The Celtics 9-3 obstacle to rational thought

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasBracamonte. Show EliasBracamonte's posts

The Celtics 9-3 obstacle to rational thought

If the Lakers are crowned NBA champs at the end of this coming season, it goes without saying that C's fans will continue to blog about how their team is still the greatest franchise in NBA history. To answer the question shared by most NBA fans around the world of WHY??? one has to consider what I call the Celtics 9-3 obstacle to rational thought. As a Lakers fan, understanding the psychological obstacle that gets in the way of rational thinking for the Celtics helps me understand why they believe that no matter what happens this year, OR EVEN NEXT YEAR, in their minds, they will still consider themselves to be the better franchise. Let me say that again, even if the Lakers were to win back to back titles this season and next, making claim to the most trophies with 18, the Celtics WILL STILL consider themselves better than us. As shocking as that is to all of basketball the reason is in their 9-3 finals record over the Lakers. When the Lakers win #18 which will happen before they ever win again, you will hear more than ever about how 5 of our trophies were won in Minneapolis. In they're minds this is rational thinking but check this out, this is where it goes from crazy talk to pyscho talk because if the Lakers franchise stays consistant with their history and win in the next decade or so #'s 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23 AND 24 to finally have 18 championships IN LOS ANGELES (considering the Celtics maintain their consistancy by not winning  another title for 25 years) BELIEVE IT OR NOT, you will still have mindless Celtics fans claiming to be the better franchise because why??? Because of the 9-3 obstacle that prevents them from thinking rationally or clearly. Understanding this pychological problem they all seem to have explains why for me they can never be taken seriously.

:)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: The Celtics 9-3 obstacle to rational thought

Interesting post - not a word of truth to it, but interesting......my advice - get a life!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasBracamonte. Show EliasBracamonte's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

Interesting post - not a word of truth to it, but interesting......my advice - get a life!!

Not a word of truth? Really? So I was wrong when I said that if the Lakers go on to win the title this year, C's fans will still consider the Celtics the greatest franchise in NBA history? If you say so....

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to EliasBracamonte's comment:

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

Not a word of truth? Really? So I was wrong when I said that if the Lakers go on to win the title this year, C's fans will still consider the Celtics the greatest franchise in NBA history? If you say so....

Yes, you are wrong..........IF the lakers win the title this year, it will be a tie.  How could anyone deny that?  Except for Jack Kent Cooke of course!!  Stop lumping ALL Celtics fans together.  I always give the lakers organization its' fair props.  Their fans?  Not so much!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to dfurypos' comment:

Lakers win Banner #17 this year and on the way to 18 next to be claimed as the greatest franchise in the history of the NBA.  Book it Dano!
    $*)

Wanna bet??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

In simplest terms and putting your 9-3 stupidity aside, Celtic fan thinks it's franchise is better than the Lakers ever will be, is strickly because we are Celtics fans!  Lets not try to create some magic bullet theory to complicate things and try to make your feeble brain out to be some expert psychologist of the Celtic fans mind.  You sound more like Nastrodumbass predicting the future of what each franchise will do for the next 100 years.  We are Celtic fans.  No different from Laker fan, other than we have class and you have none. 

Let me put my psychology degree to work.  Laker fan spends so much time on Celtic fans blog for one reason and one reason only.  Inferiority complex!  Plain and simple, you want what we have and will never get.  We are the storied franchise that made the NBA work and you road in on our coat tails.  For the past twenty years you have pilferred other teams through free agency to get what you have and we have done it through draft and trade.  You use the city of LA to draw players to your franchise.  We do it the old school way ( go to the gym and exercise and work hard to transform the body) and love our team because of it.  The Lakers do it like the citizens of LA.  You go to the doctor with your picture of someone else, so he can cut and paste you into what you want to be. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to EliasBracamonte's comment:

If the Lakers are crowned NBA champs at the end of this coming season, it goes without saying that C's fans will continue to blog about how their team is still the greatest franchise in NBA history. To answer the question shared by most NBA fans around the world of WHY??? one has to consider what I call the Celtics 9-3 obstacle to rational thought. As a Lakers fan, understanding the psychological obstacle that gets in the way of rational thinking for the Celtics helps me understand why they believe that no matter what happens this year, OR EVEN NEXT YEAR, in their minds, they will still consider themselves to be the better franchise. Let me say that again, even if the Lakers were to win back to back titles this season and next, making claim to the most trophies with 18, the Celtics WILL STILL consider themselves better than us. As shocking as that is to all of basketball the reason is in their 9-3 finals record over the Lakers. When the Lakers win #18 which will happen before they ever win again, you will hear more than ever about how 5 of our trophies were won in Minneapolis. In they're minds this is rational thinking but check this out, this is where it goes from crazy talk to pyscho talk because if the Lakers franchise stays consistant with their history and win in the next decade or so #'s 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23 AND 24 to finally have 18 championships IN LOS ANGELES (considering the Celtics maintain their consistancy by not winning  another title for 25 years) BELIEVE IT OR NOT, you will still have mindless Celtics fans claiming to be the better franchise because why??? Because of the 9-3 obstacle that prevents them from thinking rationally or clearly. Understanding this pychological problem they all seem to have explains why for me they can never be taken seriously.

