The exit interview....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

The exit interview....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1646483-dwight-howard-reportedly-complained-about-mike-dantoni-in-exit-interview

Bleacher report aside - I heard Screamin A today say the same thing.  "De-wight doesn't feel that D'Antoni went to him for advice, or took his opinions seriously, he deferred more to kobe and Nash.........(paraphrasing here)."

Well, Clown, if you took the game more seriously, maybe people would take you more seriously.

I would lose a lot of respect for the lakers and Kupchak if they fire their coach to appease this idiot.

Screamin A further went on to say he thinks Jeannie will take over the business side of the lakers, fire No D, and hire Phil............in which case, DE Wight will stay.

I think it's now 60-40 he leaves!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: The exit interview....

stay or leave, I really don't think it matters...as everyone on ESPN agreed last night, he is not a leader, he is still very immature, he is a me first guy that shrinks when he is in the spotlight and isn't doing well...he needs to be a solid role player on a very good team where he can fit in...hell Marc Gasol is a better overall player at this point...he begins his 10th year in the league this fall...one finals appearance...not all his fault but he is not the building block of the future for a team with championship aspirations...just my two cents...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:

stay or leave, I really don't think it matters...as everyone on ESPN agreed last night, he is not a leader, he is still very immature, he is a me first guy that shrinks when he is in the spotlight and isn't doing well...he needs to be a solid role player on a very good team where he can fit in...hell Marc Gasol is a better overall player at this point...he begins his 10th year in the league this fall...one finals appearance...not all his fault but he is not the building block of the future for a team with championship aspirations...just my two cents...

Agree with you.  Don't know where he will end up but he can't be the player to build around for any team. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:

That's why I'd just as soon he re-signs with L.A.  He'll be an anchor to their championship aspirations -- in the wrong way.  :-)9

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Not even sure I want DH on the Lakers anymore. He has a lot of growing up to do. My biggest concern is losing him for nothing at all. 

The easiest solution to right the ship at this point would be to bring Phil back. He'd elevate DH's game and bring everyone back into the fold. Just don't know if that is something that would be considered by the Lakers' brass.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to FlobusMcNugget's comment:

Not even sure I want DH on the Lakers anymore. He has a lot of growing up to do. My biggest concern is losing him for nothing at all. 

The easiest solution to right the ship at this point would be to bring Phil back. He'd elevate DH's game and bring everyone back into the fold. Just don't know if that is something that would be considered by the Lakers' brass.

Yes, I said that in the opening post.

I read today, though, where Phil would come back to run the organization, not coach.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

If one doesn't like the Lakers the thing to wish for is Howard to stay. Imagine how mediocre he will be in 3 or 4 years...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

He will go to the Mavs or the Rockets...forcing the Lakers to do a sign and trade.  The Lakers will probably get a point guard like Jennings or a stretch 4 to fit D'antoni's style, maybe Josh Smith. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

I think the Lakers are in a tough spot anyway you look at it.  They have more money than anyone but have put themselves behind the 8 ball with all the dumb moves.  You have to give Howard the max but he can't shoot free throws, he doesn't dominate the boards like he could, his offense hasn't progressed, he's not a leader and his body is breaking down.  They could lose him for nothing or as Fierce states, drop Gasol and leave your team with one backup big.  Kobe will be a none factor for some time, Nash will bring it for about half the season and Meta World Peace is due to snap sometime here soon.   And we think we have problems in Beantown?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to red2004sox's comment:

I think the Lakers are in a tough spot anyway you look at it.  They have more money than anyone but have put themselves behind the 8 ball with all the dumb moves.  You have to give Howard the max but he can't shoot free throws, he doesn't dominate the boards like he could, his offense hasn't progressed, he's not a leader and his body is breaking down.  They could lose him for nothing or as Fierce states, drop Gasol and leave your team with one backup big.  Kobe will be a none factor for some time, Nash will bring it for about half the season and Meta World Peace is due to snap sometime here soon.   And we think we have problems in Beantown?

I do not think it is that bad. The Lakers will have a lot of cap space next year as Pau, Kobe, and Metta's contracts are up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

let's suppose that DH does leave....and consider that Chris Paul stays with the Clippers....so after the 2013/14 season Kobe, Pau, and Artest are gone (freeing up cap space)....Nash will probably be gone as well....with all of that money...who is available for the Lakers to sign that would make tham a contender again within a year..?  Kevin Love..? ....I think Jimmy has painted the team into a corner...just a hunch...we'll see....the Celts aren't in much of a better position...this could be like MLB in the mid '60's when the Yankees fell off the map....the shift in power in the NBA has already begun...think of it...we could actually see a Memphis/Indy Finals this year....

