The 'blow it up' route taken from four known rumors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The 'blow it up' route taken from four known rumors

RUMORS

At the draft:

1. Green and pick 16 to the Wiz for Ariza and pick #3

2. Rondo (and Melo) to the Pelican's for pick #6, Greivis Vasquez (plus Robin Lopez and Jason Smith to make the $ work) 

After July 1st:

1. KG (and Terry) to the Clippers for DeAndre Jordan and Eric Bledsoe (esp if Karl is their coach)

2. Pierce and his 15.3m option to Golden State (with Lee, for Biedrins/Rich Jeff expiring 20m, a lotto protected future 1st rd pick and Draymond Green)

Everything not in parenthesis is a known rumor, everything in the parenthesis is my idea of how the rumor would have to be completed to make the $ work and be fair for both sides

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: The 'blow it up' route taken from four known rumors

All that sheds the Celtics TONS, I mean TONS of future cash, plus makes them a lotto team in a very top heavy '14 draft full of super athletic SF types

With pick #3 I take Whoever is there between Oladipo and McLemore. I feel the Magic are drafting one of them.

With pick #6 I take whoever is there between Bennett and Zeller. Both would pair nicely with Sully when Bass is gone. Zeller can swing over and play some 5 b/c he is 7'. Bennett can play away from the paint as a SF.

C - Jordan, Lopez (shoots decent FT's, good to pair with Jordan)

PF - Sully, Bass (for now) and Zeller/Bennett

SF - Draymond Green and Ariza (exp contract/trade bait)

SG - McLemore/Oladipo and Avery

PG - Bledsoe and Vasquez (pairs well w/ Avery b/c he is 6'6")

Crawford and Jason Smith are also still on the team and are deadline trade bait with Bass and Ariza to contenders.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The above team is weakest at SF. Ariza is a free agent deserving of a contender and D. Green has a ceiling as a very good backup 6th-8th man. Enter Andrew Wiggins, the next LeBron/Melo/Durant type talent, who awaits in the 2014 draft.

Even if the ping pongs don't favor us (again) the '14 draft is FULL of other HS seniors such as Jabari Parker, Julius Randle, Wayne Selden and Noah Vonleh who are all SF's or combo forwards. Glenn Robinson III appears to be a tremendous telent at SF who helped Michigan reach the title game. One of those 6 guys will be there for the now lotto bound Celtics.

The above team will peak in a 3 year rebuilding period with 2 more high lotto picks added, so by 2015-16. At that time LeBron will be 31 and strating his fall (he'll still be tremendous though) while Bosh (32) and especially Wade (34) will be pulling Ray and KG breakdowns 2009-2012 style. The C's will have a team of TEN 21-27 year olds, half top 7 and the other half top 21 picks.

If the team had Wiggins they could contend for the title by then. They will also make a big run at Kevin Love or Paul George or lesser talents like LaMarcus Aldridge and Carmelo Anthony when they are free agents after the 2015 season.

BAM! team rebuilt and FUN to watch

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

RUMORS

At the draft:

1. Green and pick 16 to the Wiz for Ariza and pick #3

2. Rondo (and Melo) to the Pelican's for pick #6, Greivis Vasquez (plus Robin Lopez and Jason Smith to make the $ work) 

After July 1st:

1. KG (and Terry) to the Clippers for DeAndre Jordan and Eric Bledsoe (esp if Karl is their coach)

2. Pierce and his 15.3m option to Golden State (with Lee, for Biedrins/Rich Jeff expiring 20m, a lotto protected future 1st rd pick and Draymond Green)

Everything not in parenthesis is a known rumor, everything in the parenthesis is my idea of how the rumor would have to be completed to make the $ work and be fair for both sides

#1 could make sense for the Wizards, though I doubt Aunge would see it that way.

#2 may work salary wise, but why in the WORLD would NO  send #6 pick, TWO starters and a NBA backup to Boston for Rondo (off knee injury) and the #12 pick?.....I doubt there are any GM's that stupid in the NBA now (we aint geting Parish and McHale for Joe Barry Carroll again).

the clippers deal I could see happening, but rememebr KG has a no trade clause.

but Lee , Green AND a future #1 pick for Pierce!!!!

makes the NO deal look like a fair trade.

