THE CIRCUS IS SAVED!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

THE CIRCUS IS SAVED!!!!!!

Instead of Hiring one of the greatest coaches in the history of the game, who wanted the job and was capable of fixing one of the worst defenses in the league Jimmmy Buss hires  Mr. Pringles!

Thaaaaannnnnkkkkkkksssss Jiiiiiiimmmmmy! 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: THE CIRCUS IS SAVED!!!!!!

I too am delighted Mr. Pringles was hired blooppity. I saw firsthand how he masterfully managed egos in New York where the knicks were a pernial power house. 

I expet great things from the Circu--from the lakers! 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:

In response to jtkl's comment:

I too am delighted Mr. Pringles was hired blooppity. I saw firsthand how he masterfully managed egos in New York where the knicks were a pernial power house. 

In New York, D'Antoni had Carmelo = ZERO rings,, Amare = ZERO rings

In Los Angeles, he has Kobe = 5 rings,, Pau = 2 rings, and Nash and Howard who both want rings

Huge difference kiddo.

Thanks for playing, and have a blessed day!

Excellent logic, bloopity. I'm sure Carmelo didn't want a ring at all neither did Amare. Must be why he and Nash never got one with Mr. Pringles at the head. Not to mention having Tyson Chandler who has a ring, but obviously didn't want one with Mr. Pringles.

And that knicks team look... Chaos since  Mr. Pringles left. Only being undefeated and all. No bloopity you talked me into it. This is a great hire much like Brown was and I will truly enjoy it.

Oh and your welcome. it's a blast playing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Los Angeles, he has Kobe = 5 rings,, Pau = 2 rings, and Nash and Howard who both want rings

Huge difference kiddo.

Excellent logic, bloopity. I'm sure Carmelo didn't want a ring at all neither did Amare. Must be why he and Nash never got one with Mr. Pringles at the head. Not to mention having Tyson Chandler who has a ring, but obviously didn't want one with Mr. Pringles.

And that knicks team look... Chaos since  Mr. Pringles left. Only being undefeated and all. No bloopity you talked me into it. This is a great hire much like Brown was and I will truly enjoy it.

Oh and your welcome. it's a blast playing.

Good point about the Knicks.  They are a much better team since D'Antoni left.  I don't see him being a good fit for the Lakers and not much better than Brown. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Your right bloopity, they don't look anywhere near as good as they looked when Mr. Pringles was there.  I feel your pain though. Just think you could have had Phil back. THAAAAANKKKKS JIIIMMMY! 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Your right bloopity, they don't look anywhere near as good as they looked when Mr. Pringles was there.  I feel your pain though. Just think you could have had Phil back. THAAAAANKKKKS JIIIMMMY! 

I'll take the word of the experts that say the Lakers got a very good coach and are still top title contenders. Thanks as always for playing!

2. Lakers hiring Mike D'Antoni: Good move or bad move?

Adande: A good move only if the Lakers deemed Phil completely unfeasible. Over Phil? No. After Phil? Yes. At least D'Antoni will bring exciting offense, and that matters to Jerry Buss.

Arnovitz: Good move. Critics will carp that the system D'Antoni installed in Phoenix to great success won't translate to the current Lakers roster. They'll point out that he couldn't push the Knicks forward. But good coaches learn and they can adapt their systems to different personnel.

Kamenetzky: Good move. He has the respect of every principle member of the roster, plays a system that will allow all of them to return a little joy to the floor, and has enough stature in the game to step into the void in a way Mike Brown couldn't. He'll have to adjust to a roster different from those he had in Phoenix (fewer shooters, less speed, etc.) but he can. His biggest problem? The Lakers created enormous expectation among the fan base that Phil would be back. Now that's the guy D'Antoni will be measured against.

Stein: Good move. As stated Friday, D'Antoni was the only choice to fill this vacancy if they weren't bringing Phil back. He has the relationships with Kobe and Nash that will give his program an early foundation that Mike Brown couldn't establish. And he'll install an offense that'll kick-start the Kobe-and-Nash partnership, energize the other players and deliver the most entertaining ball they've seen in Lakerland since the days of Showtime. Which is something Jerry Buss has craved for ages.

