The Big Question... Now!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

The Big Question... Now!

So here we are, right where we wanted to be.  Home court in the playoffs --  against the Knicks?

I've been mouthing the words, I been nagging at the naysayers, I been tryin' to be a true believer, but now it's time for the Celtics to prove it or lose it.

After collectively playing abysmally as a team and as individuals since near after Perk was traded, can the C's flip that switch so many of us have been talking' about and start playing winning basketball again?

To go all the way, all they got to do is win 16 out of a possible 28 games, a winning percentage of .570.  But they got to do it against the best teams left standing.

Did the Perk Trade break their spirit, break their will, or break down the level of talent they need to go all the way?

Is their problem mostly mental or do they lack the talent to go all the way?

How many games will it take to begin to see the answer to these questions?  Or will the questions remain with each subsequent opponent they vanquish?

Tomorow the answers will begin coming.

I confess, I don't have a clue to any of these answers.

I'm completely in a wait-and -see mode.  

But I'm for going all the way!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: The Big Question... Now!

In Response to The Big Question... Now!:
    So here we are, right where we wanted to be.  Home court in the playoffs --  against the Knicks? I've been mouthing the words, I been nagging at the naysayers, I been tryin' to be a true believer, but now it's time for the Celtics to prove it or lose it. After collectively playing abysmally as a team and as individuals since near after Perk was traded, can the C's flip that switch so many of us have been talking' about and start playing winning basketball again? To go all the way, all they got to do is win 16 out of a possible 28 games, a winning percentage of .570.  But they got to do it against the best teams left standing. Did the Perk Trade break their spirit, break their will, or break down the level of talent they need to go all the way? Is their problem mostly mental or do they lack the talent to go all the way? How many games will it take to begin to see the answer to these questions?  Or will the questions remain with each subsequent opponent they vanquish? Tomorow the answers will begin coming. I confess, I don't have a clue to any of these answers. I'm completely in a wait-and -see mode.   But I'm for going all the way!
    Posted by RajonRondowski

How about waiting until you have a clue befoe starting another thread.

Otherwise, whats the point?

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I dont think this is where we wanted to be...3rd seed in the east and like 6th overall... The Knick series is probably the last series we have with HCA.. Far cry from where we wanted to be.

The loss of Shaq (I think for the year) is gonna add stress to this team on the court and psychologically.. Hes not coming back imo... and thats gotta bring some spirits down no matter what they say.

Its up to JON to have the playoffs of his life.... its a long shot but its what we need to happen

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

There will be no problem with KG, Pierce, Allen and even JO. This is their last real shot and they know it.

My concern in Rondo. He is after all, just a kid. He seems to have been very affected by the trade. He is not hurt, and he is not tired, so it must be attitude.

Rondo may not want to turn the switch. Last night on the Celtics show, their were interviews of various players before the play-offs. Last night Rondo stated that "the team was not the same team as last year, and that they could not just throw the switch".

That tells me that he does not believe the Celtics can do it. After such a statement, I think Doc will have a short leash on Rondo. I certainly would.

I can speculate that he has lost confidence, or that he no longer cares to play for Danny and Doc, or that he no longer buys into this Celtic team. What ever his motivation, it is clear that he is very immature.

So lets hope KG helps him find the motivation, or that KG finds a cattle prod, or that West is ready. Otherwise this could be a short play-off season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Well, if they cant throw the switch, we're in deep you-know-what

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Karl, I agree.

I think they can throw the switch, and that what ever happens with Rondo, Doc and the big three will not allow Rondo to stop the team. This is not the regular season when the coach gives his players significant latitude in decision making. This is the real season, and the last shot for these guys. If he still wants to play the brooding child, he will watch much of the play-offs from the bench.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

If the Celtics lose it will be because of inferior talent, not because of Perkins or any other reason.  As fans we can try to psycho-analyze players and try to give a reason for their lack of effort to try to find a reason why the Team lost.  Sometimes there are a lot of reading between the lines on BDC and there is nothing there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: The Big Question... Now!:

There will be no problem with KG, Pierce, Allen and even JO. This is their last real shot and they know it. My concern in Rondo. He is after all, just a kid. He seems to have been very affected by the trade. He is not hurt, and he is not tired, so it must be attitude. Rondo may not want to turn the switch. Last night on the Celtics show, their were interviews of various players before the play-offs. Last night Rondo stated that " the team was not the same team as last year, and that they could not just throw the switch". That tells me that he does not believe the Celtics can do it. After such a statement, I think Doc will have a short leash on Rondo. I certainly would. I can speculate that he has lost confidence, or that he no longer cares to play for Danny and Doc, or that he no longer buys into this Celtic team. What ever his motivation, it is clear that he is very immature. So lets hope KG helps him find the motivation, or that KG finds a cattle prod, or that West is ready. Otherwise this could be a short play-off season.

Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan

-

You know you got it right, going right to the heart of the matter, Rondo.

Hopefully the days off, the rest, helped him get his head on straight and refocus mentally.  He led the team in problems down the stretch and if he decides to play again we have a chance, other wise, not.

J-Kidd said that all the rest he got in the past week was the reason for his good performance last night.

Let's hope it also worked wonders for this entire Celtic team.  No Excuses now.  Time to play ball.

It makes it kind of interesting and a creates a bit of anxiety going into the playoffs because no one seems to know what kind of performance to expect from the C's.

Sections
Shortcuts