The championship is tainted

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

The championship is tainted

I can't believe the lousy home job the Heat got from the refs. C'mon, 24 more FTs against the Mavs? in a game 7? The Mavs played great ball, leading by 15 and it's totally unacceptable that the Heat won merely because the refs got an order from Fuhrer Stern to punish Cuban ...

And this Queen LeBronze? he's the GOAT? he shot 9-32 and he ended up with the MVP. What an injustice. The Heat championship would be forever remembered as the darkest day in the NBA. As far as I am concerned, the Mavs won a championship, we should send a petition to Fuhrer Stern to void the Heat's title.

What? the series ended in 6? Don't give me that BS!!!

When the lower seed is leading 3-2, the series aren't meant to end in 6. Game 6 was supposed to be a giveaway, i.e. a game for the Mavs to relax and enjoy the beach. They come to Miami only to play game 7. Don't they get an order from Fuhrer Stern that the series must go 7 in order to maximize revenue?

How dare they win the series in 6?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

Re: The championship is tainted

In Response to Re: The championship is tainted:
    [QUOTE]Dude, I really think that you need to get off that crack. There is obviously something very wrong with you. Normally I would have chalked up your rant as merely another Laker fan with an inferiority complex posting on a Celtics board for the simple reason that your lakers always get their *sses kicked by Boston and you can't stand it  but this time I think that there is something much more than that. You are obviously obsessed with the Celtics. I seriously believe that you need to get some help.
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

Who has gotten their 'sses kicked 3 of the last 4?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The championship is tainted : Who has gotten their 'sses kicked 3 of the last 4?
    Posted by lakersavenger[/QUOTE]

Thought the 08 was tainted?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rampageimt23. Show rampageimt23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The championship is tainted : Who has gotten their 'sses kicked 3 of the last 4?
    Posted by lakersavenger[/QUOTE]

Who has gotten their a s s e s kicked in NBA Finals 9 out of 12 times by the Celtics?  I will give you a hint...their team name begins with an L and ends in an S....and in case you can't figure it out, in between the L and S is AKER.  Got it.  Now shut up and get back in your mothers basement.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAkeravenger. Show LAkeravenger's posts

You keep going back to the pre-modern era where there was, what, half a dozen teams with mostly out of shape white dudes running around in bikinis and all the players working at the carwash in the summer to help pay their rent. Nobody cares or remembers what they saw on their little black and white screens inside giant boxes. In the modern era, the Lakers have beaten the cs 75% of the time, that's what everybody remembers. And that's what counts, not Mel Counts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The championship is tainted : Who has gotten their a s s e s kicked in NBA Finals 9 out of 12 times by the Celtics?  I will give you a hint...their team name begins with an L and ends in an S....and in case you can't figure it out, in between the L and S is AKER.  Got it.  Now shut up and get back in your mothers basement.
    Posted by rampageimt23[/QUOTE]

Who didn't even get the chance to get their S kicked in the NBA finals 13 out of 16 times? rather handed over those chances to the Magic, the Nets, the Pistons, the 76ers? huh?

The next thing you are going to tell me is that losing in the 2nd round is really what you want, rather than reaching the final, right?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]
    Dude, I really think that you need to get off that crack. There is obviously something very wrong with you. Normally I would have chalked up your rant as merely another Laker fan with an inferiority complex[/QUOTE]

Dude, a normally choking team just showed you how to win an NBA championship while leading 3-2 and going on the road to clinch. THAT IS TO FINISH THE JOB IN 6!!!

On the other hand, your team laid down like dogs in game 6 and then whined about the refs home job in game 7. You should know that you only had ONE chance, NOT TWO, to clinch the title, and you blew it big time.

When the lower seed is leading 3-2 in the 2-3-2 format, the title is always decided in game 6. Whoever wins game 6 wins the series. The lower seed wants to mail in game 6 and clinch in game 7? Not a chance!

Under 2-3-2, there have been 9 occasions that the lower seed was leading 3-2 while heading to the other teams' arenas for the final two games:

Winning games 6 & 7 at home - 1955 Syracuse Nationals, 1988 Lakers, 1994 Rockets, 2010 Lakers.
    Winning game 6 on the road - 1985 Lakers, 1993 Bulls, 1998 Bulls, 2006 Heat, 2011 Mavericks.

