The Celtics 25th pick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

The Celtics 25th pick

I started a discussion a few weeks ago as to why Boston should draft Keith Benson. My belief was that he would make a great replacement to KG. It would be great if Boston were to get him but I can't stop thinking about some of the mistakes that the C's have made in their draft picks in the past like passing up on Deandre Jordan who was expected to be a top 5 pick if he had stayed in college one more year or Tony Parker, a guy who was incredibly young when he started playing in Europe. There are going to be a number of very good players available for Boston at 25. Obviously, Boston has a gaping hole at the 5. Tyler is massive. Most importantly, his play at it's weakest is still stronger than what Boston had at this position this past season and he has tremendous upside. I just hope that Ainge drafts for need/talent and I would be happy if he were to draft Tyler, Vucevic(also a steal), Trey Thompkins, Benson, or Jordan Williams, but Tyler could be a massive steal for Boston. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Ainge were to draft yet another pg. It is also unfortunate that regardless of who is picked, it is unlikely that Doc will give that player much pt.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Re: The Celtics 25th pick

In Response to The Celtics 25th pick:
    [QUOTE]I started a discussion a few weeks ago as to why Boston should draft Keith Benson. My belief was that he would make a great replacement to KG. It would be great if Boston were to get him but I can't stop thinking about some of the mistakes that the C's have made in their draft picks in the past like passing up on Deandre Jordan who was expected to be a top 5 pick if he had stayed in college one more year or Tony Parker, a guy who was incredibly young when he started playing in Europe. There are going to be a number of very good players available for Boston at 25. Obviously, Boston has a gaping hole at the 5. Tyler is massive. Most importantly, his play at it's weakest is still stronger than what Boston had at this position this past season and he has tremendous upside. I just hope that Ainge drafts for need/talent and I would be happy if he were to draft Tyler, Vucevic(also a steal), Trey Thompkins, Benson, or Jordan Williams, but Tyler could be a massive steal for Boston. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Ainge were to draft yet another pg. It is also unfortunate that regardless of who is picked, it is unlikely that Doc will give that player much pt.
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

I agree, I want Ainge to draft Tyler, if he is still there. I have been hearing Reggie Jackson's name, but I hope Ainge does not go with him. We already have Avery Bradley.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I just can't get too excited about this draft and that's a good thing. It wasn't long ago when we Celtic's fans got excited for the possibility of getting a top 1 to 5 pick. Be thankful the C's are winning. High draft picks usually go to poor teams. The only exception obviously is a good team getting a high draft pick from a trade. The C's may very well be in that situation a few years from now with the future 1st round pick they acquired in the Oklohoma City trade.  I may be mistaken but as I recall, the C's future pick from the Clips is protected for a while, but eventually it will be unprotected. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: The Celtics 25th pick:
    [QUOTE]I just can't get too excited about this draft and that's a good thing. It wasn't long ago when we Celtic's fans got excited for the possibility of getting a top 1 to 5 pick. Be thankful the C's are winning. High draft picks usually go to poor teams. The only exception obviously is a good team getting a high draft pick from a trade. The C's may very well be in that situation a few years from now with the future 1st round pick they acquired in the Oklohoma City trade.  I may be mistaken but as I recall, the C's future pick from the Clips is protected for a while, but eventually it will be unprotected. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

Its only un-protected in 2016, thats a long ways to go.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

I would not be surprised if Ainge ends up drafting Reggie Jackson.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Ainge/Papille will screw it up cause they are two of the worst talent evaluators in the league.   I would consider them below the average.   You have to draft well AND know who to keep it you aquire a player.   Even if the C's get a player, they don't know when to keep him.   That is why I consider even their ok players they get is luck.   DA/Papille are already preparing we fans for them to screw up by telling us that most players picked after 20th don't make it.   (Esp if picked by the C's).   Want to see any future Cs draft choice play?   Better get ready to drive to Maine.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Celtics 25th pick : A little birdie tell you that Medusa or is this a chicken prediction?
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

That's the problem with you, you're always attacking other Celtic fans. You post late at night just to avoid Fierce. And when you do post you flame other Celtic fans on this board. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Celtics 25th pick : And even then they screwed up Magnum Rolle ... Atlanta swoops in and signs him for the remainder of 2011 and a full year 2012 to get a good look and the C's had him under their noses and the room to sign him themselves rather than having Murphy keep the bench warm ... and he had good numbers after coming back from an injury .... Sheeesh!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Magnum Rolle? Seriously, Rolle never even played a single regular season game last season. Your little birdie must be sick or something because you're totally not making sense. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I'm hoping Marshon Brooks falls to them

7-1 wingspan

averaged 26 points per game

so, offense and defense.  Having him and Jeff Green would really change the overall athleticism and perimeter defense of the team, plus scoring off the bench.

Otherwise, Vucevic (if only because my girlfriend came up through the Serbian international basketball circuit with him and it would be fun to take her to a game with him playing) or Jordan Williams.

