The Celtics shop free agency for bigs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

Re: The Celtics shop free agency for bigs

In Response to Re: The Celtics shop free agency for bigs:
    [QUOTE]Hell of a list....guess they'll be following in the footsteps of recent great centers like Kendrick Perkins (hands of stone), Vitaly Potapenko (lmao), JO (the big loser) etc etc etc. Come to think of it, apart from Russell what centers have boston ever had lmao. Here comes the trolls with Parish aka doofus muahahahahaha what a stiff he was.
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

Ever hear of Dave Cowens you DOOFUS!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Celtics shop free agency for bigs : I have been conflicted too. I think that the problem with Dwight is that his self perception is a little bigger than who he is.  But I believe that he will be worth it if the Celts can get him.  He is the best center in NBA today.
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]

He's a great player/athlete. But at the end of games he tends to choke and get goofy and then foul out. If Doc or another coach could calm him down some, he could really turn into something great. Not there yet.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

We should get Delembert he a quality guy for us. Good defender and rebounder,doesn't need a whole of touches.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Hell of a list....guess they'll be following in the footsteps of recent great centers like Kendrick Perkins (hands of stone), Vitaly Potapenko (lmao), JO (the big loser) etc etc etc. Come to think of it, apart from Russell what centers have boston ever had lmao. Here comes the trolls with Parish aka doofus muahahahahaha what a stiff he was.

You think Parish was a stiff.  he is in the hall of fame.  You know nothing about basketball.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Celtics shop free agency for bigs : He's a great player/athlete. But at the end of games he tends to choke and get goofy and then foul out. If Doc or another coach could calm him down some, he could really turn into something great. Not there yet.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

Now that I agree with.  DH is an amazing talent but for some reason he gets brain lock in the big moments.  I really think he needs to be co best player on a contending squad to get his championship.  If he's the leader, I'd be worried.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

What would be the team around Dwight Howard if you signed him

He wants to play on a championship ready team and with another superstar

i do not think a aging big three quite fit the bill

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]What would be the team around Dwight Howard if you signed him He wants to play on a championship ready team and with another superstar i do not think a aging big three quite fit the bill
    Posted by dirty52[/QUOTE]

The Celtics are one of the few teams that can offer Howard max money. With what Orlando has until 2013 there's no chance that team will make it back to the finals. The ideal is for Howard to go to the Lakers, but the Lakers' hands are tied until 2014. A combination of Gasol and Odom or Bynum and Odom would have to be off the Lakers' payroll in order for the Lakers to accomodate Howard's salary. Even if that happens the Lakers will no longer be a championship team because Kobe is also getting old and the Lakers are stuck with old timers Fish, Blake, and Artest.

By 2012 only Pierce will be left as the old player on the Celtics roster. The Celtics will probably also get the 1st round pick from the Clippers, which could turn out to be another future star as the 2012 draft is loaded. The bottom line is the Celtics have the money and the flexibility to suit Howard's needs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from deanocelt. Show deanocelt's posts

Kirk: Thanks for the list. Nene would be great but that's a stretct. I like Dalembert of the bunch. In reviewing Deandre Jordan's stats, I can see why some people like him; however, the guy must have the world's worst FT%. I kind of like Hawes as a possible back up but he is also a stiff on the line. Unfortunately, when considering age and reality, Kwame starts looking better and better. Ugh!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JREwing. Show JREwing's posts

Howard wants the glitz & glamour of making movies along with the money. The only place he can get that is LA LA land. Sadly, Dwight will carry Kobe to more titles just the way Shaq did. Free agent BIGS realize too late that they should have been in Boston for the tradition and the organization: Witness Shaq, JO, Artis Gilmore et. all. C's also got Spencer Haywood, McAdoo, Xavier McDaniel, and 'Nique Wilkins all past their prime

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jsmith54. Show Jsmith54's posts

i dont really think dwight will end up in green, but the thought of dwight and rondo playing together...can you say alley oop fest? the two would be probably the most athletc duo in history

