The big three are a treasure to be savored this Christmas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

The big three are a treasure to be savored this Christmas

When they all came together for the first time, they created the biggest turn around in NBA history. This year, they keep winning with injured players at every other position. With the potential lock out after this year the fortunes of Celtic Basketball could change dramatically. Lets enjoy them while we can.

Merry Christmas.

While the national media keeps focusing on other big threes, these guys still look pretty good.

Comparison Topic

KG

PP

RA
    Years in the league151216
    Rings111
    1st team All-NBA400
    2nd team All-NBA311
    3rd team All-NBA231
    All Star Starts1100
    All Star Appearances1389
    League MVPs100
    Other League MVP finishes2 -2nd 1- 3rd7th highst fin9th highst fin
    Finals MVPs010
    All Star Game MVPs100
    Defensive Player of Year100
    1st team defensive All-NBA800
    2nd team defensive All-NBA200
    3rd team defensive All-NBA000
    Career Total Points22,68120,29021,430
    Career Total Rebounds12,3635,5534,526
    Career Total Assists4,7793, 4923,845
    Points per game career19.722.420.4
    Rebounds per game career10.86.14.3
    Assists per game career4.23.83.7
    Yrs with 20 pts, 10 rb & 5 ast600
    Yr with over 20 pts per game9810
    Career field goal percentage49.8%44.6%45.1%
    NBA Scoring titles2nd highest fin10
    NBA Rebounding titles200
    Defensive Rebounding titles500
    Clutch Shooting ReputationFairGoodGreat
    3 point shooting %28.2%36.9%39.6%

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: The big three are a treasure to be savored this Christmas

Where did you get that "Comparison Topic" article?

Can you post the link?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

I would say that this is accurate except the most delightful celtic and most underappreciated is Rajon Rondo. Make your headline the "big 4" and I'm with you one thousand percent.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: The big three are a treasure to be savored this Christmas:
    I would say that this is accurate except the most delightful celtic and most underappreciated is Rajon Rondo. Make your headline the "big 4" and I'm with you one thousand percent.
    Posted by greenkillme

That's because you're missing what he's trying to tell other Celtic fans. 

"Other League MVP finishes"? Have you ever heard of a stat like that outside this board?

"Clutch Shooting Reputation"? Really?

And "Yrs with 20pts, 10 rebs, & 5 asts" is clearly his way of saying that among the Big 3 KG is the best.

In another thread Jump-ball-overtime/TeamUbuntu/NoraG1 posted an article that was written in December 22, 2007 and made it look like that it was contemporary. I mean this guy is a sham. He will even use 3 different accounts to argue with you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Happy new year!

Statistics were taken from basketballreference.com

The opinion relating to clutch shooting was my own.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

I missed a stat.

Career free through percentage

Allen 0.894
    Pierce 0.803
    Garnett 0.786

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Happy new year! Statistics were taken from basketballreference.com The opinion relating to clutch shooting was my own.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime

How about the 20-10-5 stats, can you give us the link?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

"Ha Ha"

Same reference, look it up. All three are great players. live with it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

"Ha Ha" Same reference, look it up. All three are great players. live with it.

I agree, all 3 are great players. But since you admitted to adding that "Clutch Shooting Reputation" category to the mix, I just want to know if the category "20-10-5" also exists. I can't seem to find it in basketballreference.com.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Well,  it may take some work, however, I am sure that even you can pull up the statistics from the volume of information available on that web site. First look up each of the players, and tally the numbers. All three players are great, however, some perform better than other in some categories. For example, Ray Allen is better at three point shooting and free through shooting than either KG or Paul. I also believe that both Paul and Ray are better than KG at clutch shooting, however, that is only an opinion.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoraG1. Show NoraG1's posts

In Response to Re: The big three are a treasure to be savored this Christmas : That's because you're missing what he's trying to tell other Celtic fans.  "Other League MVP finishes"? Have you ever heard of a stat like that outside this board? "Clutch Shooting Reputation"? Really? And "Yrs with 20pts, 10 rebs, & 5 asts" is clearly his way of saying that among the Big 3 KG is the best. In another thread Jump-ball-overtime/TeamUbuntu/NoraG1 posted an article that was written in December 22, 2007 and made it look like that it was contemporary. I mean this guy is a sham. He will even use 3 different accounts to argue with you.
    Posted by P34

Well if more then one person disagrees with you it must be because they have multiple accounts then I saw more then one account that could be pointed to you as well lol. If he is such a 'sham' why are you responding to everything he says? How about ignoring him which is what the best thing to do with people you supposedly think are 'shams' Why should you care then?  By the amount of posts you clearly care what he says lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Well,  it may take some work, however, I am sure that even you can pull up the statistics from the volume of information available on that web site. First look up each of the players, and tally the numbers. All three players are great, however, some perform better than other in some categories. For example, Ray Allen is better at three point shooting and free through shooting than either KG or Paul. I also believe that both Paul and Ray are better than KG at clutch shooting, however, that is only an opinion.

That's what I meant, it's not there because you were the one who came up with that idea.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: The big three are a treasure to be savored this Christmas : Well if more then one person disagrees with you it must be because they have multiple accounts then I saw more then one account that could be pointed to you as well lol. If he is such a 'sham' why are you responding to everything he says? How about ignoring him which is what the best thing to do with people you supposedly think are 'shams' Why should you care then?  By the amount of posts you clearly care what he says lol
    Posted by NoraG1

You have 24 posts since 2008, majority are found in the KG vs. Gasol thread. Guess you could say that your credibility is an issue here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Your adjenda  is one sided.

