The Chiefs Toughness is Exactly What this Team Needs!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

The Chiefs Toughness is Exactly What this Team Needs!

Robert Parish,The Chief, rarely talked to the media and never hung around with Celtics teammates after a game. Associates say he would not answer his phone, letting messages go to voicemail. After leaving the team in 1994, he let his connection to the Green fray and fade, even to the point of selling off his 1986 world championship ring for spending money. So it was a surprise when this resolute loner picked up the phone at his home in North Carolina on the third ring. People shouldn't feel sad; they should help me get a job, said the Hall of Fame center with the deep voice on the other end. I need a coaching job in the NBA. I'm restless and I need money. Boston Globe

C'mon DA, this guy helped you and your organization win championships! Give the guy a chance!

Bring Melo up from D-League and make RP his skills coach / mentor!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: The Chiefs Toughness is Exactly What this Team Needs!

Bring back the Chief!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Remember when Parish got caught getting like a quarter pound of weed delivered to his house and then when the cops looked in his house he had like over an ounce in there already?

I loved Parish but the dude has always done his own thing. Sad he needs cash but he should have put some in the bank...you know?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Everyone makes mistakes! RP has admitted this on more than one occasion! 

Melo needs a good big-man coach, and RP needs a job! If the Cheif does not work out show him the door! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Not a bad idea to bring in RP.  But right now he has no one to coach because Melo isnt here for some strange reason.  You will have to ask DA that question.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

"The Chief," played 21 seasons in the NBA, the career record for most seasons played by an NBA player. In his 14 seasons with the Boston Celtics (1980-81 through 1993-94), Parish helped lead the Celtics to three NBA world championships in 1981, 1984 and 1986. He holds the NBA record for most games played with 1,611, and was named All-NBA second team in 1982 and All-NBA third team in 1983. In addition, he was a nine-time NBA All-Star, including seven consecutive seasons from 1981 through 1987, and also in 1990 and 1991. In 1996, Parish was named one of the "50 Greatest Players in NBA History", and was elected to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 2003.

Parish currently ranks second behind John Havlicek all-time in Celtics history in games played with 1,106; second in rebounds behind Bill Russell with 11,051 and third in both minutes played (34,977) and points (18,245). He led the Celtics in rebounding for eight years. His number 00 jersey was retired by the Celtics in a ceremony at the FleetCenter on January 18, 1998.

Sections
Shortcuts