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Howard wants the glitz & glamour of making movies along with the money. The only place he can get that is LA LA land. Sadly, Dwight will carry Kobe to more titles just the way Shaq did. Free agent BIGS realize too late that they should have been in Boston for the tradition and the organization: Witness Shaq, JO, Artis Gilmore et. all. C's also got Spencer Haywood, McAdoo, Xavier McDaniel, and 'Nique Wilkins all past their prime
    Posted by JREwing[/QUOTE]

If Jim Buss says Bynum is untradeable, how are the lakers going to get DH?  Howard has already said he is playing out his contract in ORL..........and the lakers are WAY over the cap.  So, the ONLY way the lakers can get DH is by trading for him at the deadline next year (if there is one), and it would have to be Bynum...........can't see it happening.  If it's at the deadline, and I'm Otis Smith, I would trade him someplace else, and get two or three good young players for him, and let him take his chances in Free Agency.  He will end up on MN or CLE.  Or any other team with cap space and a good team - can you say Boston??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

We only have aroung 8 million, so bird rights should be important, West Davis Green Murphy Pav.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

[QUOTE]Free agent centers.... Nene, Denver Nuggets - $11.4 million – Early Termination Option ($11.6 million) Marc Gasol, Memphis Grizzlies - $3.6 million – Restricted ($4.5 million Qualifying Offer) Tyson Chandler, Dallas Mavericks - $12.6 million – Unrestricted Yao Ming, Houston Rockets - $17.7 million - Unrestricted Joel Przybilla, Charlotte Bobcats - $7.4 million – Unrestricted Samuel Dalembert, Sacramento Kings – $13.4 million - Unrestricted Greg Oden, Portland Trail Blazers - $6.8 million – Restricted ($8.8 million Qualifying Offer) Spencer Hawes, Philadelphia 76ers - $3.0 million – Restricted ($4.1 million Qualifying Offer) Nenad Krstic, Boston Celtics - $5.7 million – Unrestricted Tony Battie, Philadelphia 76ers - $1.4 million – Unrestricted Kyrylo Fesenko, Utah Jazz - $1.1 million - Unrestricted Erick Dampier, Miami HEAT - $1.1 million - Unrestricted Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Miami HEAT - $1.4 million - Unrestricted Jeff Foster, Indiana Pacers - $6.7 million - Unrestricted Nazr Mohammed, Oklahoma City Thunder - $6.9 million – Unrestricted DeAndre Jordan, L.A. Clippers - $0.9 million – Restricted ($1.1 million Qualifying Offer) Kurt Thomas, Chicago Bulls - $1.4 million – Unrestricted Francisco Elson, Utah Jazz - $1.1 million – Unrestricted Hilton Armstrong, Atlanta Hawks - $0.9 million - Unrestricted Aaron Gray, New Orleans Hornets - $0.9 million – Unrestricted Jamaal Magloire, Miami HEAT - $1.4 million - Unrestricted Dan Gadzuric, New Jersey Nets - $7.2 million - Unrestricted Ryan Hollins, Cleveland Cavaliers - $2.3 million – Player Option ($2.5 million) Kwame Brown, Charlotte Bobcats - $1.3 million – Unrestricted Theo Ratliff, L.A. Lakers - $1.4 million - Unrestricted Etan Thomas, Atlanta Hawks - $1.2 million – Unrestricted Jason Collins, Atlanta Hawks - $1.2 million – Unrestricted Eddy Curry - $11.3 million - Unrestricted Hamed Haddadi, Memphis Grizzlies - $1.8 million – Unrestricted* Alexis Ajinca, Toronto Raptors - $1.5 million – Unrestricted
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]   Thanks, Old Caoch maryngary

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jsmith54. Show Jsmith54's posts

dalembert would be a good fit.  Hes a high energy defensive shot blocking big man. his offense might not be great but he can finish around the rim. good fit for the c's if they could afford him

