The Bulls Just Made it Worse

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: The Bulls Just Made it Worse

Fierce,
    I am usually with you, we were injured and not at full strength so how were you so surprised that we didn't rebound.  Shaq gave nothing, BBD gained twenty five pounds(Tommy H. on the last postgame show said BBD had gotten heavy by at least 25 pounds and stopped rebounding and playing defense),

You know what else happened KG got tired and even the other two played way too many minutes due to injuries.  We as Ainge said should have won games four and five.  Our point guard was crippled.  All adds up to a less than competitive team against the Heat.  We would have had more  rebounds these issues just sunk us.

Ainge has a plan, and while he made a poor choice we all know they have to get younger. They will.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Our starting front line didnt get abused , but our bench didnt show up and thats the difference.  Not hard to see

Chicago is getting great play from guys like Taj Gibson who stepped up and showed the Heat they  werent gonna lay down, while we had stiffs like Baby that we had to rely on....and on top of that our starters are old and the bulls have players all in their prime.

The sad part is we could have won despite all that, but Doc stuck with guys who didnt do zilch.  Its obvious Kristic could have had an impact like Asir(sp) but he only got minutes in the close out game after Shaq failed.  Doc relied too much on Shaq coming back instead of continuing to develop Kristic, Green, Pav, etc...so we went down quick playing only 7 guys and 2 of them not giving much...smh

The bulls are more athletic but the main thing they have is an athletic, husting big man at center, and we had 3 slow aging centers by committee who couldnt do collectively what one guys does in chicago...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Re: The Bulls Just Made it Worse:
    In Response to Re: The Bulls Just Made it Worse : What did you mean by "hot"?
    Posted by Karllost

He's a very hot guy. Always thought that when I saw him playing with The Gators. 

I wouldn't mind travelling around Europe with him for a few months Smile

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: The Bulls Just Made it Worse : He's a very hot guy. Always thought that when I saw him playing with The Gators.  I wouldn't mind travelling around Europe with him for a few months
    Posted by RUWorthy

Would you still feel that way if he operated a hot dog stand?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

One of the key differences that I saw last night compared to the celtics series was, no surprise, young legs. A few times I saw a pass get broken up, the ball went flying in the air, and wade or some other heat player would jump for it. Against the celtics, that would almost certainly be a quick in transition dunk for the heat. Against the bulls, luol deng ended up jumping with wade and getting the ball. JO maybe a great shot blocker but he's not quick and athletic. He can't get up after it like Noah. Noah was a beast out there.  Basically, the Heat beat us because Lebron and Dwayne were way too young and athletic for us. Well, the Bulls match them on young athleticism. And the Bulls have an actual team. A good team. If this series goes to 6 games I'll be surprised. Bulls in 5. PS: How awesome was it to see Wade get posterized by Gibson????
    Posted by renecito713

spot on...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from frommaine. Show frommaine's posts

I haven't read this whole thread but there is one thing that the Celtics lost this year and the Bulls had it, that's Tom Thibodeau.  I just didn't see the same devensive intensity with the Celtics this year, especially with the guys who came in later and I think that is a direct result of losing Tom.  He also wasn't there in game situations where there is too much going on for the head coach to handle.  And I think many of us have had questions with some of Doc's game decisions.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gocharles. Show gocharles's posts

It looks like Thib was the real Matermind behind the Celtics all along. Just my opinion.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

In Response to Re: The Bulls Just Made it Worse : 4 out of 5 of Doc Rivers' starters are 32 years old or older. 4 out of 5 of Thib's starters are 29 years old or younger. Still not clear?  
    Posted by Fiercest34

Here is what is clear. The Celtics sold their souls 4 years ago for a championship run with three aging veterans. We won one, could have won two and injuries bit us in the rear end the other two  years. That is what happens when you have veterans. We weren't a good rebounding team all year and were one game behind the #2 seed Heat. You can use any stat to prove a point if you scream it long enough and if you don't think at this stage that Gibson, Noah and Boozer aren't better than JO, BBD and KG you are losing it. When you have almost zero good youth at a swing or power forward position you are in trouble. We had neither. By the way, the Heat were the worst offensive rebouding team in the league. Are they still playing. It isn't the only important stat line.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

