The Deal is done

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Re: The Deal is done

question re: PP to cavs: we'd have to take salary back from them, wouldn't we? can't just trade him for picks, right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

How funny would it be if Atlanta jumps up and lands CP3. LOL! Doc has no assurances that CP3 is resigning in NY or if the KG trade goes down. I'm sure one or both will but it would be hilarious if Doc got neither KG or CP3.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

But Stern has already been quoted that he would likely not allow the deal even if they split up the transactions.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I don't understand how Stern can possible block it.

Doc for a unprotected 1st round pick is fair

KG for Jordan & Bledoe is fair

KG for Jordan & another 1st round pick is fair

They'll have some back and forth for a few weeks, but it'll get done. They have all summer to work it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Marc Stein Marc Stein  @ESPNSteinLine about 14 minutes ago

ESPN source says NBA does NOT intend to budge from Stern's stance & would see subsequent KG-to-Clips deal as connected & thus in violation

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz2X5DvLMBh

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

All we need now is to deal KG, watch CP3 get a deal he cannot refuse elsewhere, Clippers team falls apart, KG retires, Doc says f*** it and goes into broadcasting.

Danny walks away with his pockets full of picks

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

About time. I wanted a 2014 pick too. Oh well, this will do. U guys bring up and intersting point about kg, you would think we have all the leverage now. As doc as head coach, is there anyway kg doesnt go to clippers? If so we could ask for the moon!!! Plus the added bonus of sticking it to sterling!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2013/06/23/doc-rivers-kevin-garnett-trade-los-angeles-clippers-boston-celtics/2450593/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

Don't send them KG, and then CP3 might not agree to a deal, then our pick could be a pretty good one.

Bingo.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

the fact that the celts and clips completed the deal for doc, despite the NBA posturing that it might not allow the KG deal, is proof in and of itself that the doc deal was not contingent on a KG deal. i don't think the league can block the deal, but we'll see.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

the fact that the celts and clips completed the deal for doc, despite the NBA posturing that it might not allow the KG deal, is proof in and of itself that the doc deal was not contingent on a KG deal. i don't think the league can block the deal, but we'll see.

Stern doesn't want Sterling's team to be good.

That is why he is letting them have Doc, but not KG.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

a 2015 first rd, can you say fleesed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

What if Stern says he would approve this deal with Doc only if there is an assurance that there is no further attempt to trade KG to the Clippers, would the Clippers reneg on the deal?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

The Clippers wil make the pick for the Celtics on Thursday and send us DJ for KG. Stern would not be able to block that deal.

I would rather have DJ and Bledsoe though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Bias, why not? I don't get your insistance that Stern cannot block that deal.  Stern can do anything he wants and probably with the blessing of the rest of the owners in the league.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

The Clippers wil make the pick for the Celtics on Thursday and send us DJ for KG. Stern would not be able to block that deal.

I would rather have DJ and Bledsoe though.

you can dream all you want...it's not going to happen. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

let's wait and see. the reason i don't think stern can't block a fair trade for KG is this: if he does, he's essentially setting the precedent that team A can make a trade with team B, but if team A then turns around and makes a second trade with team B, then they can't do it and it will be blocked by the league. that reeks of a lawsuit IMO. as i said, we'll see.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

let's wait and see. the reason i don't think stern can't block a fair trade for KG is this: if he does, he's essentially setting the precedent that team A can make a trade with team B, but if team A then turns around and makes a second trade with team B, then they can't do it and it will be blocked by the league. that reeks of a lawsuit IMO. as i said, we'll see.

Exactly!

It's part of a draft day trade. Stern can assume all he wants...they are totally separate deals.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

kaktug, that is not exactly what happened.  What happened was team A and B proposed a trade that was illegal based on the rule, then Stern publicly said he will not allow the trade even if they change it around to try to circumvent the rule.  So team A and B change it around exactly or almost exactly the way Stern was warning and then Stern is going to let it stand?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

yes if we trade say bass and lee...yes the trade will happen...but in real life they already know KG is linked to rivers...so KG will not be going to L.A. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

If Ainge is absolutely, positively sure that the trade cannot happen with KG then he totally fleece the CLippers because they will be in the lottery in 2015 with Griffin, CP3. We know the Lakers aren't trading Howard to the Clips.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

LOL! Tell the Clippers we want DJ and Bledsoe for KG. If they say no, KG will retire and we send PP to the Cavs. We are in a even stronger position than before because they still want KG...or at least we know Doc desperately does.

I would love to get DJ and Bledsoe and 2 #2s for PP. You talk about a quick overhaul...man we'd shock some people next year.

I am with you ,except I think we can get the #19 pick from Cleveland for Pierce.

Jordan and Bledsoe is the deal now for KG.

If the Clippers don't do the deal, so be it.

KG can come back and play for a new coach or retire.

either way we'll have a coach who WANTS to be in Boston.

two first round picks this year

either KG and a MLE player

OR

JOrdan and Bledsoe

OR

MLE and some more cap $$ for another mid-grade player.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

a 2015 first rd, can you say fleesed.

I know you can't spell it

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I just read a report the the NBA WILL NOT approve ANY player trades between the Celtics & Clippers this year. WOW!

So either KG stays, retires or goes to the CLippers through a 3rd team. KG is very loyal

I wouldn't be surprised if KG and PP return to the Celtics. Get a good coach and we still have our starting 5..maybe Doc was the problem.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

stern has to maintain the appearance of control. the rule is that one trade cannot be contingent opon another. there is no proof or evidence that one of these trades was contingent upon the other. in fact, it's now been proven that that is not the case, since they made one of the trades even in the face of stern's threat that he won't approve the KG trade. i think stern is posturing. but we'll see. you guys could very well be right. but i tend to think i'm right on this one. we'll see.