The Celtics have 10 guys active and 2 of them are Collins and Melo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

The Celtics have 10 guys active and 2 of them are Collins and Melo

People keep talking trades but in reality there are now zero extra pieces. Can't trade one of your three guards.  Can't trade one of your three bigs that play.

the only position that this team has depth to trade is SF and Green is playing too well to let go.

All of you guys that didnt' want to blow it up and go with this team are going to get your wish because I have no idea what Ainge could do even if he wanted to.

This is the team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Richard1965. Show Richard1965's posts

Re: The Celtics have 10 guys active and 2 of them are Collins and Melo

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

People keep talking trades but in reality there are now zero extra pieces. Can't trade one of your three guards.  Can't trade one of your three bigs that play.

the only position that this team has depth to trade is SF and Green is playing too well to let go.

All of you guys that didnt' want to blow it up and go with this team are going to get your wish because I have no idea what Ainge could do even if he wanted to.

This is the team.

You can still blow it up real nice, but we would be in total rebuild mode.  Forget the last ride of PP and KG for they would both be gone.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

two options:

1) find the best D-leaguers to sign and sit on the deep bench.

2) sign Vet Free agents that are still out there (Martin, West, Etc)

I am not sure one is better than the other frankly.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

This is the team.

Lee can be traded for another guard like Redick.

DeJuan Blair is available. The Celts can use Barbosa's contract and a draft pick to get Blair.

The Celts also have a 1st round pick and Bass.

This time Ainge has no choice but to pull the trigger.

Thats just it though. How do you get rid of bass?  They have no frontcourt depth at all. Even if they get another big they need Bass as a back up.  

they have 8 decent NBA players now out of a possible 15.

Not good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

This is the team.

DeJuan Blair is available. The Celts can use Barbosa's contract and a draft pick to get Blair.

I say to you hoping you are right,  how is it any team wants Bass  and that contract?  Not a chip more like any anchor around the Celtics neck.  The guy is going to have to play better.  He is horrible.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

And even if he isn't horrible the Celtics still need him.  again...8 decent NBA players is all they have. if they swap out bass and a pick and get someone good back then still just have 8 decent NBA players.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

And even if he isn't horrible the Celtics still need him.  again...8 decent NBA players is all they have. if they swap out bass and a pick and get someone good back then still just have 8 decent NBA players.

Celts still have the BAE of 1.9m per year for 2 years to offer to a FA.

And the Celts can always add another player released by another team before the playoff rosters are set, like signing PJ Brown and Troy Murphy.

True.

Those types of guys will become available down the line. right not though this team is one injury away from catastrophe. KG, Bradley, Terry or even Lee goes down and they don't have anyone to play the minutes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

I say to you hoping you are right,  how is it any team wants Bass  and that contract?  Not a chip more like any anchor around the Celtics neck.  The guy is going to have to play better.  He is horrible.

Don't trade Bass to a team looking for a talented player. Trade Bass to a team who needs bench help.

Bass would just have 2 years left on his contract after this season. Package him with a 1st round pick and suddenly the offer becomes enticing. 

And don't forget the Celts' pick right now is the 15th pick of the draft. It's not like it's the 25th pick or a late 1st rounder. The Celts' 1st round pick some trade value. 

I get it but is it wise to give what might be a good pick up if DA is not upgrading our big man situation.  I wonder if DA is thinking of next season now.  Not that I like it, but a draft pick like that has to be used for a top line player who can help in the years to come.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I wouldnt give up next years number 1 to help this team.

People have been blinded by the 7 game win streak. At best this team is 8th to 10th best in the NBA..

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

two options:

1) find the best D-leaguers to sign and sit on the deep bench.

2) sign Vet Free agents that are still out there (Martin, West, Etc)

I am not sure one is better than the other frankly.

You gotta go with obtaining vets. Some reasons are: Doc won't give some D-leaguer any playing time but he will to veterans. Veterans will catch on to the system much quicker. D-leaguers may have more athleticism and talent, but veterans won't panic being in the limelight. You can build a solid team around veterans. One need only look at the '07 Celtics or the NFL's '72 Washington Redskins to know that this is true.

Unfortunately, the Celtics are running out of players.  They have a gaping hole in the interior and no point guard. I hate to say it but I really don't know how Boston can compete for another title with so many injuries.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Just gotta fill 12 minutes at the SG/PG postion. Play Lee more and reduce the minutes to 8 and now your ooking at older semi-retired type. Thinking Dooling, Bibby types.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

This is the team.

As a lifelong Celtics fan, i'm realistic in saying they don't have the talent based on healthy players to have any shot to win it all this year. It's either finish out the season with vets off the street, or start rebuilding. Trading away the future (picks, young players) for free agents to be like reddick or another undersized pf in blair is not the answer, and will not put them over the top. It's closer to the rodney rogers and delk for joe johnson and a 1st type of decision to make the playoffs for more ticket revenue knowing you have 0 chance to win it all, and quite frankly, it's stupid. Eventually they will need to find a way to rebuild and trading away draft choices for a player who'll be on the wrong side of 30 too soon is not the way to start.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to jrmccook's comment:

This is the team.

As a lifelong Celtics fan, i'm realistic in saying they don't have the talent based on healthy players to have any shot to win it all this year. It's either finish out the season with vets off the street, or start rebuilding. Trading away the future (picks, young players) for free agents to be like reddick or another undersized pf in blair is not the answer, and will not put them over the top. It's closer to the rodney rogers and delk for joe johnson and a 1st type of decision to make the playoffs for more ticket revenue knowing you have 0 chance to win it all, and quite frankly, it's stupid. Eventually they will need to find a way to rebuild and trading away draft choices for a player who'll be on the wrong side of 30 too soon is not the way to start.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to jrmccook's comment:

This is the team.

Agreed. It is stupid. They have no shot at all this year. either play out the string or blow it up.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

WOW! FIERCE STARTED POSTING @6:30 AM AND STILL POSTING @ 8:00 PM? - WHAT A LIFE !  SAD,  VERY SAD INDEED!

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Another scenario would be Bass and Barbosa for Marion.

Marion would be getting 9m next season. And since the Mavs want to go after Dwight, having Bass' 6m would give them more cap space than having Marion's 9m.

Piggy backing your Marion logic,  here is another trade idea:

Bos/mem/dal trade

Boston gets: Marion,  Kaman, mayo,  Dal and Mem 1st

Dallas gets: Rondo,  barbosa,  and cash from celtics to buyout barbosa

Memphis gets: Lee and fab using their trade exceptions

Memphis gets a player they want for a first in a weak Draft. Dallas rids itself of Marion's contract and gets Rondo to potentially pair with dirk and Howard next year.  They may have enough room to go after Smith too. getting Rondo (even with an injury) is a smart big splash move I can see Cuban going for. 

For Boston,  you get two smart veterans that could fit easily into the c's system,  a young talented scorer in mayo, and Draft picks that could be packaged with bass in another deal maybe to get Reddick for example

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

gIVE YOURSELF A BREAK FIERCE-- YOU ARE GETTING TIRED AND YOUR POST AND ANALYSIS ARE GETTING ZHYTE!  ===>YOU'VE BEEN POSTING 15 HOURS NOW!!! HOLY COW! SHAMELESS DUDE!

Sections
Shortcuts