The Deal is done

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Re: The Deal is done

In response to scubber's comment:

Don't send them KG, and then CP3 might not agree to a deal, then our pick could be a pretty good one.

A little underhanded but very true. The thing is it might make other teams hesitant to trade with Boston in the future.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Once this deal is done, it will prove that Stern was wrong about KG and Rivers being connected.

I  will be so glad when Stern is gone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:
    [QUOTE]

LOL! Tell the Clippers we want DJ and Bledsoe for KG. If they say no, KG will retire and we send PP to the Cavs. We are in a even stronger position than before because they still want KG...or at least we know Doc desperately does.

I would love to get DJ and Bledsoe and 2 #2s for PP. You talk about a quick overhaul...man we'd shock some people next year.

QUOTE]

Jordan, Bledsoe and Butler for KG and PP

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

The Stern is against this deal, and he holds all the cards.

The Celtics will likely get little and unless Stern changes his mind, KG will likely retire.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to scubber's comment:

From the Celtics point of view, why is it a matter of time with KG to the Clippers?  Why do we want to help out the Clippers next season when we have their #1.  Anyone that is willing to give us a good deal is fair game, we have to work it out with KG but we should get the best deal we can.

Agreed ... so if Danny can get another team to make a good offer for KG and the Clippers make a superior offer how can Stern deny the trade to a team making a superior offer w/o getting a lawsuit by the C's or a request by the C's for a league-wide vote by all the team team owners.

WRONG AGAIN!!!

When will you ever get something right.

Report: League will not allow any other potential Celtics-Clippers transactions this offseason

http://www.celticslife.com/2013/06/report-league-will-not-allow-any-other.html

The NBA will not approve any subsequent exchange of players between the Clippers and Celtics this summer, and the teams understand that.
    — Ken Berger (@KBergCBS) June 23, 2013

[/QUOTE]

You didn't finish reading my statement?

w/o getting a lawsuit by the C's or a request by the C's for a league-wide vote by all the team team owners.

I read the reports ... that doesn't mean what Stern says is correct and can't be challenged or do you have some other CBA rule to counter this other than the "interest of the league" or "circumventing the intent of the CBA rules" cause neither of those apply in the event that the C's were offered a superior deal to a preceding one by another team?

Stern can say a Doc trade can't have a connection to KG all he wants and the teams can say they will honor that but that doesn't mean that they can't and won't challenge it ... Now is Stern trying to infringe on the C's ability to get the best offer possible for KG or is he trying to undo the pressure being applied by CP and estoppe the Clippers from retaining CP by circumventing Paul's wishes. Stern is sailing in unchartered waters and opening himself to a challenge in my opinion ....

[/QUOTE]

It won't happen.  Fighting the Stern has never worked, and league challenges are expensive. The first day in court costs at least $50,000.00, and the rest is a lot more. Unfortunately, the Celtics will live with Stern's edicts.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Wasn't it too long ago that the league was challenged on a trade??? I forgot who it was but didn't it went to voting? Or am i making it up? Hhhhmmmm confused on how much power stern can exercise when there is a possibility of proving that it is a separate instance.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Oh nevermind...it was cp3 to Lakers on a three way deal...never happened, stern was a blocker as well

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:

Wasn't it too long ago that the league was challenged on a trade??? I forgot who it was but didn't it went to voting? Or am i making it up? Hhhhmmmm confused on how much power stern can exercise when there is a possibility of proving that it is a separate instance.

if it's in the rule in the new cba...then there is nothing to talk about..a rule is a rule.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

But yet Stern didn't mind Miami's 3 to come together?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

It's not worth suing the NBA over...really...all this for DJ and a #1. um, I don't think so.

Sections
Shortcuts