The championship is tainted

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

Re: The championship is tainted

In Response to Re: The championship is tainted:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The championship is tainted : http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1737782/boston_celtics_beat_orlando_magic_on.html WRONG!  If Glen Davis missed that shot the Magic would have been up 3-1 in that series. And I'm not using KG's injury as an excuse, what I said was the Celts were not supposed to win that series because KG was out for the entire playoffs.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Quiz for you: since when were the Celtics not supposed to win a series?

Answer: since they get eliminated, then they become this pitiful underdog all in a sudden. I mean, look at the Miami series,

- starting with all these "Celtics in 6" here,
    - trailing 0-2 and still Celtics in 6,
    - trailing 1-3 and then Celtics will win game 5, game 6 is a lock, and Celtics will win game 7

"not supposed to win that series"? There you go again, everytime the Celtics got eliminated, they weren't supposed to win the series. Too bad you didn't notify your fellow posters early enough...

News for you: Glen Davis hit that shot, series tied 2-2. No ifs or buts.

More news for you: Stepon Marbury played the best game in Celtics uniform in game 5, and they led the series 3-2.

Since the led the series 3-2, they WERE SUPPOSED to win that series.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with Majic on this one, the Mavs title is tainted because the Mavs beat the Lakers by default. After collapsing in game 1 the Lakers didn't show up for games 2, 3, and 4, figuratively speaking of course. There's no doubt in my mind if the Lakers didn't quit against the Mavs it would have been Kobe vs. Lebron in the finals. The Lakers got a great Phil, a great Kobe, a great frontcourt, and a great bench. Too bad they didn't feel like playing after collapsing in game 1 against the Mavs. But hey, that's life! 
    Posted by 21st[/QUOTE]

BS! They got swept. If they gave up too bad. The Lakers choked big in two of those games. Bottom line, the Mavs were better then the Lakers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The championship is tainted : Quiz for you: since when were the Celtics not supposed to win a series? Answer: since they get eliminated, then they become this pitiful underdog all in a sudden. I mean, look at the Miami series, - starting with all these "Celtics in 6" here, - trailing 0-2 and still Celtics in 6, - trailing 1-3 and then Celtics will win game 5, game 6 is a lock, and Celtics will win game 7 "not supposed to win that series"? There you go again, everytime the Celtics got eliminated, they weren't supposed to win the series. Too bad you didn't notify your fellow posters early enough... News for you: Glen Davis hit that shot, series tied 2-2. No ifs or buts. More news for you: Stepon Marbury played the best game in Celtics uniform in game 5, and they led the series 3-2. Since the led the series 3-2, they WERE SUPPOSED to win that series.
    Posted by MajicMVP[/QUOTE]

I don't know why you waste so much time with that idiot Fiercest34.  He makes the dumbest arguments such as:  If you take away Shaq's and Duncan's Titles, the West would've won only 3 out of the last 12 Championships.  He's a nitwit extraordinaire.

If you have to respond to him, don't waste your time with facts and figures, just smack him with a couple of words and send him on his way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The championship is tainted : Quiz for you: since when were the Celtics not supposed to win a series? Answer: since they get eliminated, then they become this pitiful underdog all in a sudden. I mean, look at the Miami series, - starting with all these "Celtics in 6" here, - trailing 0-2 and still Celtics in 6, - trailing 1-3 and then Celtics will win game 5, game 6 is a lock, and Celtics will win game 7 "not supposed to win that series"? There you go again, everytime the Celtics got eliminated, they weren't supposed to win the series. Too bad you didn't notify your fellow posters early enough... News for you: Glen Davis hit that shot, series tied 2-2. No ifs or buts. More news for you: Stepon Marbury played the best game in Celtics uniform in game 5, and they led the series 3-2. Since the led the series 3-2, they WERE SUPPOSED to win that series.

Nah, without their best player, they were lucky to get by CHI!
    Take koME off the Lakers for an entire playoffs, and see how far you get!

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The championship is tainted : Nah, without their best player, they were lucky to get by CHI! Take koME off the Lakers for an entire playoffs, and see how far you get!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Yeah, without Bynum, they were lucky to win in 2008...

Funny you don't think luck worked both ways...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The championship is tainted : Unfortunately it wasn't I that said the Celts would beat the Heat in 6. Marbury played his best game in Game 5, true. But you really think having one great game wins you the series?  Glen Davis made the shot to tie it 2-2, but did it ever occur to you that it was just a lucky shot? The Celts entered the 2009 playoffs without KG. A Laker troll like you expected the Celts to make it all the way to the Finals without KG? YOU'RE LYING! HAHAHA!!! By the way, without Pau Gasol did the Lakers get past the 1st round in 2006 and 2007?

You realize you have to win 3 games to lead the series 3-2, don't you?

No, I don't realize that was a lucky shot. A win is a win. Do you think a team leading the series 3-2 is only due to a lucky shot?

A Celtic troll playing pitiful underdog? that's really news to me. BTW, what happen to the two HOFers? I mean, you folks have been trashing DH12 as garbage, you think a team with 2 HOFers and 1 all-star would be an underdog to a team with only DH12?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]wait....let me get this straight (and I could be, must be wrong here)....are we talking about 2009? ....where we played without our best player for the entire playoffs?....and came within a game of making the conference finals....? ....like the Lakers playing without Kobe and getting this far....?   ...is this the issue? if so....I can only say.....WOW...
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

See, playing that pitiful underdog again.

You mean 2 HOFers aren't enough to offset this, according to someone here, "a sad poodle of a team"? 

Yep, Lakers is a one-man team. The Celtics had the Big THREE. You don't think 3-1 = 0, do you? or are you going back to school for math lessons again?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The championship is tainted : See, playing that pitiful underdog again. You mean 2 HOFers aren't enough to offset this, according to someone here, "a sad poodle of a team"?  Yep, Lakers is a one-man team. The Celtics had the Big THREE. You don't think 3-1 = 0, do you? or are you going back to school for math lessons again?

You seem to know a lot about the Celtics, why not become a Celtic fan?

That way we can you WheelchairMVP. lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The championship is tainted : You seem to know a lot about the Celtics, why not become a Celtic fan? That way we can you WheelchairMVP. lol
    Posted by 21st[/QUOTE]

Not really. I know more about Celtics fans hypocrisy, contradictions, illogic...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The championship is tainted : First of all, it's QUIT- not quitted - Scottish people can't speak English. Secondly, you have me confused with someone else.  Must be either your age, or you hate for me, or both.  I NEVER said the lakers quit in Game 6 of 2008 - they simply got it handed to them by the better team......just like we did last year.  I don't contradict myself - perhaps you should check the meaning ot the word.  The lakers didn't quit - they got hammered by a superior team - also never said they quit this year against DAL..Once again, they got hammered by a superior team.  The only PERSON I said that quit was LeBron!  Historically quit!  Wilt-like quit!

What do they say about Americans don't know grammar?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/quit

verb, quit or quit·ted, quit·ting,

You said:

"Reason it's 2-3-2 is because the HOME, FAVORED team has HCA.
    Can't quit or choke if you're not the favored team."

1) the home, favored team has HCA?

Just a few days ago, your own post said that the Lakers were favorites in 2008, albeit not having HCA. Posted on 6/11/2011, 1:50 PM EDT:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion%3ad53a720e-357a-4bfa-ae4d-9dacc3ed5278&plckCurrentPage=1

"the Lakers would win both Games 6 and 7.  They were favored all year - AND they were favored all year in 2008.  When you are FAVORED to win, all you can do is collapse.  "

Using your logic of HOME, FAVORED TEAM has HCA, then how come

- the Lakers the favorite team (according to you) in the 2008 final despite the Celtics had HCA?
    - the Celtics were not supposed to win in 2009 against the Magic despite having HCA?

See, that's the best part arguing with you. Give you a rope and you'll take care of yourself...

2) Of course a team without the HCA can choke. Look at Portland in game 7 of the 2000 WCF. Leading by 15 points in the 4th at Staples, they choked. Look at the 2002 ECF game 3, the Nets choked by blowing a 20-point 4th quarter lead AT TD.

Likewise, the Celtics choked by blowing consecutive 3-2 leads. They weren't expected to win one at Staples? Heck, since the 2-3-2 format in 1985, teams leading 3-2 going to the other teams arenas for two games in the finals won FIVE GAME 6 OUT OF EIGHT TIMES. So who's the favorite here?

The best part is that you made up something out of thin air and consider it as a rule. "Can't choke or quit without the HCA". What a laugh!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The championship is tainted : Not really. I know more about Celtics fans hypocrisy, contradictions, illogic...

You talk about hypocrisy and you're in a Celtics forum posting crap about the Celtics. Such a hypocrite you!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The championship is tainted : You talk about hypocrisy and you're in a Celtics forum posting crap about the Celtics. Such a hypocrite you!
    Posted by Tachometrix[/QUOTE]

Well, if what I posted was crap, why don't you point out which one is contradictoary or not factual? I can't wait...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The championship is tainted : Well, if what I posted was crap, why don't you point out which one is contradictoary or not factual? I can't wait...