I didn't read past your first sentence.  The best team in history is the one with the most titles.  If the Lakers tie then both teams are even.  It isn't anything to argue about.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasBracamonte. Show EliasBracamonte's posts

Probaly the most interesting yet laughable thing you said was "Laker fan spends so much time on Celtic fans blog for one reason and one reason only.  Inferiority complex!  Plain and simple, you want what we have and will never get." Ummm no. We do not want what you have. We love our winning history through determination to never give up as a franchise even after a defeat. Thanks to what you forged in us through the losses of the 1960's, we come back year after year, decade after decade no matter what. If we lose, we don't shrink back and go away and unlike you we keep coming back for more until we win. For example when we lost in 2008 it was tough but it never crossed our minds that we would not be back and what happened? we came back as champions in 2009 and won again the following year! Something you all haven't done in over 40 years! Lakers fans come to Celtics websites to be entertained at the blog articles you all write about how much better you all are than us. Honestly it's so much fun at your expense that I feel guilty.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasBracamonte. Show EliasBracamonte's posts

Probaly the most interesting yet laughable thing you said was "Laker fan spends so much time on Celtic fans blog for one reason and one reason only.  Inferiority complex!  Plain and simple, you want what we have and will never get." Ummm no. We do not want what you have. We love our winning history through determination to never give up as a franchise even after a defeat. Thanks to what you forged in us through the losses of the 1960's, we come back year after year, decade after decade no matter what. If we lose, we don't shrink back and go away and unlike you we keep coming back for more until we win. For example when we lost in 2008 it was tough but it never crossed our minds that we would not be back and what happened? we came back as champions in 2009 and won again the following year! Something you all haven't done in over 40 years! Lakers fans come to Celtics websites to be entertained at the blog articles you all write about how much better you all are than us. Honestly it's so much fun at your expense that I feel guilty.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Interesting yet laughable.........sounds like this whole thread!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to red2004sox's comment:

In simplest terms and putting your 9-3 stupidity aside, Celtic fan thinks it's franchise is better than the Lakers ever will be, is strickly because we are Celtics fans!  Lets not try to create some magic bullet theory to complicate things and try to make your feeble brain out to be some expert psychologist of the Celtic fans mind.  You sound more like Nastrodumbass predicting the future of what each franchise will do for the next 100 years.  We are Celtic fans.  No different from Laker fan, other than we have class and you have none. 

Let me put my psychology degree to work.  Laker fan spends so much time on Celtic fans blog for one reason and one reason only.  Inferiority complex!  Plain and simple, you want what we have and will never get.  We are the storied franchise that made the NBA work and you road in on our coat tails.  For the past twenty years you have pilferred other teams through free agency to get what you have and we have done it through draft and trade.  You use the city of LA to draw players to your franchise.  We do it the old school way ( go to the gym and exercise and work hard to transform the body) and love our team because of it.  The Lakers do it like the citizens of LA.  You go to the doctor with your picture of someone else, so he can cut and paste you into what you want to be. 

We would love, love, love to pilfer the way the Lakers have...  but have had to resort to drafts and trades.

Beantown is simply not a very desirable destination. That unfortunately is a no-brainer.

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

How about the Celtics fan that does the same thing? Who constantly brings up the Lakers in their posts?

Please tell how the Lakers pilferred other teams? Did they hold a gun to their head?

Where did you get the degree from? Some place you mail in money and get a piece of paper saying you have a degree?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to dirty52's comment:

How about the Celtics fan that does the same thing? Who constantly brings up the Lakers in their posts?

Please tell how the Lakers pilferred other teams? Did they hold a gun to their head?

Where did you get the degree from? Some place you mail in money and get a piece of paper saying you have a degree?

Kind of agree with the first question, it's a chicken and egg thing......but it is, after all, bottom line, a CELTICS forum!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

I agree it is a Celtic forum. but please explain why there have been so many threads started by Celtic fans that constantly  bash the Lakers their fans and the city?

I understand that some hate the Lakers and do it just to instigate some Laker fans that post here. But you have to wonder why it goes so overboard

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

You brought to mind one more thing about Laker fan.  You get off on picking people apart, laughing at others expense no matter what the cost.  Says a lot for the quality of people you are as fans and everyday life.  You can't get pure joy out of just being a fan.  It's not enough and you have to make fun of others to get complete fullfilment.  You must be on your 4th marriage with such a shallow and needy out look.

Your never give up attitude?  Your team shut it down last year and the year before.  Bynum spilled his views on what to do, when he spoke of what he expects his opponents will do when down 3 games, quit.  Which he did later in the playoffs.  Or how Howard played for the last two years when it got tough.  Quit.  He'll fit in.

You can't pick a game, series or season the Celtic's shut it down before the final seconds ticked off the clock.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to dirty52's comment:

I agree it is a Celtic forum. but please explain why there have been so many threads started by Celtic fans that constantly  bash the Lakers their fans and the city?

I understand that some hate the Lakers and do it just to instigate some Laker fans that post here. But you have to wonder why it goes so overboard

Because......we love the Celtics, this is a Celtics forum and lakers fans have NO business coming on here and bashing our team.  I would be willing to BET that if the lakers "fans" showed proper respect when they came on here, the bashing of YOUR team would diminish greatly.  If you can't see that you guys are part of the problem, I can't help you!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

You'll never see me go out of he way to join a Laker blog.  Just doesn't interest me and never will, not unlike any other Celtic fan on this blog.  The vast majority of these over the top debates start from Laker fan.  Who started this thread?  Laker fan, so this point shouldn't be to hard to take.  The vast majority of our blogs start with what we think our team should do to become better as a team to compete.  Discussions amongst ourselves and Laker fan comes in to stir the pot with pointless none sense.  Like this thread for instance.  It was only started to bash and get things going in the wrong direction.  If you come in with legitmate debate it's all good but you never do.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Fake Fury is one of the main culprits...........

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

The Lakers will not get past OKC!

Westbrook will have his way with Nash, KB will show his age and be less than an All Star player, KP will bang on Howard until he screams uncle, Ibaka will school the less than inspired Gasol, and NO one wearing a Lakers uniform will have an answer for Durant or Harden! 

Do we even need to compare coaches? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Fake Fury = Poopy

Sections
Shortcuts