I'd love to see them get Lucas Noguiera, but later since he's sliding despite being a fast leaper who can already rebound, block shots, and dunk.  He'd be integral to a post-Big-Three world where Rondo would be running a fast-break offense

Also, Mamadou Diarra is 7-1 and 300 pounds.  You can't teach that.  Coach him up and stash him at the end of your bench.  He's could be the next Andrew Bynum, and since he might go undrafted (or at least fall well into the second round), you might as well take a flyer on him

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to The Celtics 25th pick:
    [QUOTE]I started a discussion a few weeks ago as to why Boston should draft Keith Benson. My belief was that he would make a great replacement to KG. It would be great if Boston were to get him but I can't stop thinking about some of the mistakes that the C's have made in their draft picks in the past like passing up on Deandre Jordan who was expected to be a top 5 pick if he had stayed in college one more year or Tony Parker, a guy who was incredibly young when he started playing in Europe. There are going to be a number of very good players available for Boston at 25. Obviously, Boston has a gaping hole at the 5. Tyler is massive. Most importantly, his play at it's weakest is still stronger than what Boston had at this position this past season and he has tremendous upside. I just hope that Ainge drafts for need/talent and I would be happy if he were to draft Tyler, Vucevic(also a steal), Trey Thompkins, Benson, or Jordan Williams, but Tyler could be a massive steal for Boston. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Ainge were to draft yet another pg. It is also unfortunate that regardless of who is picked, it is unlikely that Doc will give that player much pt.
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

Like Tyler, Thompkins and Benson.  Like Williams and Johnson as well.  Vucevic would be a steal as the nbadraft.net now has him as an early second rounder.  Of course, if they want to shock the world, they could take Nikola Mirotic from Montenegro, who won't be eligible for the NBA until 2015 - but has lottery level talent.  We'll know in less than a week.
    I'm re-thinking my MLE.....we do have a gaping hole at the 5.  How about using our MLE (if it still exists) on Aaron Gray?  I had thought all along about Jamal Crawford, but this fills a bigger need!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from James37. Show James37's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The Celtics 25th pick : I agree, I want Ainge to draft Tyler, if he is still there. I have been hearing Reggie Jackson's name, but I hope Ainge does not go with him. We already have Avery Bradley.
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]

I agree. Thats why we drafted Bradley

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]I just can't get too excited about this draft and that's a good thing. It wasn't long ago when we Celtic's fans got excited for the possibility of getting a top 1 to 5 pick. Be thankful the C's are winning. High draft picks usually go to poor teams. The only exception obviously is a good team getting a high draft pick from a trade. The C's may very well be in that situation a few years from now with the future 1st round pick they acquired in the Oklohoma City trade.  I may be mistaken but as I recall, the C's future pick from the Clips is protected for a while, but eventually it will be unprotected. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

The Clippers will win 52 games next year (assuming there is a season) and the Cs pick will be 20th and the Clips pick with 21st...... this past year the Clips went about 35 games without Kaman (a past all-star center) and Eric Gordon the league's 5th leading scorer (averaging about 25 ppg) also missed about half the season.  D Jordan is emerging, Aminu will start to get some time oh and they have that Blake Griffin guy who doesn't even know how to play yet.......  Clips draft pick bad?   ROTFLMAO...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

My wish list (through trade or falling to us) is in this order: Kemba Walker, Jimmer Fredette, Marshon Brooks,Trey Thompkins, + Keith Benson.

We could end up drafting 2 bigs and keep the better of the 2 in the end after they develop.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The Celtics 25th pick : Like Tyler, Thompkins and Benson.  Like Williams and Johnson as well.  Vucevic would be a steal as the nbadraft.net now has him as an early second rounder.  Of course, if they want to shock the world, they could take Nikola Mirotic from Montenegro, who won't be eligible for the NBA until 2015 - but has lottery level talent.  We'll know in less than a week. I'm re-thinking my MLE.....we do have a gaping hole at the 5.  How about using our MLE (if it still exists) on Aaron Gray?  I had thought all along about Jamal Crawford, but this fills a bigger need!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

I'm all for the Aaron Gray part!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffsgotgame. Show jeffsgotgame's posts

I would love Marshon Brooks. 2nd in scoring in the Ncaa right behind jimmer.
    A player with a incredible wing span of 7.1 and hes 6.5. He can shoot drive and rebound. A bench of him, Green, West would be productive.
    The only problem is other teams are noticing him and there saying he could go as early as pick 9 to the Bobcats or possibly the Pacers at 15. I hope he slides would be a great pick up

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]I would love Marshon Brooks. 2nd in scoring in the Ncaa right behind jimmer. A player with a incredible wing span of 7.1 and hes 6.5. He can shoot drive and rebound. A bench of him, Green, West would be productive. The only problem is other teams are noticing him and there saying he could go as early as pick 9 to the Bobcats or possibly the Pacers at 15. I hope he slides would be a great pick up
    Posted by jeffsgotgame[/QUOTE]

If we can get Marshon Brooks, that would be awesome, but like you said, there are plenty of other teams looking at him.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Celtics 25th pick : If we can get Marshon Brooks, that would be awesome, but like you said, there are plenty of other teams looking at him.
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Ainge gambles by drafting Brooks(if he is available) with the assumption that he could pick up Dalambert or Kwame Brown to fill the 5.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

i like travis leslie because of athleticism; we need to get more athletic to compete with the Heat

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]i like travis leslie because of athleticism; we need to get more athletic to compete with the Heat
    Posted by bramrok[/QUOTE]

I am all for athleticism but Dallas isn't exactly the most athletic team in the league and they put a whooping on Miami. The formula that Dallas had is the same that Boston had in '08. High powered offense, domination of the boards, a solid Defense and alot of depth.

Sections
Shortcuts