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to dirty52's comment:

I do not think it is that bad. The Lakers will have a lot of cap space next year as Pau, Kobe, and Metta's contracts are up.

Lakers have a lot of cap space, sure. But who will they sign?

What made the Laker situation worse was giving 4 draft picks for Steve Nash.

On who they sign will probably depend on who is coaching the team

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

On who they sign will probably depend on who is coaching the team

Everything rise and falls with leadership.

Right now the leadership of Jimmy Buss is the epitome of incompetence. So as long as Jimmy's calling the shots, the Lakers will never succeed.

Jerry Buss is the one who wanted Dantoni and he made some of the other decisions also

its not all on Jim Buss

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Jerry had the Final call on the hire......he didn't want any more of the triangle, and thought this idiot would give him back Showtime.

He didn't hit a homerun every time, either!!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

Jerry Buss is the one who wanted Dantoni and he made some of the other decisions also

its not all on Jim Buss

Wrong!

Jimmy Buss didn't want Phil Jackson. What choice did Jerry Buss have when he was dying then. Did you forget that Dr. Buss passed away this year?

When Phil Jackson retired and Jimmy took over, his first move was hiring Mike Brown!

HAHAHA

You  are wrong

The decision to bypass Phil Jackson and hire Mike D’Antoni came from Los Angeles Lakers patriarch Jerry Buss, according to a source.

The elder Buss is no longer involved in day-to-day affairs and has transferred many of his former responsibilities to his son, Jim.

"Make no mistake about it, Jerry Buss made the final call on firing Mike Brown, passing over Jackson and ultimately deciding on D'Antoni," confirmed an NBA source who requested anonymity. "The management structure is a democracy up to a certain point; but when something very big comes up, Jerry makes the decision.

"That's not to say he overrules his guys all the time -- he doesn't. But if he disagrees, he uses his veto power to do what is in the best interests of his organization. He's overruled Kupchak and he even went against Jerry West sometimes. They would have animated discussions, and Dr. Buss would listen, then sometimes do what he wanted."

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/224506/Source_Jerry_Buss_Made_Call_To_Hire_DAntoni

http://www.foxsportswest.com/11/15/12/DAntoni-move-brings-showtime-back-to-LA/landing_lakers.html?blockID=820341

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I DESPISE DWIGHT HOWARD !

NO CLASS

JUST NO CLASS...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Whatever helps DH not win a title Im all for... dont like the guy, hes a dirty player, team cancer and 2 faced punk.

Most infamous moment came in his presser immediately following SVG's presser where Stan tells the press DH had asked management throughout the year to fire him as coach.. then Dwight walks in (unaware of what just took place), puts his arm around Stan as the press asks him did he ever ask  the team to fire Stan... Dwight shrugs it off as stupid, of course not..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

its not all on Jim Buss

Wrong!

Jimmy Buss didn't want Phil Jackson. What choice did Jerry Buss have when he was dying then. Did you forget that Dr. Buss passed away this year?

When Phil Jackson retired and Jimmy took over, his first move was hiring Mike Brown!

HAHAHA

You  are wrong

The decision to bypass Phil Jackson and hire Mike D’Antoni came from Los Angeles Lakers patriarch Jerry Buss, according to a source.

The elder Buss is no longer involved in day-to-day affairs and has transferred many of his former responsibilities to his son, Jim.

"Make no mistake about it, Jerry Buss made the final call on firing Mike Brown, passing over Jackson and ultimately deciding on D'Antoni," confirmed an NBA source who requested anonymity. "The management structure is a democracy up to a certain point; but when something very big comes up, Jerry makes the decision.

"That's not to say he overrules his guys all the time -- he doesn't. But if he disagrees, he uses his veto power to do what is in the best interests of his organization. He's overruled Kupchak and he even went against Jerry West sometimes. They would have animated discussions, and Dr. Buss would listen, then sometimes do what he wanted."

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/224506/Source_Jerry_Buss_Made_Call_To_Hire_DAntoni

http://www.foxsportswest.com/11/15/12/DAntoni-move-brings-showtime-back-to-LA/landing_lakers.html?blockID=820341

You  are wrong

There must be some mistake.  Its not possible he is wrong.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts