The Five Greatest NBA teams of all time.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

Re: The Five Greatest NBA teams of all time.

Best team I ever saw was the one that Philly had with Moses Malone that buried Magic and Kareem in a finals sweep. Dr. J, Cheeks, Bobby Jones and Toney with Malone. I hated those guys!

The Jordan Bulls teams were all good but never could beat Boston with Bird in the playoffs 0-6, and never could beat LA when they had Kareem and took forever to beat Detroit. The Bulls just came around at the right time when Jerome Kersey and Duckworth were the big rivals.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

In Response to Re: The Five Greatest NBA teams of all time.:
    Best team I ever saw was the one that Philly had with Moses Malone that buried Magic and Kareem in a finals sweep. Dr. J, Cheeks, Bobby Jones and Toney with Malone. I hated those guys! The Jordan Bulls teams were all good but never could beat Boston with Bird in the playoffs 0-6, and never could beat LA when they had Kareem and took forever to beat Detroit. The Bulls just came around at the right time when Jerome Kersey and Duckworth were the big rivals.
    Posted by Celtics1986

Good points, especially about those '6ers. I think you're on target about the Bulls, they bloomed just at the right time while the Lakers, Celtics and Detroit were in dimise. Great teams,those Bulls none-the-less.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Id agree to the theory that the teams of decades past couldnt put up 100-110 point games on a consistent basis because of the improved defensive schemes.. jamming the lane, running off the jumper etc... although changes to charging, travelling and hand checking make life so much easier for offensive players.

Wondering how Russell would have faired if he played with the new defenses of the modern era...

he certainly would have much less blocked shots beause of timing... as he'd go up for a block, anticipating where the offensive player would release the ball.... the guy would run an additional 3 steps right by him for an easy layup on the other side with todays 5 step travel rule.... either that or foul out quick for standing his ground when Lebron came barrelling into his chest, knocking him down and getting called for the blocking foul anyway.

Yea, good thing Russell played way back then...

Sections
Shortcuts