The Celtics are better without Ray Allen starting

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

Re: The Celtics are better without Ray Allen starting

Ray should have been traded at the trade dead line!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: The Celtics are better without Ray Allen starting:
    [QUOTE] Ray should have been traded at the trade dead line!!
    Posted by KyCelt2[/QUOTE]

no. Ray can help this team get even BETTER, if he comes off the bench. an elite shooter off the bench? only 2 teams (Mavs and Thunder) off the top of my head have that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

He needs to come of the bench until Bradley stops playing like he is. Bradley can cover Wade.  Please Doc, Ray will help off the bench.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

I truly hope Doc or DA see's this. Ray off the bench will do miracles for him and the team. Bradley has played well in the games he has started and I like how he makes  razor quick cuts to the basket and his cb like skills defense. He gets into peoples minds with that constant pestering, just perfect medicine for opponents!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Celtics are better without Ray Allen starting : no. Ray can help this team get even BETTER, if he comes off the bench. an elite shooter off the bench? only 2 teams (Mavs and Thunder) off the top of my head have that.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]
    Some people have posted that Ray coming off the bench would be "messing with his head."
    Ray Allen might be the most professional player in the NBA.  No stats to back it up, just going by what I've seen since he's been in Boston.
    I don't think his attitude would change a bit if he became 6th man.
    Think of all the scoring droughts the C's go through on a regular basis in this and other seasons.
    Now think of a  rested Ray Allen coming checking in when that happens.
    Might be a good thing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Celtics are better without Ray Allen starting : Some people have posted that Ray coming off the bench would be "messing with his head." Ray Allen might be the most professional player in the NBA.  No stats to back it up, just going by what I've seen since he's been in Boston. I don't think his attitude would change a bit if he became 6th man. Think of all the scoring droughts the C's go through on a regular basis in this and other seasons. Now think of a  rested Ray Allen coming checking in when that happens. Might be a good thing.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

agree 100%.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Celtics are better without Ray Allen starting : Some people have posted that Ray coming off the bench would be "messing with his head." Ray Allen might be the most professional player in the NBA.  No stats to back it up, just going by what I've seen since he's been in Boston. I don't think his attitude would change a bit if he became 6th man. Think of all the scoring droughts the C's go through on a regular basis in this and other seasons. Now think of a  rested Ray Allen coming checking in when that happens. Might be a good thing.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]
    Absolutely! And the thing is he couls be very effective in that role for several more years (for small money of course...).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Ray Allen is one of the all time greats of this game. When the game is on the line you want Ray Allen in the game. Just like Sam Jones, the are special players. When got older people said the same thing, but Sam won the last playoff game he played in. Ray will do the same

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from champs08. Show champs08's posts

Like many here, I "profess to be amored with the Celtic history". BTW that's a great line.

The reference to Havlicek has an app to Bradley's play. Havlicek was in perpetual motion--all game. He always was productive and put his team in a position to win with his high energy, scoring, and defense. The other teams knew they were in for a difficult time when Hondo was on his game!

Bradley has some of those same qualities. He must be a nightmare to guard, as he often breaks free for baskets, sometimes dunks. His D has slowed down opponents and often taken them out of their offense forcing sometimes desperate shots at the buzzer. He seems to have good energy and keeps his head up even when he gets beat or misses a shot.

I'm not saying that Bradley has the same effect as Hondo. Few players in NBA history have done that. I would like to see him run alongside RR and give the other team fits with his athleticism.

Ray could be a killer coming off the bench against the opponent's second team!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Double-T. Show Double-T's posts

It's not going to happen, once Ray is heatlhy Doc will put him back in the starting line-up. Playoffs are a totally different animal and they'll need him to spread the floor.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE] It's not going to happen, once Ray is heatlhy Doc will put him back in the starting line-up. Playoffs are a totally different animal and they'll need him to spread the floor.
    Posted by Double-T[/QUOTE]
    Playoff basketball is about defense. Ray can spread the floor after the first six to eight minutes.  There are plenty of minutes to go around on this injury strapped team.

Bradley is playing like Wade's worst nightmare right now.  We will see Sunday if I am right.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE] It's not going to happen, once Ray is heatlhy Doc will put him back in the starting line-up. Playoffs are a totally different animal and they'll need him to spread the floor.

