but not BBD or ROndo.. Since BBD has been getting beat pretty bad defensively too, I dont know how Kristic doesnt get a little more time.... but then, JON doesnt get much time either and hes been playing exceptional.  Doc just loves BBD and the team suffers for it

Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

-

Well said, Man.  I guess maybe that's one of Doc's peccadilloes, staying with a guy too long.  I don't get why Kristic is not playing more, either.

Do you think we we'll see some changes for Game 3?  We need something that works.  You can't be saving guys, like JO, when your back's against the wall.

Even Tommy, post-game, seemed very frustrated with Big Baby, said "Big Baby is just not getting it done."

I hope it's not his knee.  Baby's playing hard but not effectively.

JO & Kristic, that's the way to go.

Ski on Twitter

http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/

Sections
Shortcuts