Verrier: Good move. Although the hire seems as much for Jim Buss' ego as the Lakers' long-term benefit, bringing D'Antoni in is still a game-changer. Inevitable questions will be raised about the roster's apparent ill fit to their new coach's new style -- chief among them how a team that already looked old and worn revs up the tempo beyond electric scooter levels -- but Jackson's Triangle would elicit just as much second-guessing.

Yeah, anytime you can get a coach with no rings who was a disaster last time he had a superstar roster, who has never coached defense and is hired to fix a team with defensive problems, over a hall of famer with 11 rings or so, you just have to do it. 

If I may quote Fierce here: "HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA" 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I'll take the word of the experts that say the Lakers got a very good coach and are still top title contenders. Thanks as always for playing!

Adande: A good move only if the Lakers deemed Phil completely unfeasible. Over Phil? No. After Phil? Yes. At least D'Antoni will bring exciting offense, and that matters to Jerry Buss.

Arnovitz: Good move. Critics will carp that the system D'Antoni installed in Phoenix to great success won't translate to the current Lakers roster. They'll point out that he couldn't push the Knicks forward. But good coaches learn and they can adapt their systems to different personnel.

Kamenetzky: Good move. He has the respect of every principle member of the roster, plays a system that will allow all of them to return a little joy to the floor, and has enough stature in the game to step into the void in a way Mike Brown couldn't. He'll have to adjust to a roster different from those he had in Phoenix (fewer shooters, less speed, etc.) but he can. His biggest problem? The Lakers created enormous expectation among the fan base that Phil would be back. Now that's the guy D'Antoni will be measured against.

Stein: Good move. As stated Friday, D'Antoni was the only choice to fill this vacancy if they weren't bringing Phil back. He has the relationships with Kobe and Nash that will give his program an early foundation that Mike Brown couldn't establish. And he'll install an offense that'll kick-start the Kobe-and-Nash partnership, energize the other players and deliver the most entertaining ball they've seen in Lakerland since the days of Showtime. Which is something Jerry Buss has craved for ages.

Verrier: Good move. Although the hire seems as much for Jim Buss' ego as the Lakers' long-term benefit, bringing D'Antoni in is still a game-changer. Inevitable questions will be raised about the roster's apparent ill fit to their new coach's new style -- chief among them how a team that already looked old and worn revs up the tempo beyond electric scooter levels -- but Jackson's Triangle would elicit just as much second-guessing.

Yeah, anytime you can get a coach with no rings who was a disaster last time he had a superstar roster, who has never coached defense and is hired to fix a team with defensive problems, over a hall of famer with 11 rings or so, you just have to do it. 

Don't get upset just because the experts are ALL saying it is a good move. Reference above again if you must.

ROTFLMAO!!!

Experts half of them are LA homers.  D'Antoni is not someone to even be remotely excited about.  He is a ho-hum choice. Good luck with him.   And hope that you can play Golden State and Sacramento for the rest of the season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Don't get upset just because the experts are ALL saying it is a good move. Reference above again if you must.

ROTFLMAO!!!

Experts half of them are LA homers.  D'Antoni is not someone to even be remotely excited about.  He is a ho-hum choice. Good luck with him.   And hope that you can play Golden State and Sacramento for the rest of the season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

ROTFLMAO!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

ROTFLMAO!!!

Many "experts" said Brown was a good move, how did that work out? I fee your pain bloopity. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Huge difference kiddo.

So you are saying he needs players with rings to win one..seeing as he could not win one for the knicks...that's promising..but of course Brown came in with the same situation and= Fail...

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbTpYeCll1Q&feature=related

Just put in Kobe in this dicussion for future reference..lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6OpOMeffTI 

How long before you hear this chant in LA...??

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

D'Antoni looks like a ringmaster so I say he has saved the circus. He still has two clowns for assistants unless he brings in his own.

21. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts