The Celtics Have Assembled A Deep Powerful Bench

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Re: The Celtics Have Assembled A Deep Powerful Bench

In Response to Re: The Celtics Have Assembled A Deep Powerful Bench:
    Simmons had a great idea to have Cleveland fans wearing James jerseys with fake knives in their backs.  Funny stuff. Also, the TV special was ridiculous.  He deserves the hate he brough on himself
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188
      The James jersey with the fake knife in the back ?   LOL!  GREAT STUFF!  This is the first I've heard of this !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: The Celtics Have Assembled A Deep Powerful Bench : The Celtics can make changes after Dec. 15.  Getting Shaq and Delonte for the vet's minimum is like getting them for free. Danny Ainge got so much with so little to offer. I think we should judge the Celtics after the rosters are set after the February trade deadline.  I say give Marquis Daniels a chance to prove himself. Besides, it doesn't mean that if it's not the bench you wanted it will not produce wins. 
    Posted by P34

Certainly it is not as bad as I may have made it sound

It is like getting them for free and we were pretty excited about Daniels at SF last summer, let's see how he does for two months

In the middle of the year we'll have Nate and Marqui's contract (6.5m) and our 1st rd pick to deal for a SF upgrade to Daniels

If it is a really talented player we'll have Bradley and/or Perk/Baby to move as well, esp if out medical staff can tell that Perk won't be at 90% by April and Shaq is having a year more like '09 then '10...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Okay guys, fundamentally I get it, but hear me out for a second: Why is Daniels at 6'6" a "3", while Wafer at 6'5" a "2"? Why can't we play both Daniels and Wafer at the 3, and keep West and Bradley at the 2?  Maybe that is the idea.  Rame says we have 5 SG's and 1 SF on our bench, but will an inch really make that much difference?  "Hey Von, there's LeBron.  You want a contract next year, go and cover him!" Delonte can play both, and can play D - we could also use RA periodically at the 3. I mean, if PP plays 35 mins per game, don't we think RA, MD and VW can make up the difference?  Me?  I'm excited as heck about this year!!
    Posted by BirdandCowens

Delonte and Bradley could prob cover Wade ok

Quis and Wafer are skinny guys under 200lbs who give up 3" or so on LeBronn and Melo and 4" on guys like Deng, Rashard Lewis, Marvin Williams, Danilo/Randolph/chandler, Durant, Ariza

Asking them to play a Posey/Artest/Battier/ Prince/Gerald Wallace role on those guys is asking too much IMO

and to be a champion we'll have to turn our excess @ shooting guard and in the frontcourt into that SF 6th man that can deliver the title

But as a regular season group, the bench is deep and shoot/score, that should help keep all the old guys rested and bury teams in 2nd halves of games we gave away last year b/c we were too tired/injuured and lacked creative offensive players when going to TA, Scal and House

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Wafer is actually listed as being 6'5 and weighing 210 lbs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

Its illusionary. The Celts have assembled a decent team that should compete for championship. But is it deep? No way, no how. Jermaine & Shaq are toast, shells of what they used to be.

And Doc Rivers has a very bad habit of ignoring his bench and exhausting his starters. Nate Robinson, Marquis Daniels, Von Wafer are scrubs. Delonte is an excellent pickup.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

. Nate Robinson, Marquis Daniels, Von Wafer are scrubs.
    Posted by rsalas67m

Laughing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Its illusionary. The Celts have assembled a decent team that should compete for championship. But is it deep? No way, no how. Jermaine & Shaq are toast, shells of what they used to be. And Doc Rivers has a very bad habit of ignoring his bench and exhausting his starters. Nate Robinson, Marquis Daniels, Von Wafer are scrubs. Delonte is an excellent pickup.
    Posted by rsalas67m

