The Big 4 will run out of gas if they don't start getting some games off completely...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

The Big 4 will run out of gas if they don't start getting some games off completely...

Forget lower their minutes, how about NO minutes at all for a few games?

Especially Ray, Paul + Rondo who ran out of gas in the finals.

The bonus is that it gives the new guys plenty of opputunity to play.

They each need a 2 week vacation before the playoffs IMO!

Start - Arroyo-Wafer-Green-Baby-Shaq
    2nd team - Bradley-West-Pavlovic-Murphy-Kristic

They may not win, but the home crowd will cheer their hustle play!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Re: The Big 4 will run out of gas if they don't start getting some games off completely...

It always seems likes the Celtics are jinxed with injuries right before the playoffs, if the past 2 seasons are an indication.

WE NEED EVERYONE HEALTHY if we're going to compete with the upper echelon teams in the playoffs. I have a bad feeling it's going to be another letdown. I just don't get a good vibe about this "retooled" Celtics team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Re: The Big 4 will run out of gas if they don't start getting some games off completely...

I don't think it is on purpose, but KG and Rondo have been different players since the Perkins trade.

They look emotionally drained, and those 2 guys play off of emotion more than just about anyone else.( except Pierce!)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Da Celtics,
    You want to rest the starters and play the bench guys.  West, Wafer,Davis, and Shaq and their injuries are the whole reason the big 4 are out of gas.  They are not available so how do we play them in place of the big 4.  

Shaq and West especially have let down the team with their inability to get back or the too optimistic return projections spread by the Celtics management.  The Celtics have let down the starters in reality.  Unless West, Davis and Shaq get back in good shape this team is headed for a finish like last year.

Although except for the seventh game of the finals I was pretty pleased with their play in the playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

A few games off may be in store when the injured players return which should be in a matter of a week or less. Hope for the best.
        Rondo is a young player and can handle the minutes. However Ray and K.G seem to be effected the most as it makes sense because of their age. The first indication of tired legs shows in long range jump shots. K.G's 18 to 20 footers haven't been falling as usual lately and neither have Ray's jumpers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

BBD is epected to play on Sunday.  Check ESPNBoston

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to The Big 4 will run out of gas if they don't start getting some games off completely...:
    [QUOTE]Forget lower their minutes, how about NO minutes at all for a few games? Especially Ray, Paul + Rondo who ran out of gas in the finals. The bonus is that it gives the new guys plenty of opputunity to play. They each need a 2 week vacation before the playoffs IMO! Start - Arroyo-Wafer-Green-Baby-Shaq 2nd team - Bradley-West-Pavlovic-Murphy-Kristic They may not win, but the home crowd will cheer their hustle play!!!!
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

You're crazy!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: The Big 4 will run out of gas if they don't start getting some games off completely...:
    [QUOTE]It always seems likes the Celtics are jinxed with injuries right before the playoffs, if the past 2 seasons are an indication. WE NEED EVERYONE HEALTHY if we're going to compete with the upper echelon teams in the playoffs. I have a bad feeling it's going to be another letdown. I just don't get a good vibe about this "retooled" Celtics team.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

Well maybe that is because they have heeped tons of money on 4 players and they are only able to get the scrubs at the veteran minimum so they get guys that are washed up and have almost nothing left.

So I have been reading for several years how Perk and Rondo don't need to score, there is plenty of scoring, and as long as they do their job - play their roles, the Cs will be fine.  The reality of the situation is they have about the 20th scoring offense and whenever they play athletic teams that are able to take the BIG 3 out of the game or at least limit them then Rondo and Perk are exposed.

Now Krstic will become the leading scorer and Green will be the second leading scorer and they are missing a starting center and their two best bench players but somehow they are not up for the challenge.

The real problem is that whenever they play a good defensive team they really struggle.... why?  they have a point guard that forces them to play 4 against 5 and they are missing their starting center who is the second best center in the east.