The funny thing is that all except one road teams played competitively in game 6, the 1955 Pistons lost by 5 points, the 1988 Pistons lost by 1 and the 1994 Knicks lost by 2, while all the other road teams won their games 6. Only 1 out of 9 lower seeds leading the final series 3-2 quitted - clobbered by 22 points. Guess which team it was...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosportfan. Show bosportfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The championship is tainted : Who didn't even get the chance to get their S kicked in the NBA finals 13 out of 16 times? rather handed over those chances to the Magic, the Nets, the Pistons, the 76ers? huh? The next thing you are going to tell me is that losing in the 2nd round is really what you want, rather than reaching the final, right?
    Posted by MajicMVP[/QUOTE]

What is an S kicked? Would that be like the Mavericks  sweeping you in the second round? The funny thing is they got so much rest and relaxation during the so called series with the fakers they were able to beat the heat. Lets face it faker fans your screwed for the future and all Boston teams can do is keep winning titles ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haMoney mouth

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosportfan. Show bosportfan's posts

[QUOTE]Dude, a normally choking team just showed you how to win an NBA championship while leading 3-2 and going on the road to clinch. THAT IS TO FINISH THE JOB IN 6!!! On the other hand, your team laid down like dogs in game 6 and then whined about the refs home job in game 7. You should know that you only had ONE chance, NOT TWO, to clinch the title, and you blew it big time. When the lower seed is leading 3-2 in the 2-3-2 format, the title is always decided in game 6. Whoever wins game 6 wins the series. The lower seed wants to mail in game 6 and clinch in game 7? Not a chance! Under 2-3-2, there have been 9 occasions that the lower seed was leading 3-2 while heading to the other teams' arenas for the final two games: Winning games 6 & 7 at home - 1955 Syracuse Nationals, 1988 Lakers, 1994 Rockets, 2010 Lakers. Winning game 6 on the road - 1985 Lakers, 1993 Bulls, 1998 Bulls, 2006 Heat, 2011 Mavericks. The funny thing is that all except one road teams played competitively in game 6, the 1955 Pistons lost by 5 points, the 1988 Pistons lost by 1 and the 1994 Knicks lost by 2, while all the other road teams won their games 6. Only 1 out of 9 lower seeds leading the final series 3-2 quitted - clobbered by 22 points. Guess which team it was...

Did this moron just say game six? How many games did LA lay down in before it was over???? What a jackazz ha ha ha ha ha Foot in mouth

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Reason it's 2-3-2 is because the HOME, FAVORED team has HCA.

Can't quit or choke if you're not the favored team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

It's as if hedleylamarr never left.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

In Response to The championship is tainted:
    [QUOTE]I can't believe the lousy home job the Heat got from the refs. C'mon, 24 more FTs against the Mavs? in a game 7? The Mavs played great ball, leading by 15 and it's totally unacceptable that the Heat won merely because the refs got an order from Fuhrer Stern to punish Cuban ... And this Queen LeBronze? he's the GOAT? he shot 9-32 and he ended up with the MVP. What an injustice. The Heat championship would be forever remembered as the darkest day in the NBA. As far as I am concerned, the Mavs won a championship, we should send a petition to Fuhrer Stern to void the Heat's title. What? the series ended in 6? Don't give me that BS!!! When the lower seed is leading 3-2, the series aren't meant to end in 6. Game 6 was supposed to be a giveaway, i.e. a game for the Mavs to relax and enjoy the beach. They come to Miami only to play game 7. Don't they get an order from Fuhrer Stern that the series must go 7 in order to maximize revenue? How dare they win the series in 6?

Having seen this board, don't you get it?  It's only tainted when the Celtics lose.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The championship is tainted : Having seen this board, don't you get it?  It's only tainted when the Celtics lose.
    Posted by icnd[/QUOTE]

Dats da troof!

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosportfan. Show bosportfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The championship is tainted : Dats da troof! Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

That's funny i just read a few posts last night about how the faker trolls complaining about how they got screwed on the calls ha ha ha ha ha ha the reality the only one that got screwed by the fakers is that poor teenage girl that kobe raped.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thrombosis. Show thrombosis's posts

So when did the Celtics win a tainted championship? They have won so many some of them must have been tainted.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]So when did the Celtics win a tainted championship? They have won so many some of them must have been tainted.  
    Posted by thrombosis[/QUOTE]

No, no, every Celtics Title is as pure as the driven snow. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

I agree with Majic on this one, the Mavs title is tainted because the Mavs beat the Lakers by default. After collapsing in game 1 the Lakers didn't show up for games 2, 3, and 4, figuratively speaking of course.

