THE END OF CELTICS BIG THREE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jokerblue. Show Jokerblue's posts

THE END OF CELTICS BIG THREE

We have to face the reality, this is the end of an era...if we retain KG, PP & Ray this year and don´t have salary cap to sign two or three stars, or one or two of the three top seeds in the draft....this team is over. It will be a bridge year, a nonsense year.

Send the big three contracts to other teams and sign Howard, Paul or the big new young players in the draft...now!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Re: THE END OF CELTICS BIG THREE

In Response to THE END OF CELTICS BIG THREE:
    We have to face the reality, this is the end of an era...if we retain KG, PP & Ray this year and don´t have salary cap to sign two or three stars, or one or two of the three top seeds in the draft....this team is over. It will be a bridge year, a nonsense year. Send the big three contracts to other teams and sign Howard, Paul or the big new young players in the draft...now!!!
    Posted by Jokerblue

Sorry your too late. Some celtic fans have already posted boston will get DH for bb, west and draft picks! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Perhaps thumper might like this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o_N_8pmAKc

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

We have to face the reality, this is the end of an era...if we retain KG, PP & Ray this year and don´t have salary cap to sign two or three stars, or one or two of the three top seeds in the draft....this team is over. It will be a bridge year, a nonsense year. Send the big three contracts to other teams and sign Howard, Paul or the big new young players in the draft...now!!!
    Posted by Jokerblue

I really hope that the big 3 all retire as Celtics.  If Danny never signed them, we would still be waiting to win another championship.  KG may retire before Ray and Paul, but I still would be very happy to see them all retire as Celtics.  Danny will try to do whatever he can to improve this team, depending on the salary cap when the new CBA has been decided.  Until then, I expect the Celtics may struggle to be 6th or 7th seed.  I also don't see Danny trading any of the big 3, but I suppose anything is possible. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

The Celtics could keep the Big Three and Rondo and add Dwight Howard under the cap by trading for the Cav's $14.4 million trade exception.  I'm not an expert at the rules. Could this possibly work?  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Hard to say...

The C's got knocked out of the playoffs early but I feel the reason was due to injuries, not that the Big 3 have lost it.

They weren't as consistent as they were earlier in the season... which may be attributed to all the injuries they had and at least Ray & PP playing big minutes.

But one point is interesting in that the BIG 3 were very healthy this season and the injuries we had were to the other players on the team. Had they stayed reletively healthy, we might have very well had a different ending to this season

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thrombosis. Show thrombosis's posts

Hold it- there may be cap room after next season.  WIth just PP, Rondo, and Green taking about 40 mill, how is it that the C's will have no cap space?  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: THE END OF CELTICS BIG THREE:
    The Celtics could keep the Big Three and Rondo and add Dwight Howard under the cap by trading for the Cav's $14.4 million trade exception.  I'm not an expert at the rules. Could this possibly work?  
    Posted by cavaliersfan

Just had to say that I am very happy about Cleveland's draft picks this year.  They should be a much better team in the next few years and probably become a playoff team.  Also great to see the Cleveland MLB team being so successful this year.  They still have the best record in the league and if this continues they will make it to the playoffs.  Cleveland fans certainly deserve some happiness. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nero2870. Show Nero2870's posts

I dont see the Big 3 being traded this year, I still believe this will be there last hurrah together for Boston. I also dont believe its 100% because of age, if you look at the stats the big 3 % FG increased vs the 2007-2008 season, they were more accurate this year than the championship year. Ainge and mgnt team need to sign quality reserves who I would think would carry the team after the Big 3 era.By giving them quality reserves and trusting these reserves to play 20 mins a game, then we could still end up in the top 4 in the east and work from there in the playoffs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

WE have another valid run in us with the team we have right now.  IF we trade them it would be years before we would field a team with the strength of next years team.  Let us enjoy one more year of winning and excitement.  If Danny can move some of the big three for other great playes he will do it, but it would take one of the big four plus a player like Davis and one or two of our first round choices in the future, great players do not come cheap unless you are a luker in la.  gasol deal

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

In Response to Re: THE END OF CELTICS BIG THREE : Just had to say that I am very happy about Cleveland's draft picks this year.  They should be a much better team in the next few years and probably become a playoff team.  Also great to see the Cleveland MLB team being so successful this year.  They still have the best record in the league and if this continues they will make it to the playoffs.  Cleveland fans certainly deserve some happiness. 
    Posted by susan250

Thank You.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Posted by Jokerblue

My understanding from reading posts and threads on this board is that they will be replaced relatively easily and that Danny and Doc already have started to the process.  WIth next year as a transition year, they will probably win 60, and then when the new BIG 3 are put in place the following year they are good for 70 wins indefinitely after that - that is just the way Danny does it.

So it may be the end of this BIG 3 but I believe I have read here that the next BIG 3 (hey why limit it to 3 - I think they could have 5 all-star starters and an all-star sitting on the bench as well) is imminent.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

In Response to THE END OF CELTICS BIG THREE : My understanding from reading posts and threads on this board is that they will be replaced relatively easily and that Danny and Doc already have started to the process.  WIth next year as a transition year, they will probably win 60, and then when the new BIG 3 are put in place the following year they are good for 70 wins indefinitely after that - that is just the way Danny does it. So it may be the end of this BIG 3 but I believe I have read here that the next BIG 3 (hey why limit it to 3 - I think they could have 5 all-star starters and an all-star sitting on the bench as well) is imminent.  I had cabin fever once, I have enjoyed most of your post and dry humor.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

The Big 3 are not as good as they used to be, but it wasn't their drop off that really hurt the C's.  It was great play by Miami, our injuries, trades/new players not familiar with the Defense and Offense, and a bench that fell apart (partly again due to injury but not all due to injury).  So, they'll have another run in them and it will come down to the same issue - can the team stay healthy?  We all worried about the Big 3's health but in the end, it was the health of Rondo, West, Shaq, JON, BBD, 'Quis, etc. 

Next year, they have to rebuild the bench, but the core 3 will still be great.  Don't lose faith.  All 3 are great great players who will work hard to come back and will perform admirably.

Sections
Shortcuts