The Celtics are back to the Antoine Walker era 38 wins if they're lucky level.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

The Celtics are back to the Antoine Walker era 38 wins if they're lucky level.....

It is what it is....

The Celtics cannot compete with any of the powerhouse teams, will be lucky to even make the playoffs , and if they do will probably be swept.

It's time to take Pierce, KG and Jason Terry aside and ask them to allow themselves to be traded. Trade them now and let them sell some tickets for their new teams for a month or so, then they can get moved again at the deadline or bought out.

Out will ALL the old and bring in some youngblood

Brandon Bass needs to go too , he's a progress stopper in front of Sullinger.

And finally, it has to be said: David Lee is so much better than Garnett it's not even close at this point. David Lee dominated KG last night and KG could not stop him from scoring or rebounding. Bet you'd never thought you see those words on the internet and you'd agree.........but you do, don't you ? You saw the game last night and you saw David Lee dominate KG.

It's time to blow it all up. It's over. The KG/PP era of Celtics history is over.

It is what it is....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: The Celtics are back to the Antoine Walker era 38 wins if they're lucky level.....

In response to PHX85014's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It is what it is....

The Celtics cannot compete with any of the powerhouse teams, will be lucky to even make the playoffs , and if they do will probably be swept.

It's time to take Pierce, KG and Jason Terry aside and ask them to allow themselves to be traded. Trade them now and let them sell some tickets for their new teams for a month or so, then they can get moved again at the deadline or bought out.

And finally, it has to be said: David Lee is so much better than Garnett it's not even close at this point. David Lee dominated KG last night and KG could not stop him from scoring or rebounding. Bet you'd never thought you see those words on the internet and you'd agree.........but you do, don't you ? You saw the game last night and you saw David Lee dominate KG.

It's time to blow it all up. It's over. The KG/PP era of Celtics history is over.

It is what it is....

[/QUOTE]

It may be true what you say but blowing it up won't happen. They will never admit they made a mistake and Pierce and Garnett will not leave even if we finish out of the playoffs.  They won't even start Green. Pierce will have a good game tonight and all will be forgotten.  If Green plays well tonight everyone will say he needs to be untouchable.  Sully is untouchable, Bradley is untouchable, Rondo is untouchable, you get the idea.  Bradley coming back is getting to be the panacea and I will be glad to see it but don't hold your breath. Time may have run out for this time no matter who comes back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: The Celtics are back to the Antoine Walker era 38 wins if they're lucky level.....

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It is what it is....

It is what it is....

[/QUOTE]

It may be true what you say but blowing it up won't happen. They will never admit they made a mistake and Pierce and Garnett will not leave even if we finish out of the playoffs.  They won't even start Green. Pierce will have a good game tonight and all will be forgotten.  If Green plays well tonight everyone will say he needs to be untouchable.  Sully is untouchable, Bradley is untouchable, Rondo is untouchable, you get the idea.  Bradley coming back is getting to be the panacea and I will be glad to see it but don't hold your breath. Time may have run out for this time no matter who comes back.

[/QUOTE]

Its funny you mention untouchable.  All of us seem to put a lot of value on a lot of our players and seem to think they are worth a lot more than they really are when putting together a trade scenario.  Actually I don't think we should have any untouchables.  As wierd as it may seem the only two that I really care about hanging on to are Bradley if he is the player he was and Sullinger.  All the rest are available if the trade makes sense.

Rondo is availiable because he could probably bring us the most. Pierce and Garnett would only go to a team that is trying to win it all so I am not sure what we could get for them.  Both can still be productive, but they can't be the show.

Pierce won't walk away from his money I don't think.  KG ,  it would not surprise me if he walked away if we don't either improve our roster or if we don't advance in the playoffs.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It is what it is....

It is what it is....

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Its funny you mention untouchable.  All of us seem to put a lot of value on a lot of our players and seem to think they are worth a lot more than they really are when putting together a trade scenario.  Actually I don't think we should have any untouchables.  As wierd as it may seem the only two that I really care about hanging on to are Bradley if he is the player he was and Sullinger.  All the rest are available if the trade makes sense.

Rondo is availiable because he could probably bring us the most. Pierce and Garnett would only go to a team that is trying to win it all so I am not sure what we could get for them.  Both can still be productive, but they can't be the show.

Pierce won't walk away from his money I don't think.  KG ,  it would not surprise me if he walked away if we don't either improve our roster or if we don't advance in the playoffs.  

[/QUOTE] You're getting pretty good at this, you know!!  Agree on all points! Although i would let Pierce and KG play the season out if they wanted too, and deal with them next year. They've earned the right say what happens to them, as far as being traded, staying or retiring as Celtics!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It is what it is....

It is what it is....

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] You're getting pretty good at this, you know!!  Agree on all points! Although i would let Pierce and KG play the season out if they wanted too, and deal with them next year. They've earned the right say what happens to them, as far as being traded, staying or retiring as Celtics!!

[/QUOTE]

You have taught me well grasshopper!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

Blow it up? the Celtics have championship aspirations this season. That's why they signed KG to a 3-year, $36M contract. Coupled with their offer to Ray, they expect to seriously compete for #18 NOW, given that they forced the Heat to game 7 in the ECF last season...

They kept saying "this is the last year of the window for the Big 3" in the past 3 years (ever since 2010). Who are they kidding? this type of "cheap stunt" to motivate the players is fooling no one.

Their window to compete for the championship last thru' Garnett's contract (2014-15). There is no "one last run", no "last year of the window". Their run for championship will be 2012-13, 2013-14, AND 2014-15, THREE YEARS!!!! No team that wants to rebuild would sign a 36-year-old over-the-hill HOFer to a 3-year contract at $36M.

Too bad the folks here have no faith in Danny and Doc. Rats are jumping ship fast...

Sections
Shortcuts