The Celtics are a family and that means Loyalty 1st.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

The Celtics are a family and that means Loyalty 1st.

That means that whatever happens with Pierce Garnett and Doc it has to be something THEY like. We already messed up by insulting Ray Allen. Lets not compound that mistake by treating these guys in the typical business is business fashion. Do the Celtics take care of their own or not. The future of the Celtics is riding on this reputation that is being made.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Re: The Celtics are a family and that means Loyalty 1st.

Maybe just maybe the 80s and 90s Celtics had misfortune because they NEVER did right by Bill Russell. Or maybe they were disloyal to a little guy like Danny Ainge. I believe that if you do good good  will find its way back to you.

Sometimes the right thing and the advantageous thing are opposites. Maybe buying Pierce out is advantageous financially, but morally ,imo, it is WRONG.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Family????

Really????

Loyalty???

Tell that to Leon.

Pud

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"We already messed up by insulting Ray Allen"

Umm asking Ray Allen to come off the bench because we needed his spark and leadership there and he could not play D anymore so we needed Bradley as a starter was not an insult. 

Ray was a great Celtic but he was a prima donna. If family was the most important thing to him (Celtics family) he would have stayed. 

Tell me, do you leave your "family" because of a perceived slight or two? No, you stick it out. 

Ray went and selfishly pursued where he could have the best chance to win. I won't hold that against Paul or Kevin if they want to do the same, just like I don't hold it against Ray. Just don't make him a hero or a martyr.. He did what he needed to do. Alternately, if the Celts feel the need to move on that's fair game to. 

Stop it with the family BS, it's a business. KG and Paul understand that and have said as much, time for you to understand it too. Either way their jerseys will go up in the rafters and there will be no hard feelings.

Free agents won't hold that against the Celtics. They will hold against the Celtics the crummy winters and lack of the kind of appealing NBA city that LA or Miami is. If we get a new coach they might hold that against us too, depends on who it is. Guys like playing for Doc and he is a major draw, despite what some of the haters want to  believe here....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Umm asking Ray Allen to come off the bench because we needed his spark and leadership there and he could not play D anymore so we needed Bradley as a starter was not an insult. 

Ray was a great Celtic but he was a prima donna. If family was the most important thing to him (Celtics family) he would have stayed. 

Tell me, do you leave your "family" because of a perceived slight or two? No, you stick it out. 

Ray went and selfishly pursued where he could have the best chance to win. I won't hold that against Paul or Kevin if they want to do the same, just like I don't hold it against Ray. Just don't make him a hero or a martyr.. He did what he needed to do. Alternately, if the Celts feel the need to move on that's fair game to. 

Stop it with the family BS, it's a business. KG and Paul understand that and have said as much, time for you to understand it too. Either way their jerseys will go up in the rafters and there will be no hard feelings.

Free agents won't hold that against the Celtics. They will hold against the Celtics the crummy winters and lack of the kind of appealing NBA city that LA or Miami is. If we get a new coach they might hold that against us too, depends on who it is. Guys like playing for Doc and he is a major draw, despite what some of the haters want to  believe here....

Just because guys like playing for Doc necessarily does not make him perhaps the best fit for Boston anymore. He looks burnt out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Of course Pierce and Garnett should be able to choose what team they want to go to....

I wouldn't be upset if boh of them came back at the right price, but if a great deal can place them where they want, then Ainge should fufill his Auerbachian Promise to dump aging talent for fresh blood.....

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Keeping Ray on the trade rumor mill and actually trading him to Memphis but O.J. refused to report, is the insult.

We missed Ray all season whether you care to recognize it or not. He spread the floor for others and fueled the offense with reliable scoring.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

Just because guys like playing for Doc necessarily does not make him perhaps the best fit for Boston anymore. He looks burnt out.

Where is this coming from that guys like playing for Doc?  Was it Leon Powe or Darko or Krystic or Nate or Marquis or BBD et al??? Oh, you mean the mega contract guys like KG, PP & Rondo.. where they do as they please while Doc fetches their slippers and  coffee in the morning

I loved my 5th grade teacher... in retrospect I now realize he wasnt a very good teacher, but he let us goof around and made tests easy and laughed with us.

So since DA made the blockbuster deals in 2007, where have all the great players been hiding who are dying to play for Doc?  or even before the 2007 trades, where were they hiding? In other words, wheres your evidence?

Now immediately get to your keyboard and click your macro for your  "hater" line

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Family????

Really????

Loyalty???

Tell that to Leon.

Pud

Right. because Leon has had such a great career in the NBA since the Celtics didn't resign him.

Hey can you go on the internet and find a picture of a snake and post it?

Good boy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

Where is this coming from that guys like playing for Doc?  Was it Leon Powe or Darko or Krystic or Nate or Marquis or BBD et al??? Oh, you mean the mega contract guys like KG, PP & Rondo.. where they do as they please while Doc fetches their slippers and  coffee in the morning

I loved my 5th grade teacher... in retrospect I now realize he wasnt a very good teacher, but he let us goof around and made tests easy and laughed with us.

So since DA made the blockbuster deals in 2007, where have all the great players been hiding who are dying to play for Doc?  or even before the 2007 trades, where were they hiding? In other words, wheres your evidence?

Now immediately get to your keyboard and click your macro for your  "hater" line

You aren't a hater. you are stupid.  Big difference.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

The GOOD free agents want a GM that won't trade them at the drop of a hat. That is not Danny Ainge. So the trader Dan reputation ALSO hurts Bostons ability to acquire the good players we want.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I'd rather have Nate and Perk than Green and Melo.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

I'd rather have Nate and Perk than Green and Melo.

If we had Nate along with Thibs as head coach, Im with ya.

Remember, we already had NAte and he was dumped.... Doc couldnt get him to play  for us like hes playing now for the Bulls. 

Who knows with Melo... but Melo not playing for us may be better than Perk playing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to PHX85014's comment:

Of course Pierce and Garnett should be able to choose what team they want to go to....

I wouldn't be upset if boh of them came back at the right price, but if a great deal can place them where they want, then Ainge should fufill his Auerbachian Promise to dump aging talent for fresh blood.....

There is no right price.

If KG comes back it's 12.4m.

If Pierce comes back it's 15.3m.

According to what I heard on the tv and radio Danny doesn't intend to resign Pierce but will try to trade him, buy him out or amnesty him.  I would imagine that one of these 3 scenarios will happen.   Not sure if KG will return and he may decide to retire.  We all agree that KG should have signed for a much lower amount but he didn't and Danny felt that he was worth what he getting in paid.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I'm telling you. We have to be BETTER than other teams at having a player friendly organization top to bottom if we want to have ANY chance whatsoever against warm weather cities.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

A hole has been dug in that rep by our raw treatment of Perk, Ray, Posey, TA, Powe, Nate. Players that did NOTHING wrong but got treated roughly. (Dumped or not paid market value)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

So there should be no surprise on why we can't even get Reggie Evans, or David West. They don't trust Ainge!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GAShamrock60. Show GAShamrock60's posts

That means that whatever happens with Pierce Garnett and Doc it has to be something THEY like. We already messed up by insulting Ray Allen. Lets not compound that mistake by treating these guys in the typical business is business fashion. Do the Celtics take care of their own or not. The future of the Celtics is riding on this reputation that is being made.

I totally agree. If we want to get free agents to come here they have to know that we will treat them fairly.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to DaCeltics's comment:

So there should be no surprise on why we can't even get Reggie Evans, or David West. They don't trust Ainge!!!!

and you are just basing it on the fact that they didn't come here?..........you don't have any evidence where they said they "don't trust" Ainge?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I don't know if "trust" is the right word............didn't West take more money to play for IND?  And Reggie Evans?  Journeyman who wouldn't have helped much this year.......until Sully got hurt.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts