The Celtics are better than we thought they were

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: The Celtics are better than we thought they were

I hope so. Let's wait to the road trip.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Historically the c's have handled these road trips well.  The last couple of years they've struggled more at home it seems.  Case in point, the phoenix and cleveland games where they played like they partied the night before.  When they're on the road they're under lock and key.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

agree  
    they would be even better to limit those .... TOs

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

Let's see how well they play against the Lakers and Chicago 2 times. If they win 2-3 then I will believe they are back in the hunt again. We still haven't beaten anybody in this stretch to brag about yet. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeff22751. Show jeff22751's posts

In Response to The Celtics are better than we thought they were:
    [QUOTE]Just sayin'....
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Wilcox is better than I expected. Bass in better than I expected. Bradley is playing better than I expected. Johson is the best rookie we have seen since Rondo. Love Pietrus! And Pierce, Allen, Garnett and Rondo are getting up to speed.

We are much deeper than we were last year.

Great D!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Better than WE thought???

[QUOTE]Just sayin'....
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Depends on who all you mean by WE.

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeff22751. Show jeff22751's posts

In Response to Re: The Celtics are better than we thought they were:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Celtics are better than we thought they were : Rondo is 3rd worst in TOs averaging 4.0 TOs per game. You take the good with the bad with Rondo.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

You are the idiot savant of Rondo critique. Why do you want to turn this thread into a Rondo bash?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeff22751. Show jeff22751's posts

Re: Better than WE thought???

In Response to Better than WE thought???:
    [QUOTE]In Response to The Celtics are better than we thought they were : Depends on who all you mean by WE. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

Meaning the Celtics and me. You have been cut from the roster.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Actually they are about exactly as good as I thought they were. This is basically the same team as last year with a little bit better bench.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

The Celtics ARE NOT better than I thought they were.  We are a 13 wins and 10 losses team that has shown a propensity to lose to mediocre teams AT HOME.

Our defense is where it usually is - in the top 3.  Our shooting percentage is where it usually is - in the top 3.  Our rebouding is where it usually is - at the bottom of the league.  However, we haven't started 13 - 10 since BEFORE the Big 3 came together.  We are not better than we thought we were.

We had a stretch of losing 6 of 7 games (including a 5-game losing streak) while playing 6 of those games AT HOME.  When you look at our 13 wins TODAY, we've only beaten two teams with a winning record TODAY (Orlando and Indiana).  That's it.  We are not better than we thought.

And we haven't even begun to play the more difficult portion of our schedule and we're a number 7 seed.  No way are we better than we thought we were.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I think he means better than we thought we were about three weeks ago when we lost to phoenix at home. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

cole-ely, you think he means that?  I thought overall because there is no distinction.  We've won 9 of our last 10 games so it's easy to say we're better than we were when we lost to Phoenix.

Either way, are we really better than we thought?  We have played better, no doubt but we still have beaten only 2 teams with winning records.

I think the jury is still out and we'll find out more when we play more of the heavyweights.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Celtics are better than we thought they were : You are the idiot savant of Rondo critique. Why do you want to turn this thread into a Rondo bash?
    Posted by jeff22751[/QUOTE]

I think his point is fair and I huge Rondo fan. Rondo is a terrifc player but part of wht makes him do things like dish 14 assists a game causes turnovers. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Going into the season, it was hard to have high expectations for this years C's. They were dismantled by the Heat in the playoffs last year, only had 6 players on roster at the start of camp, no really big offseason acquisition, and Jeff Green going down. This season seemed like a train wreck waiting to happen, but Ainge put together a good roster with multiple solid moves. Now, we are getting a better idea of what kind of team they can be. The team still has flaws, but I think we are starting to see what the strengths of this team are. The bench overall is better than it has been since the new big 3 have been together, team has some good young players, and the veterans are showing they all have enough left to competive (if healthy) in a playoff series. The C's are not the favorites in the East, but they are not too far away either

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I cant agree just yet that we're better than I thought.

We arent beating any good teams... we lost to poor ones. Now we're in a good streak but its like being #1 playing a JV...

The key to me is how the starters play and their consistency... I like the bench more than last years.  And of course, injuries.

JON hasnt done very much...I expected about this but maybe just a little more

KG has been alive at times but not consistent at all... about where i thought

PP not the same old PP from a few years back, cant really take control like he used to.. still a major contributor... about as I expected..

Ray.... still has the good trigger and still a poor ball handler...if his minutes are kept down...  hes about where i had hoped

Rondo...at beginning of season I thought he improved his FT shooting only to see it was a fugazy... on top of that, hes playing a little worse than I expected..

Overall, starting 5 about as I expected...maybe slightly less.... My preseason thought was Celts would make playoffs but not really be a contender for title... Im still holding the same opinion

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I disagree with your opinion of JO...you just look at stat sheet, and claim that is not productive.. Thats way too simplistic...This guy is a beast inside, setting picks, clogging the middle... Perk used to have this role, and received the same criticism...what gives???? Our centers do not need to be scorers or rebounders to be effective.. They need to set strong picks, robound, and prevent easy baskets by the opponents..Wilcox is now playing very well also..Both these guys have been injured. Thats why the Steamer does not get playing time. He gets pushed around.  If JJJ continues his improvement, then we are set.We are under a team rebounding system, because of the type of D we play. Doc seems to be very happy with JO..Do you know something that Doc doesn't know...???

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

[QUOTE]I disagree with your opinion of JO...you just look at stat sheet, and claim that is not productive.. Thats way too simplistic...This guy is a beast inside, setting picks, clogging the middle... Perk used to have this role, and received the same criticism...what gives???? Our centers do not need to be scorers or rebounders to be effective.. They need to set strong picks, robound, and prevent easy baskets by the opponents..Wilcox is now playing very well also..Both these guys have been injured. Thats why the Steamer does not get playing time. He gets pushed around.  If JJJ continues his improvement, then we are set.We are under a team rebounding system, because of the type of D we play. Doc seems to be very happy with JO..Do you know something that Doc doesn't know...???
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

Good post... I have been thinking the same about JO. He gets a lot of undeserved criticism. He is not a star, but he does a good job for this team. It would be great to upgrade the center position, but it would be even better to upgrade that postition without having to get rid of JO. He would be perfect off the bench!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]Just sayin'....
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Most certainly.  Rondo is back, although not at 100%, to give the Celtics their offensive rythym and Garnett and Pierce are rounding into basketball shape after not having a normal preseason because of the lockout.  Loved the game yesterday as Rondo was all over the place creating havoc for the Grizzlies both offensively and defensively, as expected from the best point guard in the Association, bar none!  Just wait until he gets completely healthy!!!  With the injuries the Celtics have had, the youngsters have had opportunities to show their skills, which will make the team even more dangerous come playoff time.  The sky's the limit with this mix of veteran talent and youthful exuberance.  Come playoff time, there isn't a team in the Association that will want to face this Celtics team which is 11-12 deep and talented.  All they need is a healthy roster and banner #18 will hang in the Gahrden in June!!!!!!!!!!

As Always,