The Celtics stink

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: The Celtics stink

Of course they were, OneOnOne.  Remember - trade Ray before the deadline, Rondo can't shoot a free throw, KG is a shell of himself a year after injury, we have no bench, Perk is clumsy, Sheed is fat and lazy.....I remember all those posts.  

But, as someone on the team says "Anything's Possible!".  It may not be probable, but its possible so I'm going to watch and love the team.....and if they lose, I'll watch with anticipation what Danny does in the off season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: The Celtics stink:
    Of course they were, OneOnOne.  Remember - trade Ray before the deadline, Rondo can't shoot a free throw, KG is a shell of himself a year after injury, we have no bench, Perk is clumsy, Sheed is fat and lazy.....I remember all those posts.   But, as someone on the team says "Anything's Possible!".  It may not be probable, but its possible so I'm going to watch and love the team.....and if they lose, I'll watch with anticipation what Danny does in the off season.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Sounds like you have the same mindset i do.  I wouldn't give up until its a done deal.  Not in my DNA

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Yes sir, that's me. I don't want our team to develop a losing attitude. Believe you can win until someone beats you. Realistically, we will not be favored in many series but were weren't favored to beat the Lakers in 2008 nor favored to get to the finals in 2010. I'll just have fun pulling for my team and if they lose, we'll deal will rebuilding at that time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

I'm not one to give up, esp on the C's.  I wish I had the same passion for all our teams I do for the Celts (and Red Sox to a lesser extent).  I guess I think I understand basketball.  I know a limited team when I see one.  Feel free to read some of my posts for the last couple of years.  I have variously stated that Rondo is a consistent jumper away from being a league MVP and defended him against his critics and stated that Garnet is one of the best to ever lace em up etc.  I have an eye toward the future because this team is going nowhere.  Any young team can run them out of the arena on any given night.  Why settle for a lower first round pick at this point?  Would anybody fault them if they tanked or blew it up?  They have two first round pick and this is a deep draft coming.  It does terrify me to think of giving up on Rondo; his talent comes along once or twice in an NBA generation.  However, stranger things have happened.  Sheet, Houston let Moses Malone go to Philly and they eventually made it back to the finals and ultimately landed one of the best centers to ever play the position.  who knows.  I guess I really don't know but I detest mediocrity.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Shines01 says:  Would anybody fault them if they tanked or blew it up?  

To answer your point..the one thing I detest more than mediocrity is losers and cheaters.  

Why should a boxer try when he gets in the ring if he's the underdog?  Why should the Baltimore Orioles try to beat the Red Sox when the Sox are clearly better?  Why should your son or daughter try to compete on the same court when the star athlete of the school is clearly better?

Because we don't tolerate people who try to lose and just give up.  This team is not a group of losers and we should never encourage them to be.  What player WANTS to come to a team that TRIES to lose?  What respect would we have for Danny, Wyc, or Doc if they TRY to lose.  

I would fault them if they tanked and I wouldn't want my kid watching them!!  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Celtsfan4life, I'm with you buddy.  You can't stop something that doesn't quit.  Mindset, heart, and honor is everything.  

Trot Nixon beating out an infield single during a meaningless game in order to keep it alive when they are down and everyone else is ready to call it a night is what matters.  KG going down to the floor to fight for a loose ball when they are down by 20 with 2 minutes to go is when it matters most.  

By the way, I think we've got something to work with this year.  It's laughable how ready some folks are to call it a loss.     

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Yes sir, that's me. I don't want our team to develop a losing attitude. Believe you can win until someone beats you. Realistically, we will not be favored in many series but were weren't favored to beat the Lakers in 2008 nor favored to get to the finals in 2010. I'll just have fun pulling for my team and if they lose, we'll deal will rebuilding at that time.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Seems a lot of guys get so upset about games.  The get crazy even when the C's win, then go over the top when they lose.  How can you enjoy the game looking at it like that.  The only game like that for me tis year is the one we gave away agains the Cavs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

I say blow it up or tank.  Focus on the future.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Did I mention these guys stink?
    Posted by shines01

They have 4 wins against plus 500 teams - two against Orlando when they were in their funk and 1 against Indy and 1 against the Bulls without Rose.....  if they beat the Bulls again Thurs night without Rose the re-res on this board will be saying they can beat anyone because they beat the Bulls twice without Rose.....