Let's start where you said the Celts were supposed to beat the Magic in 2009. Besides you, who else predicted the Celtics would beat the Magic in that series? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The championship is tainted : Let's start where you said the Celts were supposed to beat the Magic in 2009. Besides you, who else predicted the Celtics would beat the Magic in that series? 
    Posted by Tachometrix[/QUOTE]

Three words: HCA. That's what your alter-ego Hedley claimed, the team with HCA is favored.

And you are so naive that it isn't even funny. Who else predicted the Celtics would beat the Magic in that series?

Check out the thread "Celtics beat Magin in 7", that was posted on 5/3/2009, before game 1:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9529Discussion%3afead9705-e222-4606-a5b5-32b9c181a2dd

BiasLewis: I would be shocked if we lost this series...shocked!

Cheeseman:  I fully expect us to sack up and take this thing.

In the thread "Celtics, even without KG and Leon, slight favorite to win series"

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9529Discussion%3aa3ee1ff1-eacc-4417-ac02-f308114e5422

Steve3344: Even without KG and Leon, Boston is PK-120 to win the series over Orlando

In the thread: "In the end, it's Boston!"

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9529Discussion%3af464d6f0-e0e0-4202-b900-971140458d84

The greatest question of all is going to be more than likely asking Cleveland (maybe Atlanta, but probably not) why with homecourt, best home record, greatest player since Jordan, they still couldn't knock off the Celtics.

And that was before the Celtics played the Magic!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rampageimt23. Show rampageimt23's posts

You obviously don't know the definition of choke.  Choking is losing a game or series when you have a substantial lead.  Let me point out some examples for you.  2000 NBA WCF Game 7: Lakers vs. Blazers.  Blazers choked.  2011 NBA Playoffs First Round Game 3: Mavs vs. Blazers.  Mavs choked.  2002 Eastern Conference Finals Game 2: Celtics vs. Nets.  Nets choked.  2004 ALCS: Yanks vs. Red Sox.  Yanks choked from Games 4-7.  I would hardly call leading 3-2 in a series going on the road for 2 games against the favorite to win it all a choke.  We got beat badly in Game 6 last year and we had Game 7 all but won until we ran out of gas in the 4th. 

You just like to come on this board and throw out dumb facts and non facts to try and spin everything in favor of the Lakers or the city of LA.  Like the NBA championship count is 10-4 in favor of the Lakers because you are only counting them since the merger.  Or how when in response to how many titles the city of Boston has compared to the city of LA mysteriously included the Anaheim Duck and Anaheim Angels in there.  Anaheim and LA are not even in the same county by the way.  Here is a fact.  The Lakers have had more HIV positive players on their team than the Boston Celtics.   That is a fact but guess what it is a meaningless fact like a majority of the ones you present.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rampageimt23. Show rampageimt23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The championship is tainted : Don't waste your time, he's crazy!

We all know that.  He just thinks he oozes facts that make sense.  It is one thing to state a fact but another thing for it to make sense in relation to the conversation.  He knows he has no leg to stand on when it comes to these arguements so he just throws a random stupid fact out there as if it backs up what he is saying.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]You obviously don't know the definition of choke.  Choking is losing a game or series when you have a substantial lead.  Let me point out some examples for you.  2000 NBA WCF Game 7: Lakers vs. Blazers.  Blazers choked.  2011 NBA Playoffs First Round Game 3: Mavs vs. Blazers.  Mavs choked.  2002 Eastern Conference Finals Game 2: Celtics vs. Nets.  Nets choked.  2004 ALCS: Yanks vs. Red Sox.  Yanks choked from Games 4-7.  I would hardly call leading 3-2 in a series going on the road for 2 games against the favorite to win it all a choke. [/QUOTE]
    Who's the favorite here?

Since the NBA reverted to the 2-3-2 format in 1985, up to game 6 of 2010, the lower seed leading 3-2 were 4-2 in game 6 (W: 1985, 1993, 1998, 2006, L: 1988, 1994). Counting this past two years, the lower seed is 5-3.

So, pray tell, why were the Lakers favorites?

Don't you realize the team leading 3-2 is a bigger favorite than the higher seed with HCA?

Of course, knowing you guys always like to play that pitiful underdog after losing, that's not a surprise.

[QUOTE]
     We got beat badly in Game 6 last year and we had Game 7 all but won until we ran out of gas in the 4th.  You just like to come on this board and throw out dumb facts and non facts to try and spin everything in favor of the Lakers or the city of LA.  [/QUOTE]
    Dumb facts like the lower seed was 4-2 in that situation? or dumb fact like the team with a 4-2 historical trend still being the underdog?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The championship is tainted : We all know that.  He just thinks he oozes facts that make sense.  It is one thing to state a fact but another thing for it to make sense in relation to the conversation.  He knows he has no leg to stand on when it comes to these arguements so he just throws a random stupid fact out there as if it backs up what he is saying.
    Posted by rampageimt23[/QUOTE]

Yes, your favorite facts are 9-3 and 17-4. I wonder why it is your favorite conversation since it's also a fact that when the other team won 13 of their titles, your team wasn't even good enough to lose in the final, and your team is only 21-11 in conference finals.

