The Bulls Just Made it Worse

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Re: The Bulls Just Made it Worse

Well, at least it gives the Celtics a realistic view of how they need to re-tool for next year.  We'll never know what would have happened had we not had SO many injuries ALL year.  But I see us keeping maybe half our guys (Core 4, West, Green, maybe JO and/or Krstic) then upgrading everywhere else.  At least the Bulls have demonstrated to us the urgency of doing that.  We could easily be a championship caliber team next year because of this wake-up call.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Stop being doom and gloom fierce

You think the heat are so bad they lose this series in 4-5?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

watever man. im happy to see the heat lose. besides don't you know its all about match ups? how one team plays against another has no real connection to how they played or would have played against someone else.

Good for D-Rose and Chicago. They played great team basketball.

I still believe we could have beat the bulls. I just think the Bulls match up better vs the heat.

watching the heat get dunked on was very enjoyable for me at least. i hope miami never has any joy for as long as those guys are there. lose and lose again and again and again. couldnt care less how we look.

last i checked, theres no trophy for losing to the eventuall champ, sooooo GO CHICACO!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Don't write off The Heat yet.

Boston blew us apart in game one in 1985 by 34 points. One big win doesn't necessarily mean the series is over.

That said I hope Chicago go on and win this series.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I remember watching that game as an 11 year old, and it's all the more impressive that you're aware of it given your young age.  I can assure you, the Celtics were never in that series again.  Sometimes the worst thing that can happen to a team is to win a blow-out early in the series.  The Lakers had clobbered the Celtics by similar margins in games 1 and 3 the year before...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Yeah, not only that but the Bulls were so much quicker getting to loose balls, getting to the rim, and moving the ball around the half-court that it basically negated Miami's perimeter defense which stifled the Celts.

As DA & Doc said post mortem, we just weren't quick in any facet of the game. A sure sign of how much offseason work has to be done by the FO.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Re: The Bulls Just Made it Worse:
    I remember watching that game as an 11 year old, and it's all the more impressive that you're aware of it given your young age.  I can assure you, the Celtics were never in that series again.  Sometimes the worst thing that can happen to a team is to win a blow-out early in the series.  The Lakers had clobbered the Celtics by similar margins in games 1 and 3 the year before...
    Posted by MsLithium21

Watched those 80's Lakers V Celtics games alot on Video when I was really young. Dad's idea of child minding/appropriate TV was watching old Celtics/Lakers games on video. From a young age I just liked those two guys who wore the goggles, one in particular Cool.

That's true about blow outs. The Celtics rebounded from the game 3 blow out in 1984. Still am surprised how we came back after game one in 1985. Obviously a much more mentally strong Lakers team than our current group.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Really dumb thread...

Lets see, since the BUlls beat the Heat by 20, that means the Celtics are alot worse off than anybody thought... you must be a decendent of Albert Einsteins...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Re: The Bulls Just Made it Worse : The Bulls didn't win because they shot well, Bulls were just 43.7% from the field, they blew out the Heat because they got 19 offensive rebounds. No rebounds, no rings! Hard to disagree with Pat Riley on that one.
    Posted by Fiercest34

19 offensive boards is a huge number.

Just looked at the stats, Noah did extremely well with 8 offensive rebounds. He's hot and a good player! What more can anyone want?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: The Bulls Just Made it Worse : 19 offensive boards is a huge number. Just looked at the stats, Noah did extremely well with 8 offensive rebounds. He's hot and a good player! What more can anyone want?
    Posted by RUWorthy

What did you mean by "hot"?

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: The Bulls Just Made it Worse : Dumb thread? Maybe you didn't understand the thread.  Noah, Boozer, and Gibson did what KG, JO, and Big Baby couldn't do, control the paint by grabbing rebounds.  The Miami Heat only have a 6'9 Joel Anthony and Chris Bosh as frontcourt players, Lebron played some PF against the Celts. Why can't the Celts take advantage of that? Is that really a dumb question? 
    Posted by Fiercest34

THis thread that you started wasnt posed as a question. It was your statement that the Heat losing to the BUlls was all you needed to know that the C's arent championship caliber.

..and yes, it still remains a dumb thread cause when  the Bulls defeat the HEat in game 1... not many even slightly sophisticated observers would extrapolate that to mean the Celtics arent championship caliber..  

I can easily explain how silly this is  but I think you knew this all along.... at least I hope you did..  You must be looking for reactions.. is that what keeps you going?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from renecito713. Show renecito713's posts

One of the key differences that I saw last night compared to the celtics series was, no surprise, young legs. A few times I saw a pass get broken up, the ball went flying in the air, and wade or some other heat player would jump for it. Against the celtics, that would almost certainly be a quick in transition dunk for the heat. Against the bulls, luol deng ended up jumping with wade and getting the ball. JO maybe a great shot blocker but he's not quick and athletic. He can't get up after it like Noah. Noah was a beast out there. 

Basically, the Heat beat us because Lebron and Dwayne were way too young and athletic for us. Well, the Bulls match them on young athleticism. And the Bulls have an actual team. A good team.

If this series goes to 6 games I'll be surprised. Bulls in 5.

PS: How awesome was it to see Wade get posterized by Gibson????

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to The Bulls Just Made it Worse:
    By beating the Heat convincingly the Bulls just told us all that the Celts are not a championship caliber team anymore.  The Bulls won the rebounding battle, 45-33 and the Bulls got 19 offensive rebounds! They even held Lebron and Wade to less than 20 pts each.  What the Celts should have done, control the rebounds and limit Lebron and Wade's output, the Bulls did and they ended up winning!
    Posted by Fiercest34

The Bulls had a much better defensive effort than the Celtics.  They really limited the points of LeBron and Wade in this game.  Defense wins championships and the Celtics didn't play the same level of defense than the Bulls did.  Do agree with you about the rebounding.  It has been a problem for the Celtics for a few years. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Before Game 1 of the Heat/Bulls series there were a lot of people here that believed that Celts lost because Rondo was injured. After the Bulls dominated the Heat it is very clear that if you control the rebounds you control the game. The Celts have been exposed, Karllost! They only managed to win one game against the Heat because they couldn't rebound against a 6'9 Joel Anthony and a soft Chris Bosh!
    Posted by Fiercest34

So if you know that rebounding was the issue... as you pointed out with your many exclamation points... I need you to explain something to me..

Why did you need the BUlls to beat the HEat to know this?

Have fun

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: The Bulls Just Made it Worse : Many of the fans here used Rondo's excuse for the Celts losing to the Heat. There were those that said the Celts couldn't score. Some even blame the refs. I'm tired of the excuses. If the Celts players did their jobs and took advantage of a small Heat frontcourt the Celts would have returned to Boston leading the series 3-2.  The Bulls just emphasized that! That if you control the rebounds and the paint you will win the game convincingly!  KG is a 7-footer and JO is a big 6-11 Center, compare that to a 232 lbs Noah and a barely 6'9 Carlos Boozer and you'll realize that both KG and JO failed!
    Posted by Fiercest34

Why did you need the Bulls to beat the HEat to know this?

Sections
Shortcuts