The Calm Before the Storm!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

The Calm Before the Storm!

Cs fans, all of our questions about the draft, trades, and free agency will soon be answered!

Will K. Love come to Boston? 

Will the Cs trade Rondo?

Will the Cs draft Embiid if he slides? 

Who will the Cs take at 17?

Will the Cs find a way to get a 2nd round pick or two? 

Will the Cs resign AB?

It is going to be a crazy week and then some! Stay tuned!

In DA we trust!

LOVE it!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Re: The Calm Before the Storm!

As long as we don't end up coming away with Randle or McDermott, aka Harrangody 2.0 than Im cool with whatever DA is trying to do.

If the Celtics offer is still the best one available for KLove at draft time, then I think Flip is egotistical/delusional enough to think he can convince Love to stay in Minnesota.  

He seems to only care about his own personal Win/loss record, and taking the rebuild route will hurt that stat for him.  Plus their idiot owner is still but hurt about the last trade making it even less likely. 

Get the Sherman tuned up and dust off those tank helmets, it's going to be a long road.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkiller. Show greenkiller's posts

BSCP wants the Celtics to pick the next Shaq again Fat Sack of potatoes Melo...

BAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to greenkiller's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Not so long ago, it was a "done deal" that Love was going to the lakers.......how's that working out for you?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Embiid and James Young and i'll be a happy C's fan. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to greenkiller's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Versus the Lakers next few weeks - which should entail watching Lebron and Melo sign with other teams!

Wait - at least there is next season to look forward to - watching a 36 yr old Kobe limp his way through another lotto season (with no 1st round picks the following summer)! AND Nash sitting on the bench collecting his 10+ million! 

Thanks Jimmy! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Can't even get Klay for the #7.  The best GM in the league can only try to sneak in and get scraps from another deal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

It's going to be a  long night on draft night for C's fans...I just hope that after Love and "Melo the ball hogging fellow" both go elsewhere that DA can get something decent for Wee Devilman PG!

Then I'd be truly happy...

Rebuild the right way..assets are still assets and you don't have to make a deal NOW just to make a deal NOW, regardless of what some C's fans want... this team is the Celtics...it used to be the universal phrase that meant total domination and excellence from top to bottom regardless of endeavor. We want championships not playoff one and done year after year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KamikazeKnight00. Show KamikazeKnight00's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's going to be a  long night on draft night for C's fans...I just hope that after Love and "Melo the ball hogging fellow" both go elsewhere that DA can get something decent for Wee Devilman PG!

Then I'd be truly happy...

Rebuild the right way..assets are still assets and you don't have to make a deal NOW just to make a deal NOW, regardless of what some C's fans want... this team is the Celtics...it used to be the universal phrase that meant total domination and excellence from top to bottom regardless of endeavor. We want championships not playoff one and done year after year.

[/QUOTE]

You're right about one thing. Trying to build the team that way will not result in a one and done year after year. In fact, we won't even sniff the playoffs for the next 5-10 years at BEST.

it would be a total disaster and I hope Danny is smart enough not to do it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

The anticipation is killing me. I am tired of speculating and trying to guess what da's plan is. What he does on draft night will reveal EVERYTHING. To think that the direction of celtics basketball for the next half decade is going to be pretty much decided on Thursday. 

I have felt the moment the celtics lost the lottery it was time to cash in the chips. I hope a klove trade still happens if not I am hoping for gordon/jusuf nurkic  or marcus smart/tj warren.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The anticipation is killing me. I am tired of speculating and trying to guess what da's plan is. What he does on draft night will reveal EVERYTHING. To think that the direction of celtics basketball for the next half decade is going to be pretty much decided on Thursday. 

I have felt the moment the celtics lost the lottery it was time to cash in the chips. I hope a klove trade still happens if not I am hoping for gordon/jusuf nurkic  or marcus smart/tj warren.

[/QUOTE]

+ 1 hang in there - 3-more days!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I have a feeling it is more like nothing much will be revealed.  We won't even know how good who ever we draft are going to be for at least a year or two more.  Love is not going to happen, the Wolves will take GSW deal first before ours when the time comes, it is a personal thing from KG deal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to scubber's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have a feeling it is more like nothing much will be revealed.  We won't even know how good who ever we draft are going to be for at least a year or two more.  Love is not going to happen, the Wolves will take GSW deal first before ours when the time comes, it is a personal thing from KG deal.