I mean, you can use some "facts" to build your argument as if it makes sense, so can I. I've been using this trick for years...

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The championship is tainted : So it's just a trick! You should be a magician! HAHAHA!!!

Yep, that's all I need to counter you folks' joking arguments...

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The championship is tainted : What do they say about Americans don't know grammar? http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/quit verb , quit or quit·ted, quit·ting, You said: "Reason it's 2-3-2 is because the HOME, FAVORED team has HCA. Can't quit or choke if you're not the favored team." 1) the home, favored team has HCA? Just a few days ago, your own post said that the Lakers were favorites in 2008, albeit not having HCA. Posted on 6/11/2011, 1:50 PM EDT: http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion%3ad53a720e-357a-4bfa-ae4d-9dacc3ed5278&plckCurrentPage=1 "the Lakers would win both Games 6 and 7.  They were favored all year - AND they were favored all year in 2008 .  When you are FAVORED to win, all you can do is collapse.  " Using your logic of HOME, FAVORED TEAM has HCA, then how come - the Lakers the favorite team (according to you) in the 2008 final despite the Celtics had HCA? - the Celtics were not supposed to win in 2009 against the Magic despite having HCA? See, that's the best part arguing with you. Give you a rope and you'll take care of yourself... 2) Of course a team without the HCA can choke. Look at Portland in game 7 of the 2000 WCF. Leading by 15 points in the 4th at Staples, they choked. Look at the 2002 ECF game 3, the Nets choked by blowing a 20-point 4th quarter lead AT TD. Likewise, the Celtics choked by blowing consecutive 3-2 leads. They weren't expected to win one at Staples? Heck, since the 2-3-2 format in 1985, teams leading 3-2 going to the other teams arenas for two games in the finals won FIVE GAME 6 OUT OF EIGHT TIMES. So who's the favorite here? The best part is that you made up something out of thin air and consider it as a rule. "Can't choke or quit without the HCA". What a laugh!

WOW - you have deep, deep, deep problems.  Too many to address here.  So here are a couple, don't bother responding as it will be a waste of your time - no answer from me:
    BUT - here are a few tidbits for you -
    http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/grammarlogs4/grammarlogs595.htm

Normally, when we use the past tense of "quit" to mean "stopped," it is spelled that way, as in "He quit bugging his sister." But if you mean "left," the past tense form "quitted" would be acceptable, at least in England: "Her finances dried up and she quitted the area, moving to Montana." In the U.S., you'd undoubtedly be better off using "left."

From Garner's Modern American Usageby Bryan Garner. Copyright 2003 by Bryan A. Garner. Published by Oxford University Press, Inc., www.oup-usa.org, and used with the gracious consent of Oxford University Press

So, unless you mean the lakers LEFT the playoffs, using quitted is incorrect.  Please do not come back with a dictionary, I never said it was not a word, you just used it incorrectly.

I will not get into records, but no one keeps track of how many times one loses, except Cubs fans, and maybe those who follow the Glasgow Rangers.  No one cares how many times you lost, only how many you've won.  Boston 17, lakers of Minneapolis plus Inglewood plus LA 16.

Comprehension 101 - I never said anything about Bynum playing in the playoffs.  What I said was this - until he got hurt, the lakers did not pursue Pau Gasol from the Griz.  AFTER he got hurt, they made an offer.  And since CHI had an offer of Noah, Nocioni and Deng, the fact the lakers got him for Kwame Brown and some stiffs ( please don't tell me they knew Marc Gasol would be good, he had ZERO experience) is highly suspect.

Lastly, I can tell you are not a gambler.  The Miami Heat are the FAVORITES already to win next year............that means if they don't, they choke.  The odds will not change if they get down 3-2, or if they have HCA.  They are the favorites to win, and all they can do is choke.  The lakers were the favorites last year - and they didn't choke.  Boston's winning would have been an upset, so they could not choke.  I know that is very difficult for you, but Vegas would not give you your money back if you team makes it to the Finals and gets down 3-2.  That has nothing to do with it.  MIA choked this year, Dal didn't.  LAL were favorites last year, and they won.....................deal with it.

Any other problems you have, you really need therapy for, as I can do no more for you!

Sections
Shortcuts