The Deal is done

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Re: The Deal is done

In response to kaktug's comment:

question re: PP to cavs: we'd have to take salary back from them, wouldn't we? can't just trade him for picks, right?

Cleveland has the cap space to take on PIerse's deal after the new NBA  season officially starts.

so IF they do the deal, the Cav's will ahve to make the picks that Ainge wants for any deal to work.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

link please??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

I just read a report the the NBA WILL NOT approve ANY player trades between the Celtics & Clippers this year. WOW!

So either KG stays, retires or goes to the CLippers through a 3rd team. KG is very loyal

I wouldn't be surprised if KG and PP return to the Celtics. Get a good coach and we still have our starting 5..maybe Doc was the problem.

link please??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

one last thought: if the league does block the KG trade, KG would then be left to consider perhaps waiving his no-trade clause to go to some other destination.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Ken Berger: Agreement in principle for Doc Rivers to coach Clippers comes with understanding of no subsequent exchange of players between teams.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

why is this such a taboo for the League?? I dont get Sterns Hating..honestly

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Great Job DA!!! You got your pick and didn't have to take Jordan and his inflated contract either. I'm guessing that DA and Doc agreed they could do this and now Doc gets a situation he wants, DA gets the pick he wants and now with Docs influence DA is more able to work a deal that will probably give him better value and /or flexability to get value for KG,Terry,Rondo and PP or keep them all. Now DA is not handcuffed to a Siamese twin deal involving all or nothing. Doc was overated I thought and now we have options sooner than later. Maybe KG and PP feel we can give it another gogive on of assts a chance, which I could live with. I would like to see George Karl myself but I have trust in DAs abilities to what's best for the Celtics. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

I don't see why some of you guys can't see what Stern has been saying for a week now. 

If you try to split the deals in 2 simply to circumvent the CBA the deal will be voided.  KG will not be going to the Clippers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Danny! WRONG YEAR

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

I don't see why some of you guys can't see what Stern has been saying for a week now. 

If you try to split the deals in 2 simply to circumvent the CBA the deal will be voided.  KG will not be going to the Clippers.

he could, on a three team deal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, he can't.   The commish office has to OK that and for the very same reason it would not be allowed.  Do you really think Stern is that stupid?  He's stupid in some ways, but not that way.  KG will not be going to the Clippers this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

maybe it won't happen. but maybe that's better. maybe KG will now waive his clause for another team besides the clippers. and we can get something back besides an overpaid center who can't shoot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, he can't.   The commish office has to OK that and for the very same reason it would not be allowed.  Do you really think Stern is that stupid?  He's stupid in some ways, but not that way.  KG will not be going to the Clippers this year.

[/QUOTE]

is a matter of time..but you gave your confirmation that it wont happen..I say, is a matter of time

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennCelt53. Show KennCelt53's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Boston's chemistry will be different next year. Now, will KG retire or be traded somewhere of his choosing or will he stay with the Celtics? Will Pierce be traded, bought out , retire or stay? Will Rondo and Sullinger recover and early in the season. Who will coach next year? Will he be hired before the draft? No, a championship run is not on the horizon, but much intrigue still present. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

From the Celtics point of view, why is it a matter of time with KG to the Clippers?  Why do we want to help out the Clippers next season when we have their #1.  Anyone that is willing to give us a good deal is fair game, we have to work it out with KG but we should get the best deal we can.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

THE DUKE  ....I was of the understanding that the #1 pick is for next year (read/heard it somewhere)....where is the link that says we get a protected #1 in 2015...?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

From the Celtics point of view, why is it a matter of time with KG to the Clippers?  Why do we want to help out the Clippers next season when we have their #1.  Anyone that is willing to give us a good deal is fair game, we have to work it out with KG but we should get the best deal we can.

because he has a No Trade clause! and he has made it clear he is not going anywhere but LA...so..if he does not lift the trade clause, there will not be a good deal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

He has no trade clause before and he came here to Boston when he first did not want to.  If Clippers is the best possible deal, then yes, but do the best available deal that can be done, period.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennCelt53. Show KennCelt53's posts

[QUOTE]

because he has a No Trade clause! and he has made it clear he is not going anywhere but LA...so..if he does not lift the trade clause, there will not be a good deal.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe he will join Ray in Miami. I kid!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Maybe just maybe Ainge was sly like a fox with this Clippers deal. Maybe he knew that including KG would get nixed and once it went down the road far enough, he knew only Doc would be leaving. I can't believe that no one knew this in the C's front office. The Clippers being the Clippers were so desperate to keep CP3 they may not have read the fine print.

THe team is stil intact, maybe a different philosophy is needed. I would like to hear what KG and PP want to do. If they want to retire Celtics, keep them, get everyone healthy, get a good coach and go for it again.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Agreed ... so if Danny can get another team to make a good offer for KG and the Clippers make a superior offer how can Stern deny the trade to a team making a superior offer w/o getting a lawsuit by the C's or a request by the C's for a league-wide vote by all the team team owners.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Ainge is a poor excuse for a GM. If he had traded Rondo, and kept Doc, he might be considered above average. Red is laughing at Ainges criticisms.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

Doc's release for 2015 1st round is fair deal.  David Stern shouldn't flap his filthy trap.  If any future trade between the Celtics and Clippers is submitted to the league it should receive no unusual treatment.  Anything else would add even more to the overwhelming evidence that the NBA is corrupt.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Surprised it happened.  2014 pick would have been better, but you never know.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

It is a sad day in Bean town. 

Thanks Doc, all the best.

Danny, it is time to put away the toys of youth, ask for Reds forgiveness, and his ask for consul. While he is unlikely to give it, it is likely that it will help in your penence for poor decisions.