This is a statistic that has been used by sports writers to compare players in the past, so it was included in the first document, like number of years with 20 point scoring averages. If you have other topics, let me know, and I will include them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoraG1. Show NoraG1's posts

In Response to Re: The big three are a treasure to be savored this Christmas : You have 24 posts since 2008, more than half are found in the KG vs. Gasol thread. Guess you could say that your credibility is an issue here.
    Posted by P34

I never called anyone a fraud or a sham. I don't think that people that  disagree with a point I make are 'using multiple accounts' I just point the ridiculousness of saying people have multiple accounts if there more then one person disagreeing with you.  I suppose it happens but unless you have concrete proof it is kind of silly. So because I have not posted since 2008 I have credibility issues. I didn't know there was some sort of system in place for supposed 'credibility' This is laughable.  There are other message boards around. What are you the king of the message board?  LOL

This is a waste of time. I am going to find something useful to do with my time. Could be another reason my post count is so low.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Your adjenda  is one sided. This is a statistic that has been used by sports writers to compare players in the past, so it was included in the first document, like number of years with 20 point scoring averages. If you have other topics, let me know, and I will include them.

While it's true that it has been used by sports writers to compare players in the past, the problem is you can't use those stats when comparing players with different positions. Pierce is a SF and Ray is a SG, the 20 ppg, 10 rpg, and 5 apg category doesn't apply to them. You expect KG to average 10 assists per game?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: The big three are a treasure to be savored this Christmas : I never called anyone a fraud or a sham. I don't think that people that  disagree with a point I make are 'using multiple accounts' I just point the ridiculousness of saying people have multiple accounts if there more then one person disagreeing with you.  I suppose it happens but unless you have concrete proof it is kind of silly. So because I have not posted since 2008 I have credibility issues. I didn't know there was some sort of system in place for supposed 'credibility' This is laughable.  There are other message boards around. What are you the king of the message board?  LOL This is a waste of time. I am going to find something useful to do with my time. Could be another reason my post count is so low.
    Posted by NoraG1

I called Jump a sham because it's true. Using an article that was written 3 years ago to justify his argument is a SHAM!

You say it's a waste of time replying to my posts. If that's the case then why do you keep replying to my posts and keep defending what Jump says?

And why are you so concerned about Jump-ball-overtime/TeamUbuntu, is he your boyfriend?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: The big three are a treasure to be savored this Christmas : Well if more then one person disagrees with you it must be because they have multiple accounts then I saw more then one account that could be pointed to you as well lol. If he is such a 'sham' why are you responding to everything he says? How about ignoring him which is what the best thing to do with people you supposedly think are 'shams' Why should you care then?  By the amount of posts you clearly care what he says lol
    Posted by NoraG1

At first I thought the argument was legit, but when Tachometrix discovered that Jump's article was written 3 years ago it became clear that Jump is a SHAM!

You tell me to put Jump on ignore, do you always put everybody you argue with on ignore?

It's hard to ignore someone that says fans "sit up" when watching KG destroy Vince Carter in an All-Star game. You do sit ups when watching NBA games?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Wow,

Since I created this thread to show all of the statistics of the big three and show their strengths, it makes sense to mention accomplishments of all types. As I said, all stats are welcome. What else would you add?

They are great together, may it continue beyond this year.

Besides my opinion that Ray and Paul are better clutch shooters than KG, all of the stats are not controversial.

I am sorry that you find it offensive. Maybe you should examine your own motives, and behavior.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Wow, Since I created this thread to show all of the statistics of the big three and show their strengths, it makes sense to mention accomplishments of all types. As I said, all stats are welcome. What else would you add? They are great together, may it continue beyond this year. Besides my opinion that Ray and Paul are better clutch shooters than KG, all of the stats are not controversial. I am sorry that you find it offensive. Maybe you should examine your own motives, and behavior.

So much for your motives and behavior.

"Thats it, isn't it! If KG is a great player, then it diminishes Pierce's contribution!"

Re: CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE KG VS. GASOL

posted at 12/22/2010 8:32 PM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=703f6c390d1505b17f3f17962a58eba4&plckUserId=703f6c390d1505b17f3f17962a58eba4">
    First: 1/25/2010
    Last: 12/27/2010
    Thank you, I think?

This the third time on this thread that you have tried to make things personal.

I think what has been bothering me for a while is that you jump on any positive comment about KG. Statements that you have made like ... stupid, and ridiculous have been proven to be wrong. Why? I think you are a Celtic fan and I know you are a Pierce fan.

Thats it, isn't it! If KG is a great player, then it diminishes Pierce's contribution!

Wow, that is low..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

GREAT POST  AND AN AWESOME COMPARISON TABLE

This Big 3 is so underrated http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnEgHEEo21o&feature=related

KG , PP , RA are gonna be together at least 5 years

the first 3 have been beyond all expectations....

Whether Danny makes a deadline trade or stands pat with this roster, he has assembled a 15 man roster of impressive talent

I'd love to see Josh Howard and Nick Young in green...

what do you people think ?

PS: AND CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS PIC ??? KG WEARING #12 ??????????????

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Thanks

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Thanks

HAHAHA!!!

Fishing for compliments, are we?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

No,... responding to a compliment.

...hard to take isn't it.

...jealous?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

No,... responding to a compliment. ...hard to take isn't it. ...jealous?

Nah, you deserve the credit because you actually fooled someone into thinking you didn't manipulate the facts.

It's really not that hard to figure you out. You collect stats from basketballreference.com, then you manipulate the stats by adding or making categories that you just made up. It's what I call subtle manipulation. 

Sections
Shortcuts