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Celtics shop free agency for bigs : If Jim Buss says Bynum is untradeable, how are the lakers going to get DH?  Howard has already said he is playing out his contract in ORL..........and the lakers are WAY over the cap.  So, the ONLY way the lakers can get DH is by trading for him at the deadline next year (if there is one), and it would have to be Bynum...........can't see it happening.  If it's at the deadline, and I'm Otis Smith, I would trade him someplace else, and get two or three good young players for him, and let him take his chances in Free Agency.  He will end up on MN or CLE.  Or any other team with cap space and a good team - can you say Boston??
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Still in denial huh. DH will land in LA via sign and trade. Next, Bynum will be traded but only for DH.

As for him joining the smeltics....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/news/story?id=6715287&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba%2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fid%3d6715287

LMAO!!!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Never said he'd join the Celtics, but anyone with half a brain knows we would have a chance to get him next year.  Don't know how he ends up  in LA.  ONLY way is with a Bynum trade.  Buss Jr. claims he is not trading him, and I don't see how it makes you that much better.  You need a point guard, not a center.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]Never said he'd join the Celtics, but anyone with half a brain knows we would have a chance to get him next year.  Don't know how he ends up  in LA.  ONLY way is with a Bynum trade.  Buss Jr. claims he is not trading him, and I don't see how it makes you that much better.  You need a point guard, not a center.

Half a chance?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You got no pieces to trade!! Thumper-old, should retire. Wheelchair-lmao! Smirk-lmao! Brick-HAHAHAHAHA, bb-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh you must be of a mind that DH will go for max money and join a team that's ancient, a franchise that was nothing until the rape job done by mcfale, a miserable climate just to name a few.....only in boston folks, only in boston.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Celtics shop free agency for bigs : Half a chance?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA You got no pieces to trade!! Thumper-old, should retire. Wheelchair-lmao! Smirk-lmao! Brick-HAHAHAHAHA, bb-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh you must be of a mind that DH will go for max money and join a team that's ancient, a franchise that was nothing until the rape job done by mcfale, a miserable climate just to name a few.....only in boston folks, only in boston.

I am of the  midset that despite what people say, they will go for the money.  Ever heard of Johnny "I'll never play for the Yankees" Damon?  With a max deal in place for Howard, he COULD come to BOS, or he could stay in ORL.  I am of the mindset that he will stay in ORL, and the new CBA will prove me correct.  It will be MUCH harder to change teams, and, again, how does Howard instead of Bynum make you that much better?
    Feel free to pick and choose which questions you answer, AGAIN!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Celtics shop free agency for bigs : I am of the  midset that despite what people say, they will go for the money.  Ever heard of Johnny "I'll never play for the Yankees" Damon?  With a max deal in place for Howard, he COULD come to BOS, or he could stay in ORL.  I am of the mindset that he will stay in ORL, and the new CBA will prove me correct.  It will be MUCH harder to change teams, and, again, how does Howard instead of Bynum make you that much better? Feel free to pick and choose which questions you answer, AGAIN!

DH makes the Lake Show better in that he's defensively better than Bynum and does not have health issues. Bynum is the 2nd best center in the league, but DH is the best and as you know the Lakers are famed for having the best at center.....unless of course you count the time when boston had Potastenchco!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Celtics shop free agency for bigs : DH makes the Lake Show better in that he's defensively better than Bynum and does not have health issues. Bynum is the 2nd best center in the league, but DH is the best and as you know the Lakers are famed for having the best at center.....unless of course you count the time when boston had Potastenchco! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Dallas still wins as you still have no PG.  Why would ORL trade #1 for (arguably) #2?  As I've said, they will wait until the deadline, ship him to a contender for 2 or 3 young players, then let him test FA.  Once his contract is up, LAL is NOT an option anymore - hope that clears it up for you!!

Sections
Shortcuts