The difference is...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

The difference is...

...the Lakers are totally and completely devastated from injuries going back to the beginning of the season and getting progressively worse. The Celtics on the other hand are just plain laughably bad. The Lakers at least have a good excuse and no one can blame them, the Cs just stink, period. No pride no nothing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re: The difference is...

In response to lakersavenger's comment:

...the Lakers are totally and completely devastated from injuries going back to the beginning of the season and getting progressively worse. The Celtics on the other hand are just plain laughably bad. The Lakers at least have a good excuse and no one can blame them, the Cs just stink, period. No pride no nothing.

==========================================

I am a long time Celtic fan going back to Cousey/Sharman days and am many times biased. However, there is some truth to your post.  But the 2 best players, hall of famers, KG & PP, don't stink, they just are too old.  And Rondo too would be desired on many teams. In fact, if he were a Laker, they'd compete and if Howard & Gasol were Celtics, we'd compete.  But for the future, all the rest could go as far as I'm concerned. Green, Sully, Bradley and maybe Melo if he developes could be saved but Green is not the Celtic allstar answer---he's too eratic.

I think that the Lakers if Kobe had not gotten hurt would be giving the Spurs a battle. Kobe, I may not like him, is a gifted athlete, he and LeBron best since MJ, has more heart than PP, I think. Why the Lakers have been competitive past few years is they have dominated in an area where Boston lacked, in the Post with Bynum & Gasol & now, Howard & Gasol. They are the 2 best twin towers in the game and when you can get 10+ rebs, put the ball in or toss it out, even mediocre shooters with 2nd chances start making shots. It's the old "Even a blind chipmonk finds an acorn occasionally" !!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Louisio. Show Louisio's posts

Please. Boston has a dynamic, young core: Green, Rondo, Bradley and Sullinger, and a top 3 coach. I guarantee you the Buss family would way rather be in the Celtics' shoes, personnel-wise, than face the utter desert of talent and aging that has become the Los Angeles Lakers. Sure, you've got Howard, but even he's hugely problematic given what it's going to take to secure his services long term. Are you certain you're willing to take that gamble? And that's even supposing he's willing to sign with LA, which, given the direction the franchise is heading, given the fact that DH isn't a huge fan of the spotlight, given the return of an aging, petulant Kobe Bryant -- a teammate DH clearly loathes -- and given the fact that LA may well be swept, is by no means a sure thing.

Thanks but no thanks. I think the Cs are a lot closer to #18 than LA is to #17.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Right, Rondo and Sullinger wouldn't help us at all right now!

What a joker!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

DUH!

Didn't I tell you that last August, 2012?

Read my posts on the "Can't Sit Down Properly" thread.

I already predicted that these injuries would happen to the Lakers because they're an old team, duh!

You also said Austin Rivers and Dwight Howard will be Celtics in 2012...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to TheNewGKDynasty's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

DUH!

Didn't I tell you that last August, 2012?

Read my posts on the "Can't Sit Down Properly" thread.

I already predicted that these injuries would happen to the Lakers because they're an old team, duh!

You also said Austin Rivers and Dwight Howard will be Celtics in 2012...

GK - welcome back! I am guessing the opium bar ran out of matches again! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Back from my Asian vacation. How's the next Shaq working for ya...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I don't know - you tell us!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to TheNewGKDynasty's comment:

Back from my Asian vacation. How's the next Shaq working for ya...

Is that you in Asia GK?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

GK - the Lakers 2-years from now (when Kobe is done rehabbing his injury)!

Sections
Shortcuts