The Cs at least have the quality when healthy.  I think if they can get Shaq, Baby, and West back and have a few games under their belt before the playoffs then they would have their original starting 5 this year, they would have two pretty good back up point guards - Arroyo and West, and Baby to come off the bench to backup KG. 

West, Baby, Green, and Krstic has got to be considered a pretty d amn good second unit.

Then at the end of games West can run the team in tight offensive situations.  Rondo can sit on the bench with a towel over his head and think to himself, I am getting my second ring but I cannot even get on the floor when things are tight, I am vastly overpaid and overrated, but the salvation is I can be a good offense / defense substitution at the end of games.  And just like last night at a crucial point in the game I tried to steal the ball and missed and basically was absent when the key bucket was scored.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

so when he was making all those plays last year in the playoffs at the end of the game, do you think doc was saying "i wish we had delonte rite now?"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

@dudder, your post is not at all relevant to the thread.

addressing the original question, I wish we could sit them for a few games, but I also want to have homecourt advantage against miami, chicago, dallas, lakers (forget about catching san antonio, and no-one else is going to catch us)

the lineups suggested could hold leads in blowouts, but there's no way they could win us any games by themselves.

what we need is some lopsided victories where we can afford to rest our starters for the entire 4th quarter

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from caesarthecat. Show caesarthecat's posts

i would sacrifice the home court issues to give the bid 3 a 2 week holiday before the playoff

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"@dudder, your post is not at all relevant to the thread." Let me guess, he found a way to bring it back to hating on Rondo....what a troll. (I'm guessing because I have him on permanent ignore, I recommend it). 

DaCeltics, proposing a starting lineup with guys who are injured is whackadoo. You do realize that winning games matters as well right? Resting guys and losing tons of games isn't a good idea either. I believe the Celts want and need home court against the Bulls. That will be their main focus, along with resting guys. It won't be one or the other, but a balance, and that's how it should be. As far as the lineups you propose, you won't see them unless you play them in a video game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

If they run out of gas they can always use Red Bull!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: The Big 4 will run out of gas if they don't start getting some games off completely...:
    [QUOTE]It always seems likes the Celtics are jinxed with injuries right before the playoffs, if the past 2 seasons are an indication. WE NEED EVERYONE HEALTHY if we're going to compete with the upper echelon teams in the playoffs. I have a bad feeling it's going to be another letdown. I just don't get a good vibe about this "retooled" Celtics team.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  The injuries to the Celtics this year are very troubling.  Even though we traded Marquis and Semih who were injured we still have quite a few injured players.  If Jermaine isn't back in the next few weeks, he isn't going to be any help in the playoffs this year.   Shaq and Delonte have both been out longer than expected and we need them both. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]" @dudder, your post is not at all relevant to the thread." Let me guess, he found a way to bring it back to hating on Rondo....what a troll. (I'm guessing because I have him on permanent ignore, I recommend it).  DaCeltics, proposing a starting lineup with guys who are injured is whackadoo. You do realize that winning games matters as well right? Resting guys and losing tons of games isn't a good idea either. I believe the Celts want and need home court against the Bulls. That will be their main focus, along with resting guys. It won't be one or the other, but a balance, and that's how it should be. As far as the lineups you propose, you won't see them unless you play them in a video game.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

If you start the guys I suggest it will be beneficial for the team in the long run, and does not reduce the chance of winning as much as you would think.

Opponents don't get charged up to play the Celtics, they get charged up to play the Big 4.

If they know going in that the Big 4 are not playing, they will play down to the level of their comp.

I've seen it a million times, it is human nature.

This gives the lineup I suggested a better chance to win.

This also gives the new ( Wafer, Bradley, West, J.O., Shaq) and newest players (Arroyo, Murphy, Sasha, Green, Stitches) more pressure and responsibilty that you just can't mimic when the Big 4 are there as a crutch.

Sections
Shortcuts