Yes they stink........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

This team should have been blown up after the loss to the Lakers (2009-10) in the NBA Finals. Maybe then we could have gotten something for our aging, injury-prone superstars. The rebounding and turnovers are awful and Rondo is really the only one who can reliably bring the ball up. It's just that he usually can't be trusted to hit free throws late in games. We give the ball to Pierce in late-game situations cause he can hit free throws, but he's just as apt to have the ball stripped trying to beat the double team or throw the ball into the stands. Maybe they'll make the playoffs, but with this lineup they'll never make it past Philly, Indiana, Atlanta, Chicago or Miami in the East. Out in the West there are probably 4 or 5 teams that are better than the Celtics.
    Posted by trouts

It was never gonna happen that Doc and co would give up on the 'Ageing 3' because it was Doc that infamously came out and said "this starting 5 has never lost a series". Doc wanted to prove a point and when things started going awry, he got Shaq to get the Lakers length etc. Now Doc has the remnants of a failed battle plan.

As for the west, I'd say the top 8 are easily better than the celts. Maybe even top 10.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: The Celtics stink : It was never gonna happen that Doc and co would give up on the 'Ageing 3' because it was Doc that infamously came out and said "this starting 5 has never lost a series". Doc wanted to prove a point and when things started going awry, he got Shaq to get the Lakers length etc. Now Doc has the remnants of a failed battle plan. As for the west, I'd say the top 8 are easily better than the celts. Maybe even top 10.
    Posted by Elven 32

A one point win in overtime makes you "easily" better!!
    Good grief!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: The Celtics stink : A one point win in overtime makes you "easily" better!! Good grief!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Laughed Out Loud.  The trolls should try to make intelligent statements rather than stupid ones, huh?  Way to call him on it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I don't know..that the team is currently #2 in their division in spite of Danny Ainge says something. I don't want the team to intentionally tank. I want them to do well. They have as lot of things going against them this year..the last thing they need is fair weather fans who only support them when they are up in the Win column.
    I doubt any Celtics fan expects them to go very far this year..but I would hardly say "they stink".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

I don't know..that the team is currently #2 in their division in spite of Danny Ainge says something. I don't want the team to intentionally tank. I want them to do well. They have as lot of things going against them this year..the last thing they need is fair weather fans who only support them when they are up in the Win column. I doubt any Celtics fan expects them to go very far this year..but I would hardly say "they stink".
    Posted by miscricket

They are playing a 68 game preseason and it would be nice once in a while to see them beat one of the teams that they may actually see in the playoffs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

They are playing a 68 game preseason and it would be nice once in a while to see them beat one of the teams that they may actually see in the playoffs.

a little too much hot air there, dudder. check the past dozen games and see where celtics have met such criteria several times.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Boston fans are so harsh. Does it stink to lose in the finals(to the Lakers) of course. But hey at least the big 3 won 1 championship. The Pats just played in the SB. Lost, but they had a shot. The Bruins won the Stanley Cup last season. LAST SEASON. And the SOX are ready to role this season. There are plenty of cities that wish they had this resume. Every year is not going to be a banner year. Injuries, trades, etc. all factor in. Fans need to losen up a bit on the Cs, and the rest. Enjoy the ride, whether it be good or bad.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

I don't know why but I have zero confidence in this team.  I hate this season.  Maybe it was the stike/lockout or whatever they called it but I just hate the NBA right now.  Oh yeah, how did the Celts lose to the Pistons tonight??  Whatever

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

This group had a nice run , but it is over. It is time for rebuilding .  They might be able to eke into the playoffs , but they are no longer a championship caliber team. It really hurts when you see the Knicks finding a star , and turning their season around. Sad to say , but the Celts have to be dismantled. They need to get younger and tougher. It is going to take awhile , but it should start now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Oh wait...now I know why I have zero confidence in this team.  It's because they STINK.  Blow it up, this is painful.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

This group had a nice run , but it is over. It is time for rebuilding .  They might be able to eke into the playoffs , but they are no longer a championship caliber team. It really hurts when you see the Knicks finding a star , and turning their season around. Sad to say , but the Celts have to be dismantled. They need to get younger and tougher. It is going to take awhile , but it should start now.
    Posted by dgalehouse

Amen, my thoughts exactly, other teams are open to other possibilities and we have stuck to three aging stars who have alas run of out of gas. Let's move forward and take our medicine. We beat up on the league for a good four years.

Sections
Shortcuts