The Chase for #18

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

The Chase for #18

Celtics Training Camp opens today!!

Oh YESSS!!  Basketball is back

I'm really going to enjoy this season. The team is deep, we have vets, we have youth, we have size and we know the hunger is there. Rondo is officially the leader now.

Now someone tell Jason Terry to pipe down and just play ball. We know he's excited about being a Celtic but we play we don't talk.

Enjoy the season!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: The Chase for #18

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Celtics Training Camp opens today!!

Oh YESSS!!  Basketball is back

I'm really going to enjoy this season. The team is deep, we have vets, we have youth, we have size and we know the hunger is there. Rondo is officially the leader now.

Now someone tell Jason Terry to pipe down and just play ball. We know he's excited about being a Celtic but we play we don't talk.

Enjoy the season!!

[/QUOTE]

Rondo the official leader????

Who is the unofficial leader.... the one the team looks to at crunch time?

CPP? KG?

Hey good luck with that.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jacqm64. Show jacqm64's posts

I'm so excited for the upcoming season. 

The Celtics Training Camp will be very competive.  I look forward to hearing about the battles in practice, between the starters and bench and rookies vs vets.

I agree please tell Jason Terry to calm down and let his game do the talking.

Let's go Celtics !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from larrykevinchief. Show larrykevinchief's posts

I hope Sullinger plays so well that Doc is forced to start him.  That would do two great things:

1.  Put Bass back on the bench, giving us a very dangerous bench.

2.  Put all the "Doc doesn't play rookies" nonsense to bed forever.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Walter never waived the white towel, that was  ML Carr - Tommy should stick to the lakers!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

No, not TOO - that would mean I agree that Walter waved the towel.

Walter did NOT wave any towel.  The only thing he's famous for is Tommy saying, "I love Walter."

And, just for the record, Tommy never said WALTA......Tommy is from Jersey, not MA, and they don't say WALTA in Jersey!!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Forced BOS accent, he doesn't really speak like that.  I heard many times Wal - TER.  He was trying to be funny.

And Walter never waved any towel.......you keep believing what you want.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to TommyRules' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Everybody knows Tommy called him Walta.

Why won't you admit that?

Walter McCarty was a fan favorite for many years in Boston, often getting praise from Celtics announcer Tommy Heinsohn, whose catch phrase “I love Walta” rang true to many C’s fans. McCarty was a key contributor off the bench in Beantown from 1997-05. His three-point shooting (especially from the corner) was deadly and helped the Celtics reached the Eastern Conference Finals in 2002.

http://www.beantownbanter.com/memory/memory-lane-monday-walter-mccarty

[/QUOTE]

I will admit it, as soon as you admit Walter never waved the towel. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Great- and Tommy did say Walta.  He is not, however, from Boston, so that needed to be said.  He said it in a BOS accent.  But you provided a link which proved your point, so I was wrong on that one!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Wow that veered off topic real fast...

It was telling to hear multiple references to J.T. from the player interviews. Christmas specifically metioned being surprised by how in shape, fast, and good he is both offensively AND defensively. Looking forward to that.

To the Doc point: I think Rondo is the catalyst to the change of giving the rookies and new guys minutes. Doc's stance seems firm: I will play the best players. However, Rondo has been putting certain guys on his team during scrimmages like Wilcox, instigating competition between Pierce and Green, and pairing up others. Rondo (quite wisely) is creating an environment where the "new guys" can excel, where the vets don't have a leg up because of the learnig curve.

Very Excited!

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

dfurypuss with another outstanding post....................NOT

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerGroupie. Show LakerGroupie's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Unfortunately, the Celtics are not on par for another championship until the year 2031. Good luck anyways.

[/QUOTE]

I think so too. My Lakers all the way. My beautiful old fartt Nash replacing my favorites Morrison and Sasha. We have no bench but that is ok. I am sure we will go far with this aging community.. I love my ghetto smog Lakers!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It should be a fun season.

We will be much better than last year.

[/QUOTE]

I agree, Kirk, but others have improved, too.  We need to take care of business, and not be complacent..........I want the 1 or 2 seed in the East.

Sections
Shortcuts