And Doc knows it.  He's trying to improve the team's execution in prep for the playoffs and work in a few players who will play in the playoffs when the rotation is shortened, the games slow down, and offensive/defensive execution is critical.   Running teams will do well for a quarter or two in the playoffs, but execution of plays, fewer turnovers, and rebounds will REALLY matter then.

I love AB's play of late.  I think Pietrus's play is also critical.  I hope it continues that against the 6 teams we are getting ready to play (Miami twice, San Antonio, Chicago, Indiana, Philly, and Atlanta).   THAT will be the test of how far Bradley and Pietrus have come.

I think the bigger factor in the Celtics being better than Bradley playing for Ray is JON being gone, weaker opponents, and KG + Paul playing tremendous ball of late.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Celtics are better without Ray Allen starting : no. Ray can help this team get even BETTER, if he comes off the bench. an elite shooter off the bench? only 2 teams (Mavs and Thunder) off the top of my head have that.
    Completely agree. Love the idea of having a shooter off the bench. Kind of like when Vinnie Johnson was in Detroit.
    (Everyone remembers who first called him "The Microwave," right?).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Celtics are better without Ray Allen starting : Playoff basketball is about defense. Ray can spread the floor after the first six to eight minutes.  There are plenty of minutes to go around on this injury strapped team. Bradley is playing like Wade's worst nightmare right now.  We will see Sunday if I am right.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I agree with you and most of the others that Ray would be a great 6th man and should come off the bench.  Just not sure that Doc will do this when Ray is back. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

Ray to be back to starting????? So explain to me why the Celtics have been playing much better without him. He absolutely needs to become the sixth man! But in spurts of 5-6 minutes at a time. The offense must stop revolving around him!!!!!!
    AMEN!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8brd. Show sk8brd's posts

In Response to The Celtics are better without Ray Allen starting:
    [QUOTE]No question in my mind. Ray is a big liability defensively. I wish they would switch him to the second unit when he comes back, but I know if will never happen.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Danny should have traded Ray for a big or for a 1st round pick.  Too late now.  Maybe we use Ray only if we're down 3 and needed a 3.  In the long run, I do think Bradley should start.  It would be the best move for the team and for the playoffs.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

welp, my heart was broken this morning...doc allllll but said what we have all dreaded:

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Celtics are better without Ray Allen starting : Completely agree. Love the idea of having a shooter off the bench. Kind of like when Vinnie Johnson was in Detroit. (Everyone remembers who first called him "The Microwave," right?).
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Danny Ainge.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

Ray should be brought off of the bench. By the time he gets back in a couple more weeks, his conditioning won't allow much more than 'spot' duty anyway. So Doc should pick his 'spots'.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]welp, my heart was broken this morning...doc allllll but said what we have all dreaded: http://www.csnne.com/basketball-boston-celtics/celtics-talk/Injuries-stretching-Celtics-thin?blockID=680468&feedID=3352

I also heard that Pietrus probably won't be available for the remainder of the regular season. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Why people always think that any time a player is hurt and someone replace him, and start to say "oh this team is so much better with that new guy".  Come on, who did Boston played against while Allen was out?  Charlotte?  Utah? Minnesota? Wash?  They are all terrible teams, and none of them are going to make into the playoff except maybe Utah!!  

Wait until Boston starts their toughest schedule stretch of the season, and see how good is Boston with these guys.  Or wait until the playoff come, and see how far Boston can go.  

But I strongly think that both Allen and Garnett should come back next season to sign a discount contract and become a bench player.  It is too hard to find a good bench players in nowadays.  Most of these bench players in NBA doesn't care in nowadays!!  They are paying too much and they do enjoy sitting on the bench. If you want to win championship titles, keep Allen/Garnett.  I am sure that Doc will start players over them if Boston ever pick up a couple talent free agents via free agency!!!  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

I have said since before the start of this shortened season that the Cs needed to bring at least one of the big 3 off the bench. It was only going to help the second unit and keep legs fresh. And it was going to give the youth a chance to mix with the aging talent. Still hoping Doc does this sooner rather than (too much) later....

Sections
Shortcuts