The best article on David Stern I've read in a long time!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoneyShooter. Show MoneyShooter's posts

The best article on David Stern I've read in a long time!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ApHVPUyHcc8shHdVgooAdc68vLYF?slug=aw-sternnba031511

The media needs to be more like Adrian and tell it like it is. Stern is an ego maniac with some serious Napoleon complex. He needs to be removed. Not from a Celtics fan's standpoint, but from an NBA fan who sees the game slipping away.

Money

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: The best article on David Stern I've read in a long time!!

WOW, nice article...

and for all those still in denial the refs arent biased, cheating crooks.. here's one excerpt from the article that disagrees..

"When Stern goes to Orlando’s ownership group, he knows it’ll soon be wondering how much of an impact Van Gundy’s mouth will have on Howard and the Magic in the playoffs. Teams tremble over retribution from Stern and fear it in the form of officiating"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

My goodness! What a hard hitting revelation about Emperor Stern. Has the ring of truth to it for sure. Great expose!

I bet that Stern puts out a contract on Adrian Wojnarowski and that AW is never heard from again.

Cement shoes hand fitted. KaPlunk! Hello Jimmy Hoffa.

My apologies to  the "Tainted Championship" threadsters! You guys/gals were right on the MONEY!!!

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Its a matter of people opening their eyes, watching the games and the corrupt refs and having it register in their brains.

Instead some insist on believing all is fair because otherwise, it wrecks their fantasy and enthusiasm for the game.

The emotional tie is hard to break. Nobody wants to believe the best team didnt win... or the refs gifted them a win or the other way around. But when you see the crazy stuff that goes on in the NBA (nowhere else like this)... you rational mind has to take over at some point.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

when the lakers lost magic johnson to HIV, the lakers were compensated half the value of magic's contract. which is fine. but why were the celtics never compensated anything for their franchise crippling losses of both len bias and reggie lewis? stern was involved in an new school / old school power struggle w/ red. end result: stern wins, red and the celtics lose.

the playoffs are coming. the end of the current CBA is coming. stay tuned for more david stern criticism.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

While I have been one to bring last years finals referee crews to task, in the past, because of the changes in calling style in games one and two, I am always sceptical or journalists statements that clearly need a source, or a reference, and don't provide it.

Just because it is written in an article, does not make it true. While Yahoo is not the National Inquirer, it looks more like a personal opinion than anything.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoneyShooter. Show MoneyShooter's posts

In Response to Re: The best article on David Stern I've read in a long time!!:
    [QUOTE]While I have been one to bring last years finals referee crews to task, in the past, because of the changes in calling style in games one and two, I am always sceptical or journalists statements that clearly need a source, or a reference, and don't provide it. Just because it is written in an article, does not make it true. While Yahoo is not the National Inquirer, it looks more like a personal opinion than anything.
    Posted by TeamUmbutu[/QUOTE]

I agree he doesn't list sources, but it seems like there are a whollle lot of NBA employees who share the same sentiment, both players and coaches. Anyone who says anything out loud is immediately fined and shut up by Stern. There is never an explanation to why the person and what he was saying were wrong, just a cease and desist. Then on with business.
       Nothing adds up. When something is questioned publicly by a player, coach, journalist, etc. and there is a public outcry that takes the side of the the one questioning, wouldn't the best route be to prove that person wrong, or to apologize when they're right to save face as an organization. The more they clamp down on people who don't agree with the policies or question the integrity of the league, the worse they look. When a commissioner comments on a coach or player in a schoolyard, classless manner, it doesn't help his argument in proving he isn't a dictator as he has been labeled numerous times by countless sources.
        He is a slap in the face to fans and NBA employees who care about the game. He feels no need to explain anything, as if his power and importance gives him immunity to explanation. Anyone who has watched games that are considered fixed by the NBA and the refs and thinks otherwise seems to not be paying attention. Conspiracy theorists that are not even from the hometown of the team who is thought to have been cheated agree. It's not a bunch of bitter fans, it's much bigger than that. I love the Celtics, and I will be the first to tell you they have been favored by refs in games before. It's uncomfortable to watch. I believe the games that are fixed can still be won by the underdog with the right strategy,skill along with luck. So, I don't believe the fix always determines the outcome, but makes it a lot easier for the team that is enabled by officials. All those who still believe the earth is flat sometimes need a birds-eye view to find out the truth, and I think the flight they need will eventually arrive and the NBA will be turned upside down by the truth.

Money

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Jallen,

Your right, poor leadership is poor leadership.

Money Shooter

Someday, someone may provide a smoking gun regarding control of NBA games by Stern and the NBA, through is referees. This is not the article.

Unfortunately it is written more like a gossip column. Hard facts require evidence.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

P34 is sleeping with Weasel Stern.
    My gripes with NBA is right on.

Stern reminds me of the bad midget (Dr. Lovelace) in wild wild west series.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

Wait.... does this mean that Tim Donaghy wasn't just a "rogue official" who happened to officiate the worst officiated game in league history?  A game that just happened to land a signature franchise in the NBA final and prevent a Sacramento vs. N.J. final.  

Sections
Shortcuts