There's no doubt in my mind if the Lakers didn't quit against the Mavs it would have been Kobe vs. Lebron in the finals. The Lakers got a great Phil, a great Kobe, a great frontcourt, and a great bench. Too bad they didn't feel like playing after collapsing in game 1 against the Mavs. But hey, that's life! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]Reason it's 2-3-2 is because the HOME, FAVORED team has HCA. Can't quit or choke if you're not the favored team.
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

So are you going to retract that the Lakers quitted in game 6 of the 2008 final? can't quit if you are not the favored team, can't quit if you are not about to clinch...

You don't recognize contradiction when it hits you on the face.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with Majic on this one, the Mavs title is tainted because the Mavs beat the Lakers by default.
    Posted by 21st[/QUOTE]

I said the Heat's championship is tainted after winning a "home job" game 7, NOT the Mav's championship is tainted...

Oops, that didn't happen?

Well, the Mavs proved that there was a very simple way to prevent a "home job" game 7 win, something that the Celtics never learned...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The championship is tainted : I said the Heat's championship is tainted after winning a "home job" game 7, NOT the Mav's championship is tainted... Oops, that didn't happen? Well, the Mavs proved that there was a very simple way to prevent a "home job" game 7 win, something that the Celtics never learned...

There is nothing wrong with the Celtics losing to the Lakers in Game 7. What's unacceptable is the defending champions quit in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

It's also true that if the Lakers didn't quit they would have easily beaten the Heat in the finals. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The championship is tainted : There is nothing wrong with the Celtics losing to the Lakers in Game 7. What's unacceptable is the defending champions quit in the 2nd round of the playoffs.
    Posted by Tachometrix[/QUOTE]

Unacceptable? interesting. 2nd round in the playoffs:

Game 6, double-digit lead in the 2nd half, then outscored 38-20.

Game 7 AT HOME, got blow out by 19 points

What's unacceptable is the defending champions quit in the 2nd round of the playoffs, AFTER LEADING THE SERIES BY 3-2. The franchise had NEVER LOST A SERIES after leading 3-2...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The championship is tainted : So are you going to retract that the Lakers quitted in game 6 of the 2008 final? can't quit if you are not the favored team, can't quit if you are not about to clinch... You don't recognize contradiction when it hits you on the face.

First of all, it's QUIT- not quitted - Scottish people can't speak English.
    Secondly, you have me confused with someone else.  Must be either your age, or you hate for me, or both.  I NEVER said the lakers quit in Game 6 of 2008 - they simply got it handed to them by the better team......just like we did last year.  I don't contradict myself - perhaps you should check the meaning ot the word.  The lakers didn't quit - they got hammered by a superior team - also never said they quit this year against DAL..Once again, they got hammered by a superior team.  The only PERSON I said that quit was LeBron!  Historically quit!  Wilt-like quit!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The championship is tainted : Are you for real? How many games did KG play in that series? We all know when Pau was still in Memphis Kobe and the Lakers couldn't even get out of the 1st round. Just because Glen Davis made a shot at the buzzer in Game 4 of that series it doesn't mean the Celtics, without KG, were supposed to beat the 2009 Orlando Magic.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

The injury excuse again?

Injury is PART OF THE GAME, just like drafting Randy Foye/Ron Mercer and giving away Joe Johnson/Chauncey are PART OF THE GAME. KG played 0 game, then how come they were leading the series 3-2 and leading by 10 points in the 2nd half of game 6, huh?

Tell me a team leading a series 3-2 is not supposed to be good enough to win the series. A team not supposed to be good enough is one like the 2011 Celtics, trailing LeChoke 0-2 and 1-3 in the series...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

wait....let me get this straight (and I could be, must be wrong here)....are we talking about 2009? ....where we played without our best player for the entire playoffs?....and came within a game of making the conference finals....?

....like the Lakers playing without Kobe and getting this far....?   ...is this the issue?

if so....I can only say.....WOW...

Sections
Shortcuts