[/QUOTE]

The great thing about July is summer league! We get a glimpse at who the Cs drafted - if they draft at all!

Regarding trades, now that the deal between the Wolves and GSW appears dead - there are only two real suitors for K. Love's services: Cs and Nuggets! Cs have the better offer by far (my opine)!

K. Love might fall in the Cs lap by default!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I agree, we have the best deal available.  If the Wolves want to do the deal, then great, we suddenly turn into a win now team just like they facilitated us 7 years ago.  Look at it other way, this is even worse than last time, they are giving us a very young first team all-star still years away from his prime for picks we got for old KG that they gave us after we have pretty much used him up.  The optics are not good, that is why they won't do it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

I agree, we have the best deal available.  If the Wolves want to do the deal, then great, we suddenly turn into a win now team just like they facilitated us 7 years ago.  Look at it other way, this is even worse than last time, they are giving us a very young first team all-star still years away from his prime for picks we got for old KG that they gave us after we have pretty much used him up.  The optics are not good, that is why they won't do it.

[/QUOTE]

Mass Live

If the Celtics fail to acquire Love, they would of course need to move on to Plan B. You've probably seen Rajon Rondo's comments that he would like to acquire Carmelo Anthony, but it's almost impossible to envision the Knicks star (and likely soon-to-be free agent) turning down options like Chicago or Houston to join a rebuilding team in Boston. The Celtics would likely consider all their options, including a more serious exploration of Rondo's trade value. He intends to test free agency next summer and could feel compelled to leave if Ainge still hasn't stocked the roster with more talent.

The Sacramento Kings have reportedly lusted after Rondo in the past, and could presumably be among the teams looking to swoop in if the Celtics enter a full rebuild. Ask Bill Simmons:

But Ainge indicated he has more options than just landing a big star or turning to a longer-term rebuilding.

“We have more than two different scenarios and two different teams,” Ainge told the Herald. “I mean, there’s five different scenarios at least — and by draft day there may be more like seven or eight scenarios. I know what you mean, but what I’m saying is it’s more than that, and it’s always more than that. It’s not that simple or just two scenarios. There’s the rebuild and stay young, there’s (the) try-to-win-now scenario, and there is in between.”

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In between plan?  While I really don't know what that means but it somehow sounds very cringed worthy to me.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

In between plan?  While I really don't know what that means but it somehow sounds very cringed worthy to me.

[/QUOTE]

Interesting read - AND - can only imagine what an in between plan might consist of! 

Embiid on ice for a year - and back in the lotto?

Deal for Mayo and Sanders and hope Stevens can put them on the right track? 

Ughhhh - is it Thursday yet? LOL 

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Interesting read - AND - can only imagine what an in between plan might consist of! 

Embiid on ice for a year - and back in the lotto?

Deal for Mayo and Sanders and hope Stevens can put them on the right track? 

Ughhhh - is it Thursday yet? LOL 

[/QUOTE]

Larry Sanders is about to enter rehab.

Have you already forgotten about the last time the Celts traded for a player that went to rehab?

[/QUOTE]

It was the only "in-between" scenario I could come up with LOL!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

I'm all in on grabbing Embiid,  sitting on him for the year... hope for Warren with the #17 pick and do this all again(lottery) next year.   

I can wait... don't give it all up in the name of Love. The price is way too high.   Let Sully & Oly develop. 

Would also like to move Rondo to the Lakers and grab Smart or Elfrid Peyton with the #8 pick.

Let's get young and hope we find a few diamonds in the rough... they're out there in this draft... I can feel it!!

Is it Thursday yet?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm all in on grabbing Embiid,  sitting on him for the year... hope for Warren with the #17 pick and do this all again(lottery) next year.   

I can wait... don't give it all up in the name of Love. The price is way too high.   Let Sully & Oly develop. 

Would also like to move Rondo to the Lakers and grab Smart or Elfrid Peyton with the #8 pick.

Let's get young and hope we find a few diamonds in the rough... they're out there in this draft... I can feel it!!

Is it Thursday yet?

[/QUOTE]

+ 1 if it is a rebuild DA will likely make the SMART move!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KamikazeKnight00. Show KamikazeKnight00's posts

Disagree completely with trying the lottery again. We will get screwed again. Then what? You all have not learned your lesson about the lottery yet? Come on.

Sections
Shortcuts