No one plays his starters more than Phil.  He  just can't all the time becuase Bynum is always hurt.  Compare the mins of Fisher, koME, Artest Gasol and LO to all the other guys on that team.   I'm surprised he hasn't run them into the ground yet.  Doc has a regimen and sticks to it.  KG never played over 32 mins last year, ever!  Gasol averaged about 40!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: The Celtics Have Assembled A Deep Powerful Bench : Delonte and Bradley could prob cover Wade ok Quis and Wafer are skinny guys under 200lbs who give up 3" or so on LeBronn and Melo and 4" on guys like Deng, Rashard Lewis, Marvin Williams, Danilo/Randolph/chandler, Durant, Ariza Asking them to play a Posey/Artest/Battier/ Prince/Gerald Wallace role on those guys is asking too much IMO and to be a champion we'll have to turn our excess @ shooting guard and in the frontcourt into that SF 6th man that can deliver the title But as a regular season group, the bench is deep and shoot/score, that should help keep all the old guys rested and bury teams in 2nd halves of games we gave away last year b/c we were too tired/injuured and lacked creative offensive players when going to TA, Scal and House
    Posted by rameakap

I agree that we will have a few chips at trade deadline, but right now this is an excellent bench that can score and defend.  I also think the problem with last years bench was scoring, and that has been addressed!  All the guys you mentioned above will have to play D all the time now, not just on PP and RA!  I'm just excited about the year, that's all!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oreed. Show oreed's posts

Re: Celtics Have Assembled Deep Powerful Bench

In Response to Re: Celtics Have Assembled Deep Powerful Bench:
    Nice post "C's-Fan"......I agree with you......by the way, I think it was a shame how LaBron played his act out.....I can see wanting to pursue the championship and all....but he totally screwed Cleveland and it's fans in the way he went about his business....total lack of class....he tarnished a great reputation and is now considered a villain by the vast majority of fans....he just took over the number one spot from Kobe who at least has a fan base in his "hometown".....the King lost his fan base in Cleveland....then again....maybe he picked up the base in Miami....
    Posted by Duke4

i just taught abou this who do the hell  cavs have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it seem everyone left.. man i feel so bad for bryant scott, he should been patient.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oreed. Show oreed's posts

In Response to Re: The Celtics Have Assembled A Deep Powerful Bench : The Celtics can make changes after Dec. 15.  Getting Shaq and Delonte for the vet's minimum is like getting them for free. Danny Ainge got so much with so little to offer. I think we should judge the Celtics after the rosters are set after the February trade deadline.  I say give Marquis Daniels a chance to prove himself. Besides, it doesn't mean that if it's not the bench you wanted it will not produce wins. 
    Posted by P34

Marquis Daniels so gone no matter what da hell he do...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: The Celtics Have Assembled A Deep Powerful Bench : Marquis Daniels so gone no matter what da hell he do...
    Posted by oreed

That's what a lot of people said last year about Tony Allen. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

It might be fun to see a line up of Shaq, Jermaine, KG, Ray, and Rondo, or Shaq, Jermaine, KG, Pierce and Rondo from time to time.

While KG is no longer at the MVP level, he was first team all NBA at small forward in 2003. I think that he could still do a fair job. During that year he held Tracy Mcgrady (previous NBA scoring champ) to zero points for the only time in Mcgrady's career.

The first line up could allow Pierce some breathing time on occasion if some of the others don't work out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dewey007boston. Show dewey007boston's posts

Re: Celtics Have Assembled Deep Powerful Bench

In Response to Re: Celtics Have Assembled Deep Powerful Bench:
    In Response to Re: Celtics Have Assembled Deep Powerful Bench :         I would have been okay with Lebron leaving, but he did it the wrong way.  His first game back in Cleveland, holy cripe, I just hope everything goes safely.  Some friends of mine are theorizing he might not even play that game.  Duke, thank you for helping me get my cranial wheels moving. That would make for a good title to a thread. 
    Posted by cavaliersfan

cavs, i feel for ya, lebron exhibited a complete lack of class, hes got bad kharma now, youre better without that circus, miami will not win a champ with their lineup, and thanks, yea, Boston is going to kick some butt in 2011, appreciate your astute appraisal of our team, GO CELTICS!

Sections
Shortcuts