The Celtics Need a Win in Atlanta

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Celtics Need a Win in Atlanta

Last year the Hawks swept the Celtics in the season series. It's time to turn things around.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

Re: The Celtics Need a Win in Atlanta

In Response to The Celtics Need a Win in Atlanta:
    Last year the Hawks swept the Celtics in the season series. It's time to turn things around.
    Posted by P34

Good luck on the 2nd game of a back to back. lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Posted by P34

I agree with you, but we just have to hope that they have the desire and energy to win most of their games against the Hawks. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Atlanta gives the Celts the most trouble out of ANY team in the East.

Could be another loss in waiting. We struggle with the younger, athletic teams. Josh Smith is a BEAST this season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Posted by P34

but its ok if they lose though right? 'cause they cant win em all...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

In Response to Re: The Celtics Need a Win in Atlanta:
    I guess they've already beaten the Raptors tomorrow.
    Posted by victorlee1234

Haven't you heard... we are only supposed to beat the good teams!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Celtics face a test with three games in four days. How is it Atlanta always plays us on the second night of a back to back?  Last year it happened twice with the Celtics playing them on the second night of back to backs.    I think it is a lot to ask with Rondo and JON hurting to win this game but who knows.

I do continue to marvel at the "brutal" almost powder puff schedule the Lakers continue to play, what gives with the NBA schedulers?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to The Celtics Need a Win in Atlanta : but its ok if they lose though right? 'cause they cant win em all...
    Posted by KGLove

I can live with losing to an OKC team without KD and Jeff Green, but I will be not in the mood if the Hawks will make it 5 straight wins against the Cs. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

The Celtics face a test with three games in four days. How is it Atlanta always plays us on the second night of a back to back?  Last year it happened twice with the Celtics playing them on the second night of back to backs.    I think it is a lot to ask with Rondo and JON hurting to win this game but who knows. I do continue to marvel at the "brutal" almost powder puff schedule the Lakers continue to play, what gives with the NBA schedulers?
    Posted by concord27

When your the back to back champions every other team wants a shot at the champs. Thus the Lakers have to stave off what every other team would consider their marquee season game. All props to the Lakers, they continue to be the team all others aspire to be.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

What if the Rapters beat us, but we beat the Hawks, is that good?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

No it's not good.  The Celtics must win both games or they will lose to the Lakers in 7 again and forever be thought of as the team that could've won 4 championships but only won one and lost two to the freaking Lakers.  That's how important these next two games are.  In fact the loss to Oklahoma City probably doomed the Celtics already.  How does a team with championship aspirations lose to a Durantless, Greenless OKC team?  You think the Lakers lose at home to OKC under those circumstances ever in a million years?  I tell ya the end is near if Boston doesn't win both games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

What if the Rapters beat us, but we beat the Hawks, is that good?
    Posted by kyceltic

The Celtics only have 2 losses in November, they can lose 2 more. If the Celtics lose 4 games in November they're still on track to win 57 games. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

No it's not good.  The Celtics must win both games or they will lose to the Lakers in 7 again and forever be thought of as the team that could've won 4 championships but only won one and lost two to the freaking Lakers.  That's how important these next two games are.  In fact the loss to Oklahoma City probably doomed the Celtics already.  How does a team with championship aspirations lose to a Durantless, Greenless OKC team?  You think the Lakers lose at home to OKC under those circumstances ever in a million years?  I tell ya the end is near if Boston doesn't win both games.
    Posted by mac1980

So you think "The end is near if Boston doesn't win both games." I'd bet you weren't cheering for the C's during the lean seasons we had not so long ago.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Yes, the CELTICs need a win in ATl, but they need totake care of business tomorrow in Toronto.  I will worry about ATL when that day comes.  Time to beat the BOSH-LESS Raptors!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

I resemble that statement Mr. Mem

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

The Celtics face a test with three games in four days. How is it Atlanta always plays us on the second night of a back to back?  Last year it happened twice with the Celtics playing them on the second night of back to backs.    I think it is a lot to ask with Rondo and JON hurting to win this game but who knows. I do continue to marvel at the "brutal" almost powder puff schedule the Lakers continue to play, what gives with the NBA schedulers?
    Posted by concord27

I do believe that all of the teams should play the same number of back to back games, but the schedule isn't the same for all teams. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

In Response to Re: The Celtics Need a Win in Atlanta : The Celtics only have 2 losses in November, they can lose 2 more. If the Celtics lose 4 games in November they're still on track to win 57 games. 
    Posted by P34

ok so now they have 1 more

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: The Celtics Need a Win in Atlanta : ok so now they have 1 more
    Posted by KGLove

Expect another loss tomorrow. If the Cs can't outrebound the Raptors there's no way they can stop the Hawks from getting a lot of offensive rebounds. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

OK, well then we can't lose any more for the month... its ok if we don't beat any 1 else since we beat MIA twice... right? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Now the Celtics, really need a win in Atlanta!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Mac,
    You are faker and not a Celtic fan.  C'mon.  You are so silly wasting your time undercover.  "The Celtics season is over if they don't beat Atlanta." Your a diehard Celtic fan.  I mean what gives are you five years old. Your welcome to post but your comments are so transparent what's the point.  Go lakers, if they lose to the Warriors tonight their season is over.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

57 games is not going to get you HCA. Won't even be good enough to win the east.
    But I agree and see the Cs winning about 55 games this year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I don't expect in a win tonight in Atlanta.  But considering Rondo is out and we are still mixing and matching our big men  I am not going to take that much out of it.

The Celtics because of the age of the big three are now without sixty win team capability.  The big three can still do it all but when the rest of team underperforms as they have they lose to teams they should beat.  This is the new reality.  The big three are not catalysts anymore.  Rondo, Baby, Nate, hopefully Delonte, need to pick up the slack.  You saw what happened in Toronto and against OKC. It probably won't end in Atlanta but if Rondo is healthy they will get it going again.

Those that don't see this as Rondo's team are insane.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I don't expect in a win tonight in Atlanta.  But considering Rondo is out and we are still mixing and matching our big men  I am not going to take that much out of it. The Celtics because of the age of the big three are now without sixty win team capability.  The big three can still do it all but when the rest of team underperforms as they have they lose to teams they should beat.  This is the new reality.  The big three are not catalysts anymore.  Rondo, Baby, Nate, hopefully Delonte, need to pick up the slack.  You saw what happened in Toronto and against OKC. It probably won't end in Atlanta but if Rondo is healthy they will get it going again. Those that don't see this as Rondo's team are insane.
    Posted by concord27

I agree with you that winning in Atlanta, especially if Rondo doesn't play tonight, which I believe he won't, will be almost impossible, but it will be a very impressive win if they can win tonight.  I agree that Rondo is the most important player on this team, but you still have the Rondo haters who claim to be Celtics fans.  They can still win tonight, if the other players have a great game and especially the bench.  It isn't very encouraging to see this team start the season so early on a losing streak. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Everyone was wrong about them having no chance of winning this one ... so basically what we've learned is they win when they WANT TO

Sections
Shortcuts