I do enjoy reading your off season ideas...so don;t take me wrong here. But  we all have to realize that other GM's are NOT Celtics fans.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anguskahn. Show anguskahn's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

All that sheds the Celtics TONS, I mean TONS of future cash, plus makes them a lotto team in a very top heavy '14 draft full of super athletic SF types

With pick #3 I take Whoever is there between Oladipo and McLemore. I feel the Magic are drafting one of them.

With pick #6 I take whoever is there between Bennett and Zeller. Both would pair nicely with Sully when Bass is gone. Zeller can swing over and play some 5 b/c he is 7'. Bennett can play away from the paint as a SF.

C - Jordan, Lopez (shoots decent FT's, good to pair with Jordan)

PF - Sully, Bass (for now) and Zeller/Bennett

SF - Draymond Green and Ariza (exp contract/trade bait)

SG - McLemore/Oladipo and Avery

PG - Bledsoe and Vasquez (pairs well w/ Avery b/c he is 6'6")

Crawford and Jason Smith are also still on the team and are deadline trade bait with Bass and Ariza to contenders.

the problem is...that team isnt even close to a contender.  whats the point of making all those trades to not be a contender?  Jordan, sully, D Green are all 7th or 8th men off the bench on a championship team.  if you dont have 2-3 players better that Bledsoe and Mclemore than it isnt a championship team.  Look how far the Clippers went with Jordan and Bledsoe.  they have Paul and Griffin and havent sniffed the finals.  And you think starting their castoffs is going to get us anywhere?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

The Clips aren't going to do that deal either I don't think.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Nice idea .... if we blow it up this is exactly what it should look like. I agree with others about New Orleans. I think Rondos value is that high but it might need to wait to the deadline so there are no injury discounts. But on top of that the pelicans are not a Rondo away from competing so I'm not sure they pull that trigger.

Also I wouldn't underestimate how long it takes even star talent to develop in the NBA. Need I remind you Lebooboo just got his first title last year after like 8 years in the league?? Durant , Melo no titles... Really your best 3 players realistically need to be in the 28-30 range with a combined 20+ years in the league to really compete.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I think Green's better than anyone we would get with the 3rd pick.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

As many of you know, I'm all in favor of blowing it up.  I actually think that in the climate of today's NBA, it is necessary to do so.  I think the lakers will find this out as well, and they have been very good for a long time.  The Heat?  If they lose this year (and I HOPE they do), then look for "big" changes.....like maybe even Bosh for Gasol type changes.

My only problem is Danny promised us he wouldn't let what happened to the original Big 3 happen here.........like trading Bird to IND and McHale to ...(MN?), and yet, he has failed two years in a row to pull the trigger......

Now, PP and KG are literally holding us hostage, and Danny has his hands tied.  Who really wants Bass, Lee or Terry?  Rondo is a good chip, but he can't ask for the world......

It's frustrating, but I do like Rame's ideas.

Also heard ORL is looking to deal the #2 pick......not sure if I would do that, but I am a big advocate of having multiple picks either this year or next!

Bill Russell won more NBA titles with the Boston Celtics than Wilt, Kareem and Shaq COMBINED did as Lakers!!

No Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - 2-1 vs majic- last word!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I posted the below in Keep the Team intack but get 2 acqusitions as i feel it is a good copy & paste here and a different opinion on "Blow it Up". Don't forget, we got to the playoffs with the aging KG & PP and no Center and no Rondo.

I don't mean that we need keep PP & KG for loyalty sake. But I feel if we had had a strong presence in the post, KG was not enough and losing Perk only affected us in 2010 and maybe 2011 but not 2012 as Perk deteriorated, we'd been strong contenders.

I do not know how we can get a Big Man without trading Rondo. But with a Howard, Gasol, Cousins, Hibbert, healthy Bynum etc. and a scorer because we lost Allen & Terry is not dependable like Redick, we could compete with the older PP & KG next year & Sully back too & maybe Melo develops.