In Response to Re: The Bulls Just Made it Worse : Hindsight is always Barbara Walters territory. Come on, even you would have to admit that before the season started there was no way you would have thought that Noah, Boozer, and Gibson were better players than KG, JO, and Davis. Of course right now we know Noah, Boozer, and Gibson are better because it's obvious. The Heat are 9th in the NBA in rebounding this season at 42.15 rebounds per game. While the Celts are 29th in rebounding at 38.79 rebounds per game.  Tell me, when was the last time an NBA champion averaged less than 40 rebounds per game?
    Posted by Fiercest34

JO was hurt right? How old is Kevin? C'mon BBD? The guy doesn't defend on the perimeter and is too small to defend in the paint. He has zero lift on blocking shots. No, for out and out hustle, youth and post play. I would have taken the Bulls. I am as big as Celtic fan as anyone, but I can see this. I think with a full training camp that Jeff Green will surprise.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

In Response to Re: The Bulls Just Made it Worse : I'm talking about October 2010, not May 2011. Back then JO wasn't hurt. Most of the fans here had the Bulls as the 4th or 5th seed heading into this season. Nobody here believed the Bulls would be this good back then. You just started posting on March 3, 2011. So I can't know for sure what you had to say about the Bulls back in October 2010. Jeff Green is good a player. How good that remains to be seen. We will find out next season.  
    Posted by Fiercest34

In October 2010, both Noah and Boozer were hurt or hurting.  It is only important in April through June 2011. I just can't believe you don't think that Boozer and Noah are better than BBD and JO at his age. Kevin has shown inconsistencies for the last two years. I'm not saying I don't love the guy but we are living in the now, not October 2010. I'm also sorry, but at this point, I would take Noah or Boozer for KG and run.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

IM pretty sure if Rose broke his elbow and if Noah had a broken foot they'd lose to the Heat as well

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: The Bulls Just Made it Worse : He's a very hot guy. Always thought that when I saw him playing with The Gators.  I wouldn't mind travelling around Europe with him for a few months
    Posted by RUWorthy

REALLY?!?!!?  He's not quite in Hedo Turkoglu territory, but he's pretty damn ugly judging by looks alone

I can almost live with Luke Walton being better looking than me, but Joakim Noah is terrible looking.

Talented basketball player, but he hit most of the branches of the ugly tree on the way down.

I respectfully disagree with you.  Strongly.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Re: The Bulls Just Made it Worse : REALLY?!?!!?  He's not quite in Hedo Turkoglu territory, but he's pretty damn ugly judging by looks alone I can almost live with Luke Walton being better looking than me, but Joakim Noah is terrible looking. Talented basketball player, but he hit most of the branches of the ugly tree on the way down. I respectfully disagree with you.  Strongly.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

Granted he isn't the best looking player out there. But he's hot in my eyes. He'd be a lot of fun to be around. Reminds me a lot of one of my friends boyfriends. He's a unique and wonderful guy, reckon that Joakim would be the same.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: The Bulls Just Made it Worse : REALLY?!?!!?  He's not quite in Hedo Turkoglu territory, but he's pretty damn ugly judging by looks alone I can almost live with Luke Walton being better looking than me, but Joakim Noah is terrible looking. Talented basketball player, but he hit most of the branches of the ugly tree on the way down. I respectfully disagree with you.  Strongly.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

I agree with you about Noah.  He is definitely not nice looking.  He has the nerve to call KG ugly and mean.  He is a great player, but not nice looking.   Their are a number of NBA basketball players that are better looking than him. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Re: The Bulls Just Made it Worse : I agree with you about Noah.  He is definitely not nice looking.  He has the nerve to call KG ugly and mean.  He is a great player, but not nice looking.   Their are a number of NBA basketball players that are better looking than him. 
    Posted by susan250

Maybe Joakim does see Garnett as being ugly and mean. Although I don't think that's true, I see Garnett as being just an extremely intense guy on the basketball court.

Joakim is much better looking than Garnett. Who may well be bald. Not saying I have anything against bald guys as a shaved head can be sexy. But Joakim has beautiful hair, and his smile is sweet.

Plus I'm pretty sure he could get me a game of Tennis at Roland Garros with his dad? I can dream I guess.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

RUWorthy, you seem to have your sights set on your girlfriends boyfriend (Noah clone) ...naughty, naughty..

I once read your post commenting on the Celtics weak bench in the early 80's.. then noticed you are in your mid 20's.  How did you observe this and gain insight to such things before being born? 

Sections
Shortcuts