The difference between Dwayne Wade and an NBA Official

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

The difference between Dwayne Wade and an NBA Official

You, as an NBA superstar, can call an official a homophobic slur, but make sure not to "taunt" Dwayne Wade. You will surely be ejected from the game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nZone. Show nZone's posts

Re: The difference between Dwayne Wade and an NBA Official

The Book of David Stern.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

We lost because of our play, not the questionable officiating. My point is that certain players are treated as untouchables in this league. Kobe, Lebron and Wade. We're playing two of them. Paul made the mistake of being angry at one of them. The celtics are going to need to be smart about how they approach the untouchables from here on out, or there will be more ejections.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I will take a 24-21 foul advantage for the home team all series long.

We lost for many reasons... but a major one was b/c Paul gave us nothing in the first half and Jones was allowed to go bonkers from 3.

His ejection didn't do much as far as the outcome of game IMO. Maybe some of you feel with the correct call we'd be down 10 after PP hit 2 flagrant FT's, with the ball, 6:48 left and the entire game would have changed?

But obviously the way the ref handled it was terrible.

It was clear to me the infractions:

Flagrant on James.

Tech on Paul.

No Tech on James.

Flagrant on Wade.

No Tech on Paul.

End of story.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

agreed. The harsh reality of this series is that it may never be called in an unbiased way. We're going against the NBA's two most marketed players. We're going to have to win despite it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: The difference between Dwayne Wade and an NBA Official:
    [QUOTE]We lost because of our play, not the questionable officiating. My point is that certain players are treated as untouchables in this league. Kobe, Lebron and Wade. We're playing two of them. Paul made the mistake of being angry at one of them. The celtics are going to need to be smart about how they approach the untouchables from here on out, or there will be more ejections.
    Posted by truth-torpedo34[/QUOTE]

Very good points.  Elite players in the NBA are definitely treated differently than the rest of the players. 

Sections
Shortcuts