The difference between Rondo and capable PGs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

The difference between Rondo and capable PGs

Tonight, Jameer Nelson hits a contested 3 pointer to give Orlando a win at the buzzer...and Rose hits 3 consecutive free throws with virtually no time left to tie the game and send into OT.

In the same position, Rondo would have lost both of the above games.  That is the impact of having a PG that can shoot.  Winning more games.

Oh, looks like Lowry is having a field day for Houston tonight...so much for Rondo's great defense...he's turning into a substandard backup PG.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsboy3. Show Patsboy3's posts

Re: The difference between Rondo and capable PGs

CAN'T wait till next season's trading deadline to come to see If Ainge could give him a first class ticket out of town in return for something decent. Rondo is a major factor in the Celtics offense and he can't score for sht. I can't count how many times the freakin rim is right in front of him to go up strong and the little panssy throws it back out in hopes that KG or Ray makes their 20 footers. Its a damn if you do and don't chance with that kind of assist.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

In Response to The difference between Rondo and capable PGs:
    [QUOTE]Tonight, Jameer Nelson hits a contested 3 pointer to give Orlando a win at the buzzer...and Rose hits 3 consecutive free throws with virtually no time left to tie the game and send into OT. In the same position, Rondo would have lost both of the above games.  That is the impact of having a PG that can shoot.  Winning more games. Oh, looks like Lowry is having a field day for Houston tonight...so much for Rondo's great defense...he's turning into a substandard backup PG.
    Posted by Eldunker[/QUOTE]

I agree 100 percent and he is even missing layups  come on man  whats up with that and even the assists are down   Do something Rondo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rondo is so off it is not funny. He is even missing uncontested layups. He is hurt and by the looks of Arroyo he cannot play defense in this league.  Arroyo let Lowry get two consecutive threes that started the Rockets in their run.

Get ready for the 2 or three seed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thrombosis. Show thrombosis's posts

The difference between Rondo and  an ordinary point guard is that when an ordinary point guard can't play like himself, he can be replaced.  Rondo can't.  No Rondo playing like himself before physical limitations, means no chance at championship.  Jameer is mere dime-a dozen guy compared to Rondo.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Now even second tier PGs are teeing off on Rondo.

Lowery 16 points.     Rondo 2
    Lowery  6 assists.    Rondo 5
    Lowrey  1 steal.       Rondo 0
    Lowery  3 rebounds  Rondo 0

Potential point differential = 24 points.  we're down by 22 at the half.

Rondo 1-6 shooting so far tonight is... what 2 - 25 !???!! in last 3 games.  Gentlemen, that is why we are losing.  Horrible offense bad defense at the point.  Time to bench Rondo. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn313. Show rpn313's posts

In Response to Re: The difference between Rondo and capable PGs:
    [QUOTE]The difference between Rondo and  an ordinary point guard is that when an ordinary point guard can't play like himself, he can be replaced.  Rondo can't.  No Rondo playing like himself before physical limitations, means no chance at championship.  Jameer is mere dime-a dozen guy compared to Rondo.
    Posted by thrombosis[/QUOTE]

Your f'ing kidding me right?  Rondo needs to man-up and bench himself.  If he's hurt, he needs to sit.  Simple as that.  And even if he's not hurt, I've siad it before and I'll say it again.  He has no business being in a game after the two minute mark.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Doc will keep these stiffs in the game until we're down by 50...

Why doesnt he sit these guys...they playing like ****...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

[QUOTE]Doc will keep these stiffs in the game until we're down by 50... Why doesnt he sit these guys...they playing like ****...
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]
    i was just about to post this...absolutely HORRIBLE coaching by doc tonight...maybe just as bad as rondos jump shot

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

and why is it that posters here are the only ones talking about Rondo's supposed injury or injuries that is the root of his terrible play ??  Rondo, Doc, sports writers don't seem to indicate that there is a dibilitating physical problem...

Is it only the last excuse for the ones in denial, because they can no longer talk about his high FG %  (hahaha) or his great defense...or is there no excuse left but a phantom injury ??