But we will need a point guard..can a rookie draft pick do it ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

love those ideas. its the kind of bold moves we need to do to turn this franchise around.

would be a great way to turn things around.

doubt all or any will happen though, as they make way too much sense for us.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[/QUOTE]

#1 could make sense for the Wizards, though I doubt Aunge would see it that way.

#2 may work salary wise, but why in the WORLD would NO  send #6 pick, TWO starters and a NBA backup to Boston for Rondo (off knee injury) and the #12 pick?.....I doubt there are any GM's that stupid in the NBA now (we aint geting Parish and McHale for Joe Barry Carroll again).

the clippers deal I could see happening, but rememebr KG has a no trade clause.

but Lee , Green AND a future #1 pick for Pierce!!!!

makes the NO deal look like a fair trade.

I do enjoy reading your off season ideas...so don;t take me wrong here. But  we all have to realize that other GM's are NOT Celtics fans.

[/QUOTE]

1. If Ainge was going to blow it up I bet turning pick 16 into pick 3 is well worth Green. who is 27 and owed 29 million the next 3 years as the point of a blowup is to be less competitive in the short run and clear cap space, both of which Green is a huge hinderance. He has no place on this team w/o Rondo.

2. Rondo is a superstar, the Pelican's need an alpha dog, a known 'name' and a guy who will get the ball to Gordon/Anderson and help the 'brow set a tone on defense. They would be a SF away from being a scary team for the 2014-15 season and then would be the type of frnachise who would give Rondo the mega-max 5 year deal. I doubt Ainge wants to do that.

3. KG should waive his no-trade to go home to Malibu if PP is gone and the team has just traded Rondo and Green at draft time.

4. Please read, it is not GS's DAVID LEE coming to us. It is our COURTNEY LEE going to them. Courtney of the 16 million over the next 3 years salary and completely worthless to a rebuilding team with Avery and one of Oladipo/McLemore at SG.

Draymond Green and a draft pick for Paul Pierce and the clearing of 8-10 million in salary after 2014 is pretty fair at this point in PP's career. And he goes home to Cali to be a glue guy veteran leader for an exciting young playoff team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Nice idea .... if we blow it up this is exactly what it should look like. I agree with others about New Orleans. I think Rondos value is that high but it might need to wait to the deadline so there are no injury discounts. But on top of that the pelicans are not a Rondo away from competing so I'm not sure they pull that trigger.

Also I wouldn't underestimate how long it takes even star talent to develop in the NBA. Need I remind you Lebooboo just got his first title last year after like 8 years in the league?? Durant , Melo no titles... Really your best 3 players realistically need to be in the 28-30 range with a combined 20+ years in the league to really compete.

If the Hornets deal is not likely how about:

Rondo and Bass to the Kings for pick #7, Salmons (exp contract) and Jason Thompson?

Rondo is a buddy of Cousins based on their KU ties, RR is one of the better options as an NBA PG  who can control and get the best of him. He is also a known name for a franchise trying to get support and ticket sales going as the team managed to stay in Sacramento.

Salmons is their only SF though, and Bass adds salary to a position with 2 PF's already. The C's could take Jimmer and Chuck Hayes instead of him, adding 8 million in salary, but its gone gone by 2015, the first year they'd look to be FA players anyhow (Love, Aldridge). If we had Jimmer I'd take Oladipo at #3.

Thompson is someone I like more than Lopez. If we got Salmons he is someone who can be moved at the deadline to a contender for a future late 1st rd pick. Bennett should be gone by pick #7 but Zeller should be there (Pelicans will pick Len or Burke). Zeller is a decent 75% FT who can play stretch 5 when DeAndre Jordan sits and add the height and 20 foot jumper at PF that Sully lacks. His hustle and enthusiasm for the game would make him a fan favorite.

Despite the blowup this team would have multiple blue collar guys the fan base would just love. Avery, Oladipo (if we take him over McLemore), Sully, Draymond Green, Zeller and Thompson.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

The Clips aren't going to do that deal either I don't think.

They might at least do DeAndre Jordan and a future 1st for KG.

I heard the Magic might not see Burke as worthy of the #2 pick and target Bledsoe. They could take McLemore or Oladipo and trade Afflalo for Bledsoe.