Earth to Rondo supporters...he just sucks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiJere. Show LiJere's posts

This CELTICS TEAM is a bunch of scum bags.  They have three days off, and they come out flat as hell.  Where can I get a job like this, and still get paid my millions.  I think it's about time both DOC and AINGE realize RONDO suc***s as a PG; hell he hasn't been rebounding, doesn't dish out assists; can't score worth sh***t, but yet he starts every game.  Let's see what excuse this team uses tonight (i.e., not having SHAQ hurt; we are playing through injuries, etc.etc.)
    Wake the hell up and let's start playing like professional B-ball players; the way this team is going, they look more like a HS team; to score 18 points in a quarter (2nd tonight) is just plain pathethic.  Gotta love all the trades DA forced on us.  I can most definitely see BANNER 18 arriving in BOSTON GARDEN (NOT!!)

"KEEP GOING GREEN"!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ubuntu18. Show Ubuntu18's posts

Rondo will definitely be on the hot seat if he doesn't respond in the playoffs! As a GM, I just wouldn't continue paying someone 11 mil a year for them to pass the ball only...It's amazing how D rose improved over the summer & was still able to play for USA last summer and rondo quit so he could SUPPOSEDLY get better for this year. BUM!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

Celtic Pride has been lacking lately. 

Are Jeff Green and BBD the only ones playing these days? 

KG outscored and outrebounded by Chuck Hayes!?!  What's he 6'5"?

Did Perk take the pants with him to OKC?

The Captain outplayed by A ROOKIE?  We ain't talking first pick in the draft here.

Doc still hasn't figured it out.

PA

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thrombosis. Show thrombosis's posts

The triple-double Rondo is gone  until he gets his explosion back.  Bench him, rest him, shoot his feet up-  whatever.  But all these posters pretending they didn't know what the exsplosive Rondo meant to the C's is ludicrous.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo is so off it is not funny. He is even missing uncontested layups. He is hurt and by the looks of Arroyo he cannot play defense in this league.  Arroyo let Lowry get two consecutive threes that started the Rockets in their run. Get ready for the 2 or three seed.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

It was more like Ray Allens missed three that started the run. Everytime he misses a three, good things dont happen to the Celtics.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Forget other point guards we just need the old Rondo.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The simple solution is to stop watching the Celtics this season. One thing's for sure, Doc will never bench Rondo. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Did you see how Arroyo played?  Doc does not have a lot of latitude on a starting point guard.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]The simple solution is to stop watching the Celtics this season. One thing's for sure, Doc will never bench Rondo. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I hope you have pulled yourself back together, after that embarrassing melt down you had!! I'm going to lay off for a while, to make sure you're okay!!!Laughing

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The difference between Rondo and capable PGs : I agree 100 percent and he is even missing layups  come on man  whats up with that and even the assists are down   Do something Rondo
    Posted by RickFox17[/QUOTE]
    How about "Do something Doc".
    He is the coach, after all. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Thrombosis,
    Great point the old rondo was spectacular.  How did we lose him so fast?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Thrombosis, Great point the old rondo was spectacular.  How did we lose him so fast?
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Maybe he got sick and tired of eating hamburgers everyday.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

That may be the most profound point of all. Rondo has lost his mojo.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Man Pierce was on fire tonight! So was KG and Ray Ray. Heck Delonte was unstoppable. I can see why after a ZERO POINT performence in 22 minutes (just five minutes less than Rondo) you'd want to replace Rondo right away. Carlos Arroyo chipped in with ZERO POINTS in 11 minutes. So obviously he should back up on Delonte while Rondo rides the bench.

HELLO IT WAS A TEAM CRAP OUT!  THEY ALL PLAYED BAD (except baby)  I don't know whether it is injuries or whether team chemistry is hurt the trade, or if it is fatique. But they are all playing badly and people who are trying to blame Rondo, should think a little and look at the box score. 

Sections
Shortcuts